PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane

Jobelorocks
Sep 3, 2012, 7:58 PM
Well, I am in the NOLA area and as many of you know we were hit by the hurricane. Luckily our place sustained little damage, just one spot leaked in the spare bedroom. My hubby works in a field where he had to be at work before, during, and after the hurricane, so I was alone from Monday to Friday. We lost power around 1 in the morning Wednesday. Other than being hot, bored, and lonely I fared pretty well. We just got our power back about 2 hours ago. Just wanted to update everyone. If you weathered the storm feel free to post your story as well.

DuckiesDarling
Sep 3, 2012, 8:33 PM
{{{{{{{{{Jobelo}}}}}}}}}} glad you made it through safe, hon. The remains of Isaac have been hitting us up here in Kentucky. So far just rain right where I am but a few tornadoes spawned north of me. Hope they get everything settled and everyone taken care while they clean up. Stay safe, girl, we miss you around here.

12voltman59
Sep 4, 2012, 6:35 PM
Glad the storm was not that big a deal for you---sadly for people in other parts of Mississippi and Louisiana--they were not so fortunate.

Ironically----in my part of Ohio--they forecast we were going to get anywhere from a minimum of two inches of rain all the way to as much as 6 to 8" from the remnants of Issac--but as it turned out--we got no more than an inch or so---and we REALLY are in need of such a rain--even though its too late for most of the crops and such here.

Some isolated and scattered places up here got around three or four inches--mostly places in and around cities--and they or course had some flooding---out in the countryside---that was kind of rare!!