PDA

View Full Version : sighs... as if i don't have enough things going wrong...

DuckiesDarling
Aug 28, 2012, 7:58 PM
Pulled a bonehead move today. Don't ask how cause I still have problems understanding how myself.. but I managed to inflict a nice strong first degree on the verge of second degree burn on my stomach today. It didn't hurt while it was happening but boy did it freaking hurt when I realized it and saw the patch of skin that was hanging. Called my doctor to be told that since I was on so many meds I needed to go to ER.

Go to ER but don't take oxygen tank cause I want to be in and out on the "fasttrack" side which is for minor stuff. I was doing fine til they triaged me.. stupid machine managed to catch me below 90%, hospital was not impressed. Had to explain that I use it at home and that I just wanted burn treated, everything else that's wrong is already being medicated. So they let me stay on the fasttrack side and I was in and out in a few hours versus the nice long 9-10 hour visits when I have to use the primary er side.

So sitting at home with a bandaid on my tummy covering up the silvadene creme. It's not even that big a spot.. whole burn is almost size of quarter and the place where skin is gone is a bit smaller than that, just where it is... that's the bonehead part. Being located on waistband level, it's gonne rub.. and rub and rub and rub and rub.

So I guess from now on I'll only cook fully clothed.

littlerayofsunshine
Aug 28, 2012, 8:10 PM
YEeeouch!!! DD girl..... tsk tsk. I know that hurts so bad. I had 2nd to 3rd degree on my stomach once when I was a kid, Dumped a boiling hot pot of soup on my stomach cooking for myself when I was about 6. My dad being an army man didn't believe in hospitals unless you're on the potential end of dying, so I had to go around in my panties N no top for a week while the blisters popped and skin peeled. Oh and he didn't believe in ointment either.. Rubbin alcohol was his cure all.

Feel better soon Doll, Take care of it.

falcondfw
Aug 28, 2012, 9:12 PM
OUCH! Cooking? I was gonna warn you against trying to tan with a magnifying glass again. lol. Hope you heal quickly DD.

CelticBerserker
Aug 28, 2012, 10:15 PM
Very sorry to hear of your misfortune. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

IanBorthwick
Aug 29, 2012, 12:24 AM
Ok, I'm going to take it for granted your burn is minor but painful. Anything short of a Richard Prior exploding into flames event I can help you heal really fast with minimal fuss.

I work with Montana EmU Ranch and the oil we make will heal you SUPER fast. I'm not kidding you. What you may need is our Emugency Spray which will kill the pain as well as speed the healing a ton.

http://www.montanaemuranch.com/emugency-all-purpose-first-aid-spray/

It's on sale at 15% off and you can use my personal code to reduce the price still further, I think. It's Coupon Code SG206. That's a 10% off.

I would post pictures of how well it works on my son, my dog, my sunburn, etc, but I'm not really up to posting them all on Photobucket right now.

Hope you feel better soon.

http://www.montanaemuranch.com/content/pdf/EMUgencyBrochure.pdf

PS, that's the Brochure with the baby with 2nd degree burns.

CelticBerserker
Aug 29, 2012, 12:37 AM
Ok, I'm going to take it for granted your burn is minor but painful. Anything short of a Richard Prior exploding into flames event I can help you heal really fast with minimal fuss.

I work with Montana EmU Ranch and the oil we make will heal you SUPER fast. I'm not kidding you. What you may need is our Emugency Spray which will kill the pain as well as speed the healing a ton.

http://www.montanaemuranch.com/emugency-all-purpose-first-aid-spray/

It's on sale at 15% off and you can use my personal code to reduce the price still further, I think. It's Coupon Code SG206. That's a 10% off.

I would post pictures of how well it works on my son, my dog, my sunburn, etc, but I'm not really up to posting them all on Photobucket right now.

