PDA

View Full Version : Pussy Riot Protests

tenni
Aug 17, 2012, 9:47 AM
In my artsie circles there has been growing concern and interest in "Pussy Riot". Pussy Riot is a female band in Moscow you have been arrested and imprisoned.

Concern and interest is growing in the mainstream in my country.

"A Russian judge found three members of the provocative punk band Pussy Riot guilty of hooliganism on Friday, in one of the most closely watched cases in recent Russian history.

The judge said the three band members committed hooliganism driven by religious hatred and offending religious believers.
Hundreds of Pussy Riot supporters had filled a narrow street where the court is located, chanting “Russia without Putin!” amid heavy police presence."

The three women in the band, who have been in jail for more than five months because of a guerrilla performance denouncing President Vladimir Putin in Moscow’s main cathedral, face a maximum seven years in prison when they are sentenced later Friday..............

The case has attracted international attention as an emblem of Russia’s intolerance of dissent. It also underlines the vast influence of the Russian Orthodox Church. Although church and state are formally separate, the church identifies itself as the heart of Russian national identity and critics say its strength effectively makes it a quasi-state entity."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/protests-flare-after-anti-putin-band-pussy-riot-found-guilty/article4485305/

What are your thoughts?

Gearbox
Aug 17, 2012, 10:09 AM
I'm hoping the UK and USA keep their fekin noses out!:yikes2:

darkeyes
Aug 17, 2012, 10:48 AM
Maybe ur right Gear... if they do they r likely to be locked away for years longer than they would otherwise be..

DuckiesDarling
Aug 17, 2012, 10:57 AM
I'm hoping the UK and USA keep their fekin noses out!:yikes2:

and not a word about Canada?? Tsk tsk.

Actually saw this story earlier on Stuff.co. it's interesting but not as interesting as the world's reaction to the story.

Gearbox
Aug 17, 2012, 11:20 AM
and not a word about Canada?? Tsk tsk.

Actually saw this story earlier on Stuff.co. it's interesting but not as interesting as the world's reaction to the story.
If you read carefully, you'll see that the thread is about Canada's concern.:tongue:

Gearbox
Aug 17, 2012, 11:23 AM
Maybe ur right Gear... if they do they r likely to be locked away for years longer than they would otherwise be..
That's what I'm guessing too. And am reminded that there's a red button in Russia, and it's 2012.:yikes2:

DuckiesDarling
Aug 17, 2012, 11:23 AM
If you read carefully, you'll see that the thread is about Canada's concern.:tongue:

My point exactly, you zeroed in on UK and US and not a word about Canada's concern which would be the concern of the whole world, the restriction of free speech and the right to dissent.

jamieknyc
Aug 17, 2012, 11:29 AM
These girls will rot in the gulag if the Western nations don't make the whole thing a political liability for Putin. Even Stalin backed down sometimes when there was an international outcry.

darkeyes
Aug 17, 2012, 11:44 AM
I agree with u Jamie... they have gotten 2 years from what I read.. my fear is that if western countries cut up rough about it that somehow they will end up rotting for much longer than that... yet can the west stand by and say and do nothing? I suspect they may make a murmur but that will be about all... for my part I have written to Putin through the Russian embassy here and to the Russian Consul in Edinburgh to appeal for clemency and for a free pardon... Putin did say they shouldn't be punished too harshly and now after 5 months in clink it is time for him to live up to his words... I have tried to see the Consul or someone senior in the consulate.... ok.. have a laugh.... his spare wheel did.... although he was very polite and charming but not at all helpful...

... but I intend to carry on... as is my way..:bigrin:

Paddarick69
Aug 17, 2012, 2:59 PM
my good friends (literally my good friends - have decades old friendships with two senior editors) at Reason have an interesting video on the subject:

http://reason.com/reasontv/2012/08/11/what-we-saw-at-the-solidarity-concert-fo

Paddarick69
Aug 17, 2012, 3:02 PM
and, yes, people and governments in the west and elsewhere making a stink about this would greatly help them... I wouldn't hold my breath on that happening though :(

binjlooking
Aug 17, 2012, 3:38 PM
I think they already got sentenced to 2 years. They are protesting in R U S S I A not San Francisco !

