PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska Woman lied about the Hate Crime.

The Bisexual Virgin
Aug 22, 2012, 12:08 PM
I am pretty sure everyone read about the Nebraska woman who endured a horrific hate crime,right? Well guess what?Apparently it was all a lie.Who in their right sane minds would make up such a terrible story just for the sake of doing so?

Does this woman not know about the true hate crimes people have to endure on a daily basis? All opinions are more than welcome. And here's the link below:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2191664/Charlie-Rogers-Lesbian-charged-lying-claiming-masked-men-tied-beat-carved-anti-gay-slurs-body.html

darkeyes
Aug 22, 2012, 1:39 PM
Well.. makes me wonder... if she did fake it, and that is yet to be proved.. just what kind of dimwits do we have in the lgbt and what do they think they will prove by acting so stupidly? Like those who falsely claim rape they do us so much harm and do our credibility no good whatsoever.. if it was attention seeking just whose attention did she seek and why? Well she has plenty attention now.. innocent of being daft cow or not...

æonpax
Aug 22, 2012, 4:57 PM
Well.. makes me wonder... if she did fake it, and that is yet to be proved.. just what kind of dimwits do we have in the lgbt and what do they think they will prove by acting so stupidly? Like those who falsely claim rape they do us so much harm and do our credibility no good whatsoever.. if it was attention seeking just whose attention did she seek and why? Well she has plenty attention now.. innocent of being daft cow or not...

"Her lawyer, Brett McArthur, said she maintains that the attack happened, according to The Associated Press". - http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/21/13397580-lesbian-who-alleged-nebraska-hate-crime-charged-with-lying-about-attack?lite

This kind of behavior, if proved true, undercuts the plethora legitimate charges women file as far as both Physical assult and rape. "FBI reports consistently put the number of "unfounded" rape accusations around 8%." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_accusation_of_rape

darkeyes
Aug 22, 2012, 5:44 PM
..what makes it so bloody infuriating is that if she was attacked, and her claim is genuine.. she is now, because of the publicity, she is being assumed guilty, and it will not be for the prosecution to prove guilt, but for her to prove innocence... the prosecutions job then is made easier and her job so much more difficult...

Long Duck Dong
Aug 22, 2012, 11:37 PM
I admit to being a lil skeptical when the original story broke...... simply cos things did not make sense from a criminal point of view and in part from a forensic point of view ( I have a keen interest in forensic CSI ( crime scene investigation )

what annoys me most about this, is that yes, it makes it harder for others to be taken seriously, tho most hate crimes leave no doubt about the nature of the crime.... and cos its more shit the LGBT do not need to deal with and our nay sayers will be loving this chance to argue against harsher penalties for hate crimes

darkeyes
Aug 23, 2012, 1:17 PM
I admit to being a lil skeptical when the original story broke...... simply cos things did not make sense from a criminal point of view and in part from a forensic point of view ( I have a keen interest in forensic CSI ( crime scene investigation )

what annoys me most about this, is that yes, it makes it harder for others to be taken seriously, tho most hate crimes leave no doubt about the nature of the crime.... and cos its more shit the LGBT do not need to deal with and our nay sayers will be loving this chance to argue against harsher penalties for hate crimesFar be it for me to quibble, Duckie, but does this sound sceptical to you?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nebraska-lesbian-mutilated-anti-gay-hate-crime/story?id=16846781#.UA_WimEe6KI

my heart goes out to this woman and I hope the police find the SoB/s behind this...... cos its not so much the sexuality of the person, its what they did to her, that has me wanting the PoS off the street....

Long Duck Dong
Aug 23, 2012, 11:25 PM
sighs..... fran,..... take a seat and read carefully.....

( regarding my first post )
I hate bullies and people that gang up on people, I am a lil surprised that you so quickly forget about * my type * and how we are not pacifists but people of violence and aggression.... and I have a history of * standing up * for the * underdog * with my fists more than my mouth or my fingers..... and that is the basis of my first post, NO people deserves to be attacked by a pack of rabid * dogs *.....and having seen first hand the effect on females that have been gang assaulted, my hatred of some people in society is second only to my hatred of pedophiles.... and you may have forgotten that my own cousin raped and murdered a school girl in nz... and he has been warned to stay far away from me for his own safety.......

( regarding my second post )
DD can tell you that I talked with her in voice chat about how things did not match up when I read a few more of the links about the story, based around personal understanding and experience.....IE the way the female was cut.... and how I should post that in the thread but what is the fucking point, it would be just another way for people to go after me and accuse me of downplaying a hate crime etc etc

to give you a short list of where I have shown a dislike of some people yet a interest in knowing the truth in threads....

constance mcmillian threads
the rape and sexual assault threads
trans gender hate crimes threads
the lgbt hate crimes threads
the two teens shot in texas threads
the gaza fortilla thread....

as I have posted in the past, its all too easy to go after people mindlessly without checking facts...... or to twist things around to have a go at a person, something that happens in the site a lot.....

so in short, I have a issue with assholes.. but I also have a interest in the truth......

now I would appreciate it if you would return to your US/religion/politician/society bashing and stop trying to use my posts to create issues.......

darkeyes
Aug 24, 2012, 6:00 AM
*laffs* ur word is my command Duckie...

tenni
Aug 24, 2012, 8:36 AM
It is unfortunate and seems strange that a person would actually carve their own body up for some un released reason?

I know that this won't go over well...

As a bisexual who would rather see us not aligned with the GLT, it reinforces my stay away approach to the GLBT community group think. I've noticed that some on here who identify fairly strongly in a positive way have a very different "feeling" to their posts. It is kind of scary and this woman may reflect this unhealthy attitude. Then again, GLBT have not been all bad or are all people who support them. There hopefully, is a better explanation but we may never read about it.

darkeyes
Aug 24, 2012, 9:00 AM
It is unfortunate and seems strange that a person would actually carve their own body up for some un released reason?

I know that this won't go over well...

As a bisexual who would rather see us not aligned with the GLT, it reinforces my stay away approach to the GLBT community group think. I've noticed that some on here who identify fairly strongly in a positive way have a very different "feeling" to their posts. It is kind of scary and this woman may reflect this unhealthy attitude. Then again, GLBT have not been all bad or are all people who support them. There hopefully, is a better explanation but we may never read about it.
Bisexual men and women don't get carved up and assaulted like she claims? They don't invent or fake assaults? Are they so pure and innocent and the GLT so appalling? Your anti glt slip is showing again, tenni....

What this case should do is should reinforce nothing except horror and disgust at such an assault whatever the reason it occurred should it finally be proven to be so, and feelings of repulsion at fakery and stupidity should she have been so daft as to act the fool....and maybe some compassion and sorrow and understanding that she felt the need to act as she did...

tenni
Aug 24, 2012, 9:09 AM
Oh darkeyes, so you think that I have been trying to hide my displeasure with strong lg activists and group thinkies? :yikes2: No babes. I do not want to be aligned with those people and I don't think that I've ever said that I did. I'm pro bi as opposed to anti lg. I also know that as a group, bisexuals suck (not in a good way) as activists. Its a near Catch 22 scenario.

I think that this case did reinforce horror and disgust when it was published. I sensed some fear in myself as well. I'm not convinced that this woman faked it either but I only know like you as to what we read. It doesn't make sense that a person would carve up their own body? Pieces of this puzzle are missing. We may never know. If she did this for some fucked up reason about g&l being mistreated and she wanted to prove it, I don't think that you would want to associate with her? If the police are "twisting"(word of the week along with mysogynist..lol) I still don't want to have much if any affiliation. I feel sorry for her either way.