Hope you feel better soon.

http://www.montanaemuranch.com/content/pdf/EMUgencyBrochure.pdf

PS, that's the Brochure with the baby with 2nd degree burns.
Or she could cut out the middleman and pull some sour cream out of the fridge and apply a wee bit to the area in question. I used to do it all the time when I got burned in commercial kitchens. Takes the sting right out. Works like a charm :2cents:

DuckiesDarling
Aug 29, 2012, 4:36 AM
Well, the cream was more for the antiobiotics, to be honest the pain from the burn is a drop in the bucket compared to the pain I feel all over most of the time as a side effect of the meds I'm taking to breathe. So I'll just use the stuff they gave(rofl gave, as in insurance paid I paid my share) and keep the bandaid on to keep it from rubbing raw all the time.

IanBorthwick
Aug 29, 2012, 12:41 PM
Or she could cut out the middleman and pull some sour cream out of the fridge and apply a wee bit to the area in question. I used to do it all the time when I got burned in commercial kitchens. Takes the sting right out. Works like a charm :2cents:

And it does...what? Nothing.

What I recommended will speed up the healing and actually remove the chance for scarring. Something sour cream can't do as it doesn't have any of the benefits of what I work with. If you need documentation on how the stuff works, the history of it and how it's more effective than modern treatments I can provide that easily. But please, do not compare something as silly as sour cream to something as researched and respected as this. It doesn't make you look smart, it drags the product down by comparison, dilutes the conversation and removes a chance someone will use the products that have scientific proof as they will equate it with something as useless as sour cream.

Your sour cream does not contain Omega 3,5,6,7,9 alpha lipoic and palmitic acid, nor is it transdermal, known to aid in the repair of tissues, arthritis and synovial fluid retention and formation. I'm honestly trying to help DD and keep her from scarring. Not to mention this is a superior anti-infective and pain reducer, currently being used on patients with MRSA effectively.

CelticBerserker
Aug 29, 2012, 12:49 PM

What I recommended will speed up the healing and actually remove the chance for scarring. Something sour cream can't do as it doesn't have any of the benefits of what I work with. If you need documentation on how the stuff works, the history of it and how it's more effective than modern treatments I can provide that easily. But please, do not compare something as silly as sour cream to something as researched and respected as this. It doesn't make you look smart, it drags the product down by comparison, dilutes the conversation and removes a chance someone will use the products that have scientific proof as they will equate it with something as useless as sour cream.

Your sour cream does not contain Omega 3,5,6,7,9 alpha lipoic and palmitic acid, nor is it transdermal, known to aid in the repair of tissues, arthritis and synovial fluid retention and formation. I'm honestly trying to help DD and keep her from scarring. Not to mention this is a superior anti-infective and pain reducer, currently being used on patients with MRSA effectively.

Oh chill out. I just made a suggestion based on personal experience. If you want to plug your product, that's fine. You don't need to be insulting about it.

littlerayofsunshine
Aug 29, 2012, 12:58 PM
No offense Sean, I don't think DD will spend 20 dollars plus shipping on a burn she's already receiving treatment for. Hope DD won't get pissed at me saying so.. But She's kinda on a budget.

DuckiesDarling
Aug 29, 2012, 1:29 PM

Sorry, Sean, considering it's less than the size of a quarter and I have tons of scars already and my man loves me anyway, not too worried about scarring. The antibiotic/burn cream is doing what it needs to do. I meant what I said about being in constant pain in one place or another, mostly the muscles from the meds I'm on to help me breathe. Got another few months of those to make sure the pleural effusion is totally gone and treat the CHF, til then I'm hanging in there.

DuckiesDarling
Aug 29, 2012, 1:30 PM
No offense Sean, I don't think DD will spend 20 dollars plus shipping on a burn she's already receiving treatment for. Hope DD won't get pissed at me saying so.. But She's kinda on a budget.