Gearbox
Aug 17, 2012, 5:03 PM
My point exactly, you zeroed in on UK and US and not a word about Canada's concern which would be the concern of the whole world, the restriction of free speech and the right to dissent.
Canada is already concerned. All hope for the contrary is lost there. I just hope and prey to God that those interfering fekers USA ................................ oh and the UK, keep their concerns to themselves.:tongue:

darkeyes
Aug 17, 2012, 6:46 PM
I think they r pretty good.. dunno wot they r saying yet but I think they r haff decent... they dont like Vlad much that is obvious...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yjmnE1VwoA

They may yet be the instruments of change who can tell...

Paddarick69
Aug 18, 2012, 12:29 AM
this is really all so ridiculous, what should have been an incident requiring AT MOST a public nuisance fine but far better a giggle and a "okay, move along now girls" is only making Putin look totally ridiculous that this scares him... reminds me of a Churchill quote:

"You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police. On all sides they are guarded by masses of armed men, cannons, aeroplanes, fortifications, and the like — they boast and vaunt themselves before the world, yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts; words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home — all the more powerful because forbidden — terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic. They make frantic efforts to bar our thoughts and words; they are afraid of the workings of the human mind."

and might I add it's a disgrace the higher-ups in the Russian Orthodox Church aren't rallying to these girls' aid... is their memory of not-so-long-ago when THEY were the persecuted ones failing them?

darkeyes
Aug 18, 2012, 4:46 AM
Sadly. I'm afraid theocracy is on the march in Russia, Pad and is using Putin to gain real power and influence in Russian society, and Putin relies on the Orthodox Church for his own... it is a mutual back scratching exercise and bodes ill for the future of Russian society, its people and the world...

The Russian Orthodox Church may have been suppressed and disapproved of by the state for almost 80 years but it is no movement for progressive change.. it was not during the days of Tsarist Russia and is little changed today.. it has come out from the shadows and once again plays its part in Russian society as is its right.. but it has come out and re-established itself along with a new "Tsar", and co-operates as it always co-operated with the old, with that new monarch, as a force for intolerance and suppression of free thought.

Pussy Riot are important.. we should not underestimate how important... there remain many opposed to the march of theocracy and the return to authoritarianism. Many of the young in particular have rallied to their cause and the young are always the hope of any country.. the young listen to western music, western music stations and are influenced by both the trends and the politics of western music as well as more general western culture... should Pussy Riot end up as iconic western idols, and dominate the airwaves for a while, this in turn will play its part in aiding all of Russia... I don't wish to overplay that, but music, as it has in the west, plays its part in shaping a society... it certainly has ours....it has its influence and if we should not over-estimate its influence and we can argue about whether it is a good or bad thing, but neither should we deny it its place as an instrument of change.. and Pussy Riot should not be denied theirs and wont be I suspect...

darkeyes
Aug 18, 2012, 2:16 PM
..and maybe all our shouting and kicking and stomping and jumping up and down in the west, allied to that within Russia, will yet have its effect... http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/aug/18/pussy-riot-russia-global-protest

tenni
Aug 18, 2012, 3:29 PM
When I was a "visitor" (differs from a tourist) in Russia twenty years ago, I lived the Russian lifestyle and mingled freely with Russian artists and writers. Through living with a Russian friend that I had met ten years before, I grew to understand them a little. I realized that Russia would never be like the West. For some communism had replaced any church as a place of worship but for many of the "intelligencia" that I met neither communism nor a church was accepted. In the first year after communism had fallen, I saw many "fringe" evangelica style attempting to get a foot hold in the Russians' mind. Some were from the US. Significant architectural churches did flouish even in the communist era but as buildings not churches.

I've been saddened by Putin's role in Russia but almost understand his rise and control. I don't think that Russia will ever be just like the west when it comes to freedoms.

