http://www.ontopmag.com/article.aspx?id=12836&MediaType=1&Category=26

- Drew :paw:

CelticBerserker
Aug 30, 2012, 8:45 PM
This came across my desk today...

"Bisexual Kyrsten Sinema Wins Arizona Congressional Primary"

http://www.ontopmag.com/article.aspx?id=12836&MediaType=1&Category=26

- Drew :paw:
Interesting. I'd like to see where she stands on the issues before I get too excited about her. At any rate, good for her.

darkeyes
Aug 30, 2012, 8:50 PM
Democrat.. cute... ne good? Who can tell.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyrsten_Sinema

Realist
Aug 31, 2012, 10:51 AM
Well, her looks aren't hard to take!

darkeyes
Aug 31, 2012, 11:17 AM
Well, her looks aren't hard to take!
Ur not wrong Realist... but then dont think mine r either:impleased.. but how I think, speak and act dont haff get up peeps noses at times! We don't vote on how peeps look, tho tbh how peeps think, speak and act hasn't exactly covered our elected representatives with glory has it?

Realist
Aug 31, 2012, 11:28 AM
That's a fact!

If we only knew how they REALLY felt!

ErosUrge
Sep 1, 2012, 5:17 AM
Interesting...glad to know someone is out in the open and in government. Of course, it's not the whole picture and wouldn't support anyone just based on that, but it's a good start. And like CELTICBERSERKER commented, I'd want to know more before I'd support her or anyone else that came out.

i_shoot_blanks
Sep 1, 2012, 12:57 PM
I live in Arizona, about 90 miles south of the subject of this thread. To be honest, I had never heard of her until now. The fact that she may be bi, gay, lesbian, CD, transsexual, has green hair or blue teeth has nothing to do with the fact that she is running for US Congress. The important part is that she is a good American, believes in the Constitution, upholding the law and and if elected, realizes she is the representative of all of the people in that district. She is the employee of the people. To paphrase what Mr Eastwood so eloquently stated, this is our land and they (the politicians) work for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darkeyes
Sep 1, 2012, 1:10 PM
I live in Arizona, about 90 miles south of the subject of this thread. To be honest, I had never heard of her until now. The fact that she may be bi, gay, lesbian, CD, transsexual, has green hair or blue teeth has nothing to do with the fact that she is running for US Congress. The important part is that she is a good American, believes in the Constitution, upholding the law and and if elected, realizes she is the representative of all of the people in that district. She is the employee of the people. To paphrase what Mr Eastwood so eloquently stated, this is our land and they (the politicians) work for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dunno' bout ur part of the world babes.. but certainly isn't like that 'ere... not too sure many believe that over ur way either,;)

i_shoot_blanks
Sep 1, 2012, 4:37 PM
Dunno' bout ur part of the world babes.. but certainly isn't like that 'ere... not too sure many believe that over ur way either,;)

Maybe my age is showing (my second birthday was approx five weeks after the June 6, 1944 Normandy invasion) or maybe I'm idealistic, but the fact that "we the people" are the ones that elect and send the politicians to Washington is what this entire idea is based upon. They work for us and if they are not performing the job to our satisfaction it is our right and our RESPONIBILITY to replace them.

tenni
Sep 1, 2012, 4:55 PM
Well, it is interesting that she is openly bisexual but that fact as being relevant is unknown. The concept that politicians work for "us" is also a bit of an idealist thought and a bit vague imo. Yes, the politician works for us but who is us? The answer I shoot seems to suggest is the majority. Where does intelligence, research, analytical thinking, wisdom et. come in to play with politicians? If the person is there to vote whatever the majority states, how are the minority given equal rights? It takes some thinking for a politician to wisely survive elections. Yet, some of us argue that politicians are just there to be re elected rather than make wise decisions.

There are so many angles. Clint is an naive man using simplistic, short term jargon statements imo.

Back on topic to this woman. She will have to decide about equal rights for all and not just the majority should her sexuality and equal rights for bisexuals ever come up in her government. The fact that it doesn't matter what race, religion, age, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, physical ability and a few more traits are not sufficient not to elect a person is part of gaining equal rights for all citizens imo.

darkeyes
Sep 2, 2012, 8:21 AM
Maybe my age is showing (my second birthday was approx five weeks after the June 6, 1944 Normandy invasion) or maybe I'm idealistic, but the fact that "we the people" are the ones that elect and send the politicians to Washington is what this entire idea is based upon. They work for us and if they are not performing the job to our satisfaction it is our right and our RESPONIBILITY to replace them.
Dont demur from what u say one little bit... I too am idealistic.. but my ideals wont allow me to replace one group by another simply because that group isn't performing to my satisfaction.. I need more than that.. if the alternative is not (in my opinion ) my cup of tea and has a philosophy contrary to my idealism, should I really vote for them because the other lot do not perform satisfactorily when the lot who are their potential replacement are abhorrent to me and are neither in my interests or that of society as a whole (in my opinion)? It is our responsibility to replace them.. but as one little voter out of millions that little vote counts for very little which does not mean to say I do not think we should vote... but we should be an active and proactive electorate rather than one which just turns out every so many years and moans in between.. which is how I am...and we should all be... but far too few are...

DuckiesDarling
Sep 2, 2012, 9:54 AM
I personally don't care the sexual orientation of any political person, any actor, any muscian, any one who is elected, appointed or hired to do a job or service, what I care about is they perfrom the job or service well.

darkeyes
Sep 2, 2012, 10:15 AM
I personally don't care the sexual orientation of any political person, any actor, any muscian, any one who is elected, appointed or hired to do a job or service, what I care about is they perfrom the job or service well.
Dunno bout u but I prefer whoever i vote for to have some empathy for me and some sympathy with the things in which I believe. Romney may well be a comepetent Pres.. Cameron a competent PM... but whether that competent Pres-ship or PM-ship is quite what u had in mind I have no idea.. depends what u want an elected rep to be competent at... lining his or her own pockets and those of his or her own? Defending his class interests against the rest of us? Competent at getting the law and the constitution to say what he and his kind want it to say and stuff the rest of us? Competent at lying and doing things he or she shouldn't? An incompetent who is our our side is pretty bad.. but anyone who is elected to a job and does it well can be and often is an infinitely more dangerous thing...

DuckiesDarling
Sep 2, 2012, 10:20 AM
Fran, what was said was I don't care the sexual orientation.... that is what I said and what I meant. Do not put words in my mouth about whether or not they are of my platform or in empathy with my leanings.

Just like I've posted various times in various threads about various public personas and their sexuality being unveiled.. ie Anderson Cooper or Mel Gibson's so called antiJewish rants. To me, Anderson Cooper is just a trusted news person and a good talk show host, Mel Gibson is a great director and decent actor. I care about the job they do not their bedroom habits or what goes through their mind when drunk.

darkeyes
Sep 2, 2012, 10:37 AM
I know what u were saying darlin' darlin' and I wasn't having a go at u honestly... the point I was trying to make is that often, competent politicians are often not in our best interests when we look the whole scope of political reality. I once voted against the adoption of a lesbian candidate for my local party on the grounds that she did not sufficiently represent my overal political leanings and the guy who was her principal opponent did even although she was more reflective on my view of sexuality issues.. And could not bring myself to vote for the Tories in the Scottish elections even although their leader is a lesbian who is sound on sexuality issues, but sadly her party both UKwise and parochially in Scotland is not.. better than it was but still not convincing and it is anathema to me generally in almost every other area.. my point is that the likes of she seems quite competent but it is not a competence I could trust because we have to consider the whole apple not just a mouthful because her apparent competence is not in my or my country's overall interests........