Bingo, Never and Youbetcha!!!!

csrakate
Aug 29, 2012, 1:47 PM
This is for you, DD! :bigrin:

http://youtu.be/8C--bRUj4yk

Doggiestyle
Aug 29, 2012, 2:45 PM
OUCH,,,,, And amoung other more colorful words that I would probably use at such a moment. :yikes2: You gotta watch yourself, I mean that things like this seem to happen before you realize what is happening. What was that phrase that Tom Hanks supposedly invented in the movie "Forrest Gump",,,,,,,, "Shit Happens"

Actually I get burns and skint up places on me frequently. Sometimes I do it at work and sometimes I do it at home. I usually don't pay that much attention to it, a little neosporin, maybe a band-aide, and that's about it. One thing that does scare me is the "flesh eating bacteria" that seems to happen more frequently nowdays. A co-worker / friend of mine was at work one day when he cut his hand on a piece of steel. Wasnt that bad of a cut, bled a little, and that was about it. The next day he was comming down with a fever, went to a Dr's office and they said that it would be OK, just keep it clean and freshly bandaged they said. A few days later he was DEAD.

So all I got to say is be careful, OK? If you start running a fever, run to Dr's office, hospital, I mean get some medical care immediately OK? ,,,,,,,

Also almost forgot to say that the "silvadene" ointment is a really good, but expensive product, use it

Your friend, :doggie:

DuckiesDarling
Aug 29, 2012, 6:40 PM
Hugs ya Doggie, yeah I got the ointment, it's a compound of sulfa antibiotics and burn cream so it's doing pretty well. I'm just lucky that I can cover it with bandaid so it doesn't rub too bad when I have to put pants on. Just being on drugs that can immunosuppress made it a no brainer to call the doc but I wasn't really expecting to be told to go to ER, was more expecting a "well, we'll call in a prescription".. should have known better, I guess. Sent LDD a pic of it last night, it's ugly but it will heal.

DuckiesDarling
Aug 30, 2012, 2:46 AM
This is for you, DD! :bigrin:

http://youtu.be/8C--bRUj4yk

roflmao thanks

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Aug 30, 2012, 4:32 AM
Its called get some Balmex, the kind for Babies, with a tiny bit of deadener in it. Takes away the pain, covers the area nicely, and has a small amount of anti-biotic cream in it too, to promote quick healing. Most of us on a budget believe in quick, easy, and cheap. lol
Hugs Sweetie. And YES, an apron or long T-shirt might be a good option from now on. No sense in scorching yer naughty bits..:}
Cat

can i watch
Aug 30, 2012, 6:04 AM
Hey, Hope you heal fast...I burned my thigh a few years ago, while cooking. Spilled boiling water on my leg and my pants melted into my skin. May i pass this along to you? As soon as the skin is closed, put Vitamin E oil on it every day. It heals the skin. I had a scar the size of my hand on my thigh....you cant even see a thing.I swear by E oil...Feel better soon !

Realist
Aug 30, 2012, 9:07 AM
Seminole Indians use the Aloe plant for many medicinal uses. The best thing I've personally used Aloe for, was burns. No matter how badly I've burned myself, Aloe prevented blistering and the burns healed amazingly fast. My mother began growing aloe plants when I was a child and I still have some of them. You simply break off a piece and squeeze the thick leaf to extract the jell and apply it to the wound. Keep applying it until the soreness goes away and watch it heal.

Billys_gurl
Aug 30, 2012, 11:30 AM
I hope your burn heals quickly. I know how bad it can be when it's in an area where your clothes rub against it constantly. And Littlerayofsunshine I've been there too. Mine was a sunburn so bad when I was 13 that i couldn't wear a shirt for a week or more. I wore my moms tube top, and slept on the couch with 3 layers of towels because I blistered so bad. Needless to say I don't go out in the sun a lot, but when I do to swim I wear a t-shirt over my bathing suit!

DuckiesDarling
Aug 30, 2012, 11:50 AM
Thanks guys, it's gonna heal, just posted this mostly as "Goodness, I can't beliieve I was that stupid" to lighten it up a bit here. It really looks nasty right now... shudders as I look under bandaid but the antibiotic/burn cream is working. Got some wound honey from NZ that is helping as well. Yep, normally aloe would be all I'd need for a burn, I sunburn like you wouldn't believe and actually had sunpoisoning a few times in my life. And people wonder why I'd rather be awake at night lol