I also found out that one of the Pussy Riot members has been a permanent resident of Canada. Not an immigrant but a permanent resident. Very interesting how she ended up back in Russia and a member of the Pussy Riot band. That hasn't come out here yet. Just that one (not sure which one) of Pussy Riot has been living in Canada. Canada's government is silent on this matter or I have not read any protest officially from a government official.

jamieknyc
Aug 19, 2012, 11:03 AM
Putin, like other tyrants, is counting that the outside world will do nothing. The Pussy Riot girls will be released only when their imprisonment becomes an international liability for Putin.

darkeyes
Aug 19, 2012, 1:08 PM
Putin, like other tyrants, is counting that the outside world will do nothing. The Pussy Riot girls will be released only when their imprisonment becomes an international liability for Putin.
That Putin is not nice..and that he is tyrant is not in doubt... as long as we do not forget that our own leaders, paragons of democratic and liberal virtue that they are,defenders of the freedom of humanity, are not above a little nastiness and suppression and throwing dissent into clink when it suits their purpose...

jamieknyc
Aug 19, 2012, 1:57 PM
That Putin is not nice..and that he is tyrant is not in doubt... as long as we do not forget that our own leaders, paragons of democratic and liberal virtue that they are,defenders of the freedom of humanity, are not above a little nastiness and suppression and throwing dissent into clink when it suits their purpose...
Putin is also counting on fellow travelers such as you preventing efforts in the West to free the Pussy Riot girls.

darkeyes
Aug 19, 2012, 5:20 PM
Putin is also counting on fellow travelers such as you preventing efforts in the West to free the Pussy Riot girls.
ahhh Jamie, Jamie...u know not of what u speak...as usual...

..one or 2 peeps may have believed your claim if the Communist Party still run the country, but no one whatsoever gives it any credibility at all while neo-fascism holds sway in Russia.. Fran has been active doing her bit along with millions of others to get them released... and continues.... and will continue...

tenni
Aug 19, 2012, 5:35 PM
ahhh Jamie, Jamie...u know not of what u speak...as usual...

..one or 2 peeps may have believed your claim if the Communist Party still run the country, but no one whatsoever gives it any credibility at all while neo-fascism holds sway in Russia.. Fran has been active doing her bit along with millions of others to get them released... and continues.... and will continue...

It would be nice if your belief in the Russian people had a strong base to build on. Although I've been out of Russia for 20 years, there is a basic difference between Russia and the West. You need to pay more attention to what Putin has been doing as far as controlling and manipulating the Russian constitution. It will be great if Russia pays attention to the Western protests. I wouldn't bet on a majority of Russians going against him. Putin is the new Czar...just as Stalin, Kruschev and a few others. Goberchiev was never a Russian Czar but there were others during the Communist era who were treated that way.

darkeyes
Aug 19, 2012, 6:45 PM
It would be nice if your belief in the Russian people had a strong base to build on. Although I've been out of Russia for 20 years, there is a basic difference between Russia and the West. You need to pay more attention to what Putin has been doing as far as controlling and manipulating the Russian constitution. It will be great if Russia pays attention to the Western protests. I wouldn't bet on a majority of Russians going against him. Putin is the new Czar...just as Stalin, Kruschev and a few others. Goberchiev was never a Russian Czar but there were others during the Communist era who were treated that way.
I haven't said much about my faith in the Russian people.. but nevertheless I do have it as I do in the people of every country on earth if they are allowed to fly free.. when they are not they may be cowed for a while,maybe even decades, but in time they will need to stretch their wings and reach for the sky... I do know that for all the oppression and fear which exists in Russia, millions of Russians oppose Putin.. they are disparate groups and there is little coherent opposition to the new Tsar.. yes tenni, I too consider him such and he is aided in his efforts by the Russian Orthodox Church, never a very progressive institution.. the last thing it wants in Russia is freedom... except for itself, and so it pats Vlad on the back and lets him do his thing in his way.. and Vlad bows 2 the Patriarch and says tyvm for the help what can I do for u?...

