PDA

View Full Version : NFL member supports Same Sex Marriage; Democratic office holder tries to slience him!

12voltman59
Sep 11, 2012, 4:05 PM
I found this on the net just a bit ago:

http://www.thenation.com/blog/169818/chris-kluwe-and-greatest-political-statement-any-athlete-ever

It does go to show that members of both parties come up with some outrageous stuff!!

"Bailiff: Whack the Man's Pee-Pee!!"

jem_is_bi
Sep 11, 2012, 7:01 PM
I don't think your going to have pro-football players coming out as bi or gay until after they retire.
As you know, Football is an entertainment business. A significant segment of hardcore fans that are willing to ignore players opinion on GLBT rights, would likely be offended and maybe withdraw support for their home team. That means less $$$$$$$.

wanderingrichard
Sep 11, 2012, 11:54 PM
Priceless!! Just the ammunition i needed back home. Thanks, Volty.

hudson9
Sep 12, 2012, 11:50 AM
Yea, I read about this in the Times. 2 things struck me: (1) reminds us not to apply stereotypes to people (i.e., jocks = homophobic), and (2) How does this State Rep. dare to try to stifle anyone's free speech rights!! That is COMPLETELY outrageous!!

darkeyes
Sep 12, 2012, 12:30 PM
Doesn't surprise me Voltie..the 1st professional footballer of ne code to come out was Justin Fashanu who came out in 1990.. I was 11... to date he is the only British player so to do.. he played for my team for a short while and well I remember the abuse he received from supporters of both them and opponents... it certainly contributed to his death as did allegations against him while he played in the United States. His niece did a documentary on Auntie Beeb earlier this year about "Britain's Gay Footballers".. dunno if it's on youtube or elsewhere but it's worth a look see..but world wide u could count on the fingers of one hand how many are out... and that's only if u have 2 fingers. Those who run the game have done nothing to open up the game and allow gay and bisexual footballers to be themselves openly nor to eradicate homosexual abuse at matches and indeed almost certainly they blackmail and intimidate player's into suppressing what they are. Valuable assets footballers are they not? Too vauable to be linked with the word "poofter"..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Fashanu
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_English_football
http://news.stv.tv/scotland/295728-scotland-tonight-gay-footballers/

jamieknyc
Sep 12, 2012, 12:55 PM
If you're a baseball fan, you know that they have been saying "Jeter's Gay!" at Fenway for years.

darkeyes
Sep 12, 2012, 2:08 PM
If you're a baseball fan, you know that they have been saying "Jeter's Gay!" at Fenway for years.
Dunno bout baseball or 'merican football... but every1 here knows that every player on the opposite team from urs at footie is gay... have almost been turfed out of Tynie moren 1ce for doin me nut at some dickheads who scream "gay" at other teams players when they come visiting.. same when I go to away matches which isnt ver often these days.. but what do the fuzz do bout it? or the Stewards? Bugger all and they are standing right next to where its all happening... and its me they threaten to lift or chuck out for threatening public order? bastards... ask them quietly they tell me patronisingly to iggie it...get het up and remonstrate wiv 'em for not doing ther job they do it by lifting the peeps who don't like what they see... write to clubs or the SFA or SPL or SFL and what do ya get?? Nowt or nice holding reply that they looking into it and do not condone anti homosexual chants and abuse... lip service..... religion they soon clamp down on and so they shud.. racism too.. but homophobia? Jeez... ya get slapped in chops hard wiv the silence... and most of the media r no better and political parties half heartedly say they will clamp down on it.. when???

darkeyes
Sep 14, 2012, 4:31 PM
I know once again it isn't American Footie Voltie.. but Angela Merkel's statement this week about being gay in my kind of footie is interesting... http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2012/09/14/integrations-spieltag-tackling-homophobia-the-last-taboo-in-football/..

It is also evidence that the main parties of the right in Europe are light years ahead of those in the US when it comes to lgbt issues... they are still far less progressive than parties of the left when it comes to our kind, but they have in the main come to terms with us and have accepted our right to be and do not suffer the hysteria and bigotry which is found in so much of their equivalent party in the US. I am of course insane for saying this, but then I am accused of that for far more controversial things than this... the signs of developments, very limited as they are in German footie are a hopeful sign for the future and with luck maybe in respect of the UK will encourage politicians, associations and clubs get off their backsides and properly combat homophobia in the British game.. however..in respect of British football, I wont hold me breath,,,

CurEUs_Male
Sep 14, 2012, 6:30 PM
I am embarrassed to be a citizen of the County of Baltimore.
He should be removed from office and brought up on federal charges for conspiracy to breach the rights under the American Constitution.

jem_is_bi
Sep 14, 2012, 9:31 PM
Did you vote for him or even worse not vote?
Otherwise, don't be embarrassed.