I know what Putin has been doing( I discuss Russia but little on this site but it does not mean I am not an avid Russia watcher....).. both his first stint as President and in his time as PM.. I know that he has become increasingly the despot... Russia is different from the west, I agree.. but not so very different that its people do not dream of and desire the liberties that we enjoy in the west, and to live in a country which is stable and prosperous, where people feel they have a real say in how their country and society is run... but such is the fragility of Russian institutions and democracy (if democracy it is) that it is a relatively simple thing for the ruthless to take from the people the freedoms they have so struggled to achieve and to bend those institutions to their will.. Pussy Riot and others suffer from the corruption which is endemic in Russia.. a corruption become even greater by rigged Duma elections.. the justice system increasingly favours the state... the poor become increasingly poor and oligarchs proliferate.. dissent is stifled and the jails and gulags fill up once again by any the state doesnt like..

The Tsar cements his hold on power with messianic vision to make Russia once again great.. he really means powerful because a great nation cares about its people and allows them to thrive and prosper and think, speak and act freely... a truly great nation is not afraid of dissent and does not impose fear on its people... and so Vlad impales himself on the stake of tyranny, and by his vision of the once again great Russia, he really means the great Russian Tsar Vladimir.. the meaning of Vladimir btw is "of great power" and he intends to live up to his name and he cares not one whit about the people of his country..

...but oppressed and downtrodden as they increasingly become time will take care of Vlad, and Russians will come together as they have before and overthrown the tyrant..they will again.. they are different from we in the west... but not so very different that they will forever live under an oppressor.. the opposition to the Tsar is weak.. it is divided, dispersed and disparate.. .but I very much doubt it will always be so.. and Pussy Riot is but one small but very important contribution to the defence of Russian freedom and to the creation of a more general unified Russian opposition to the tyrant... Vlad may hold the power and control the state apparatus...but his hold is not yet entirely secure..

Yes, tenni.. I have belief in the human spirit..and great belief in the Russian people to build that strong base and regain freedom lost..

darkeyes
Aug 19, 2012, 6:47 PM
LOL once again someone opens up her mouth and removes all doubt that she's a fool who knows nothing about what she's writing about. ;)
Pot...kettle..;)

jamieknyc
Aug 19, 2012, 9:03 PM
Putin got where he is in life by being the KGB thug who was smart enough to see which way the wind was blowing and go over to Yeltsin's side. I am old enough to remember the events.

æonpax
Aug 19, 2012, 9:05 PM
I have a T.a.T.u CD. I figured from the start, it was a put on....but when I was younger, I liked the imagery.

Anyways, in a related event;

Madonna sued in Russia for supporting gays - Some Russian activists have sued Madonna for millions of dollars, claiming they were offended by her support for gay rights during a recent concert in St. Petersburg....

...The complaint includes a video taken at the concert showing Madonna stomping on an Orthodox cross and asking fans to raise their hands to show the pink armbands in support of gays and lesbians that were distributed among the audience, the new agency reported.... http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/story/2012-08-19/madonna-russia-lawsuit/57136198/1

I like her. Not familiar with her music but I admire the attitude.

darkeyes
Aug 20, 2012, 4:26 AM
I have a T.a.T.u CD. I figured from the start, it was a put on....but when I was younger, I liked the imagery.

Anyways, in a related event;

Madonna sued in Russia for supporting gays - Some Russian activists have sued Madonna for millions of dollars, claiming they were offended by her support for gay rights during a recent concert in St. Petersburg....

...The complaint includes a video taken at the concert showing Madonna stomping on an Orthodox cross and asking fans to raise their hands to show the pink armbands in support of gays and lesbians that were distributed among the audience, the new agency reported.... http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/story/2012-08-19/madonna-russia-lawsuit/57136198/1

I like her. Not familiar with her music but I admire the attitude.
I too have Tatu in me collection.. and was crestfallen when I found out they were a gimmick even if I was unsurprised...cos I liked them.. am not a huge fan but do have number of her CD's,but being unfamiliar with Madonna's music surprised me.. however no matter... but this does matter to any Russia watcher http://rt.com/politics/moscow-ban-gay-events-910/ and have a wee look see at the banners on the right of the page...

darkeyes
Aug 20, 2012, 5:12 PM
...and of course the Tsars skivvies and minions ain't finished yet...http://rt.com/news/pussy-riot-criminal-case-launched-121/

void()
Aug 21, 2012, 10:20 AM
Another mindless distraction by Ashkenazi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi_Jews) Jew (http://jahtruth.net/rabbis.htm) bankers (http://michaeljournal.org/bankphilo.htm). The Christians taking offense are from the same tree as the promoters, Ashkenazi or as was known in WWII parlance, Nazis.

Katja
Aug 22, 2012, 5:36 AM
Another mindless distraction by Ashkenazi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi_Jews) Jew (http://jahtruth.net/rabbis.htm) bankers (http://michaeljournal.org/bankphilo.htm). The Christians taking offense are from the same tree as the promoters, Ashkenazi or as was known in WWII parlance, Nazis.
I may not be Jewish, but am of Ukraine Russian extraction and your post displays an insensitivity to a group of people who made up close to 90% of the victims of the Nazi holocaust. The comment is both flippant and unworthy and bears no relation to the situation.

jamieknyc
Aug 22, 2012, 12:07 PM
...and of course the Tsars skivvies and minions ain't finished yet...http://rt.com/news/pussy-riot-criminal-case-launched-121/
It would be more accurate to describe Putin's regime as neo-Stalinism than as fascism or tsarism.

Cast Iron
Aug 22, 2012, 1:00 PM
I may not be Jewish, but am of Ukraine Russian extraction and your post displays an insensitivity to a group of people who made up close to 90% of the victims of the Nazi holocaust. The comment is both flippant and unworthy and bears no relation to the situation.

I may take offense myself, being second generation Hungarian Jew and all my relatives were wiped out in Auschwitz. I like ya too much though, void.

darkeyes
Aug 22, 2012, 1:02 PM
It would be more accurate to describe Putin's regime as neo-Stalinism than as fascism or tsarism.
We will agree to differ on that point Jamie, but fyi I loathe Stalinism almost as much as Fascism and Nazism... more so in fact in the sense that Stalinism was an obscene and extreme corruption of the principles of Marxism every bit as brutal as Fascism.... and if I may say so, far more brutal and extreme than ever was the Tsarist state except that it had a limited more socially progressive agenda than did pre-revolutionary Russia. Stalinism did not have the race issue to contend with (officially at least) and each ethnic group was constitutionally protected and considered equal and there was always a very limited element of democracy.. not democracy as you and I would understand it.. but which fascism and national socialism rejected out of hand. The economic philosophy and policies of Stalinist Russia, its satellites and Mao's Stalinist China, and those of both Fascist countries and Nazi Germany are poles apart. We can argue about where Putin is headed but from my observations I contend that he heads down the right wing fascist slope and possibly, should he begin in his desperation to divide the nation of ethnic grounds, he will slip over into the realms of the infinitely more serious and dangerous evil of National Socialism...

darkeyes
Aug 22, 2012, 1:11 PM
When I first saw Voidie's post Kat, I exploded... then sat down working out wtf he was yabbering on about... slowly it dawned on me that in his own fanciful and vague way the daft bugger was making a point which is anything but racist... sit down, chill, think about it over a nice cuppa and u will see there is a kind of sense in his words...:bigrin:

jamieknyc
Aug 22, 2012, 1:38 PM
Stalinism was not a corruption of Marxism, but its logical progression. It ended when Soviet society was liberalized a little along the lines of 'bourgeois democracy.'

darkeyes
Aug 22, 2012, 1:50 PM
We will agree to differ about that too Jamie... I can just as easily argue that the logical progression from capitalism is Fascism and National Sociliasm.. more easily in fact since it fascism at least is historically more common in that it arises more easily and spontaneously within nations rather as in the case of most Stalinist states, imposed from outside and it can just as easily be argued that National Socialism is a logical progression from fascism.

However, whether either argument is correct is highly questionable and I do not accept either with certainty.. but as capitalism slips deeper into the shit.. and capitalist nations become ever more repressive and paranoid, so far I think there is enough evidence for the capitalism/fascism claim to stand than the other... at the very least it can be claimed that fascism, as a very famous Scottish Communist and friend of my Grandad argued before I was born, is capitalism gone desperate. We can argue that too and while I don't necessarily accept it, neither do I discount it...

darkeyes
Aug 22, 2012, 7:39 PM
...and Jamie..and anyone else who doubts the truth of my words....http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/aug/21/west-hypocrisy-pussy-riot. I am sure of course, Jamie you would be equally critical of your own government and support an American punk rock band when they get screwed and have the book and more thrown at them for doing much the same thing in New York's biggest synagogue...

"There is of course a difference between the liberties enjoyed in most western democracies and the cruder jurisprudence of modern Russia, China and much of the Muslim world. It would be silly to pretend otherwise. But the difference is not so great as to merit the barrage of megaphone comment from west to east. Pussy Riot may have attacked no one physically, but no society, certainly not Britain, legislates on the basis that "words can never hurt". If a rock group invaded Westminster Abbey and gravely insulted a religious or ethnic minority before the high altar, we all know that ministers would howl for "exemplary punishment" and judges would oblige." - Simon Jenkins

tenni
Aug 22, 2012, 8:15 PM
Stalinism was not a corruption of Marxism, but its logical progression. It ended when Soviet society was liberalized a little along the lines of 'bourgeois democracy.'

From what I know, I think that Marxism is very far away from Stalinism. The Soviet Union surprisingly had classes which was far from the ideals of Marxism. I was really surprised to find four classes of train travel in a communist state! Marxism began to be watered down right with the rise of Lenin.

void()
Aug 23, 2012, 7:56 AM

Actually the Ashkenazi Jews were the ones whom came from Zoroaster, which indeed encompasses Judaism, Christianity, Islam. The ones claiming to be offended are Christians whom have come down from this branch of Ashkenazi Jews. These Jews are the false Jews Jesus gave hell for being money changers, they are evil.

This bears relevance to this situation because people need to understand the actual context of what is going on. It is nothing more than a social/religious false flag to pull the wool over the eyes of mainstream Christian Western media. It is literally the same sect bad mouthing members of its own sect, which is little more than a damn pony show. There's no point to this save to be a distraction. "Oh look, evil Russian Jews take offense at Christian music group", it's not what it appears, just a shiny distraction. I would wager it is an attempt to trigger Russia back into being an enemy, which is pure stupid unless you consider self fulfilling prophecy of the Bible.

No offense was intended to real Hebrew Jews from the House of Israel and they know well whom they are, and whom the fakes are.

tenni
Aug 23, 2012, 8:26 AM
Void
With all due respect, your point is interesting but I do not understand the connection to Pussy Riot. Are you stating that the Russian Orthodox Church is not Christian but a branch of Judiasm? I can agree that what the Russian justice system is doing is under false pretenses about hooligasm against the Russian Orthodox Church? I do not think that the Russian government under Putin cares a great deal about mainstream Christian media. In fact, I suspect that there are sections of the Russian population who take pride in their government going against the West. They may see it as a resurgence of Russian power in the world. I know that was shattered after the fall of Communism.

void()
Aug 23, 2012, 11:38 AM
Void
With all due respect, your point is interesting but I do not understand the connection to Pussy Riot. Are you stating that the Russian Orthodox Church is not Christian but a branch of Judiasm? I can agree that what the Russian justice system is doing is under false pretenses about hooligasm against the Russian Orthodox Church? I do not think that the Russian government under Putin cares a great deal about mainstream Christian media. In fact, I suspect that there are sections of the Russian population who take pride in their government going against the West. They may see it as a resurgence of Russian power in the world. I know that was shattered after the fall of Communism.

Russian Orthodox if derived from Catholic church is indeed derived from Ashkenazi Jews. These folks replaced true Christianity with Sumerian / Egyptian Solar mystery school worship, making the sun an idol for the masses. While this happened there was also a sect whom coming from Zoroasters out of Iran / Iraq began cementing control via the money changers / banks.

And yes, it is meant to be seen as resurgence of Russian power. This also coincides with the tenets of 'the devil' rising from Russia, as red is the devil's color, as written in Revelation. The money changers now are ran by British monarchy and they are pulling the strings to make it seem Russia is rising up as a power again. This is all part of what the Ashkenazi Jews and Zoroasters desire. It will then plunge the world back to darkness to be ruled by their 'eternal flame', the sun, which is the false messiah.

If any thinks this is just some inane conspiracy theory, look at history. Explain why Hitler and other such despots such as Mao were all Catholic. Further, you can also follow the money out to prove a lot of it. Look at the Whiskey Rebellion in the U.S. as but one example. It established Hamilton's Federal Reserve bank, which is not a government institution but rather a private bank, which issues fiat currency to enslave us in perpetual debt. You can look at the Rothchild family to understand how having control of money can control all.

Apologies, I often see the congruency in threads of history, forgetting others can not, or will not.

darkeyes
Aug 23, 2012, 1:23 PM
Isn't quite what I thought u had in mind, Voidie.. load of twaddle interesting tho it may be...:bigrin:

void()
Aug 23, 2012, 1:39 PM
Isn't quite what I thought u had in mind, Voidie.. load of twaddle interesting tho it may be...:bigrin:

Twaddle, yeah sure.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1430625/

http://www.lexrex.com/enlightened/articles/warisaracket.htm

http://www.online-literature.com/orwell/1984/

http://youtu.be/Tb_MmqgdCWI

If it is twaddle, then twaddle believed as well by those far wiser than myself. Once one begins to look at what you call twaddle, it does begin to make sense. Of course, the moon being made of cheese could be made to make sense.

darkeyes
Aug 23, 2012, 1:50 PM
Twaddle, yeah sure.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1430625/

http://www.lexrex.com/enlightened/articles/warisaracket.htm

http://www.online-literature.com/orwell/1984/

http://youtu.be/Tb_MmqgdCWI

If it is twaddle, then twaddle believed as well by those far wiser than myself. Once one begins to look at what you call twaddle, it does begin to make sense. Of course, the moon being made of cheese could be made to make sense.
Am very fond of cheese... the moon being made of it get me there asap.. long as its not blue stilton or some such.. but u really have to do better Voidie... no Standard Grade Modern Studies for u.. and am not sure about History... course my history is not urs.. tho it is more than u think.. but no matter. we all have our little foibles and illusions... and mine are no doubt every bit as silly as yours...:kiss:

jamieknyc
Aug 23, 2012, 2:58 PM
Void
I have a feeling that the post was tongue in cheek, or that someone is spamming the forum pretending to be Void. Historically, anyway, Jews were banned from living in the lands under the control of the Russian Orthodox Church, which was highly antisemitic (among other things, it created the Protocols of the Elders of Zion). Almost all Ashkenaz Jews lived in Catholic Europe,

void()
Aug 23, 2012, 6:45 PM
Almost all Ashkenaz Jews lived in Catholic Europe,

Admission then of their existence. No one is spamming or pretending to be. Really don't know who would want to be me, nothing to gain by being me. You all may be getting jollies and laughs. Could it possibly be I'm onto something of historical truth? No, just dismiss void as some hilarious nut case. I'm sorry many seem incapable of thinking, although that is not my problem it causes me problems.

pepperjack
Aug 23, 2012, 10:00 PM
Admission then of their existence. No one is spamming or pretending to be. Really don't know who would want to be me, nothing to gain by being me. You all may be getting jollies and laughs. Could it possibly be I'm onto something of historical truth? No, just dismiss void as some hilarious nut case. I'm sorry many seem incapable of thinking, although that is not my problem it causes me problems.

I know I'm getting mine....jollies & laughs that is!:smilies15

void()
Aug 24, 2012, 7:13 PM
I know I'm getting mine....jollies & laughs that is!:smilies15

I have taken some time in considering what response if any this warrants. All I can fathom is to respond in telling you, no further response is forthcoming. I did not and will not claim you need my permission for anything. I said that in a sense of washing my hands of you. And so, no further response is there for you.