PDA

View Full Version : What a good way to make a statement, huh?

The Bisexual Virgin
Aug 3, 2012, 1:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg-jzlWcc0E&feature=player_embedded:yikes2:

This man is a jerk, and sissy ass punk to the tenth degree. Instead of going to the hate groups, or the president of Chick-fil-a, he decides to bully an employee. This is just sad, and it's not helping the gays look good at all.

Annika L
Aug 3, 2012, 2:08 PM
I would urge you to drop the name-calling. But I do agree that his move here is low-class, it's not a good way to get things done, and ultimately, it quite possibly does more harm than good to the cause. Sad and bitter, really.

æonpax
Aug 3, 2012, 2:20 PM
This man is a jerk, and sissy ass punk to the tenth degree. Instead of going to the hate groups, or the president of Chick-fil-a, he decides to bully an employee. This is just sad, and it's not helping the gays look good at all.

He is immature and decidedly very stupid.

The Bisexual Virgin
Aug 3, 2012, 2:26 PM
I would urge you to drop the name-calling. But I do agree that his move here is low-class, it's not a good way to get things done, and ultimately, it quite possibly does more harm than good to the cause. Sad and bitter, really.

I am not name calling. He made a punk ass move on an innocent employee. Any man with guts, and bravery would take his anger out on the president, not an employee.

_Joe_
Aug 3, 2012, 2:58 PM
One of the most gut wrenching pictures I've seen with this whole chick-fil-a business

http://www.vizionzfromthebottom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/chicfila.jpg

The congregation is predominately black. Don't they know their own history, that religion was used to justify discrimination against them time and time again, from slavery, marriage rights, voting, etc?! If ANYONE should be in tune with the injustice it should be them.

I know the saying goes, "those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it", but as depressing it is to see this, I know history showed they finally got rights they wanted...so gay rights are on the horizon.

æonpax
Aug 3, 2012, 3:25 PM
One of the most gut wrenching pictures I've seen with this whole chick-fil-a business

The congregation is predominately black. Don't they know their own history, that religion was used to justify discrimination against them time and time again, from slavery, marriage rights, voting, etc?! If ANYONE should be in tune with the injustice it should be them.

I know the saying goes, "those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it", but as depressing it is to see this, I know history showed they finally got rights they wanted...so gay rights are on the horizon.

Stupid young people, if they are lucky, grow up to be stupid old people.

The Bisexual Virgin
Aug 3, 2012, 3:28 PM

As a black woman I love their chicken too,( actually I might stop by chick-fil-a today) so that image you posted, really is just showing me that people enjoy their chicken that so happen to be christian, and black. I am by no means a Christian, in fact I am very far from it, but the one thing I abhor the most is when people try to bring up the discrimination between skin color, and someone's sexual orientation. They are two different things, and you cannot compare the two. It really grates my nerves to hear some gay guy say well "what about black people being discriminated against? Aren't our struggle and theirs the same thing?" No, dude it's not, and never will be.

On another note, I strongly agree that blacks, or any other minority group should run far away from The New Christianity as possible. Not because I don't believe in God because I do, and I do believe someone like Jesus existed,but when the Europeans decided to take it upon themselves to force an unknown religion down someone's throats and actually killing them for not believing in the same thing, is extremely barbaric.

æonpax
Aug 3, 2012, 3:36 PM
As a black woman I love their chicken too,( actually I might stop by chick-fil-a today) so that image you posted, really is just showing me that people enjoy their chicken that so happen to be christian, and black. I am by no means a Christian, in fact I am very far from it, but the one thing I abhor the most is when people try to bring up the discrimination between skin color, and someone's sexual orientation. They are two different things, and you cannot compare the two. It really grates my nerves to hear some gay guy say well "what about black people being discriminated against? Aren't our struggle and theirs the same thing?" No, dude it's not, and never will be.On another note, I strongly agree that blacks, or any other minority group should run far away from The New Christianity as possible. Not because I don't believe in God because I do, and I do believe someone like Jesus existed,but when the Europeans decided to take it upon themselves to force an unknown religion down someone's throats and actually killing them for not believing in the same thing, is extremely barbaric.

What an odd thing to say.

The Bisexual Virgin
Aug 3, 2012, 3:51 PM
What an odd thing to say.

How so? did you look at the picture he presented?

_Joe_
Aug 3, 2012, 3:52 PM
They are two different things, and you cannot compare the two.

I totally agree that the struggle is not the same, but the point I am stuck on is although they are two different things, that were/are being justified by one thing -- religion. Religion is a scapegoat for many people to disguise their bigotry. It's more accepting in society when they say "This is against Christian Morals" instead of what they really mean, "I am better than blacks/gays/women/etc".

I would hope that people that have been the focus of discrimination for whatever reason, have some empathy when they see someone else going through discrimination. These people are holding up a bag of chick fil a ready to say "homosexuality is wrong, it's in the Bible", and ignoring that versus in the Bible that justified discrimination towards them not long ago.

And just to add to the irony of everyone running out to buy fried chicken...

http://www.openbible.info/topics/gluttony 168 Bible Versus concerning Gluttony
http://www.openbible.info/topics/homosexuality 17 Bible Verses concerning Homosexuality

Vuillardgr
Aug 3, 2012, 4:20 PM
I am a Christian. I try to practice what some Christians tend not to ignore. The basic principles of of our faith. No judgement, loving everyone, helping each other, and understanding each other.
I am a black woman who was raised in the south. I was raised to believe that traditional relationships were the only way. We all know as we get older, it's our responsibility to learn , grow , and make decisions for ourselves.

There are too many gays and bisexuals who have gone through hell and back to be who they are. Others have killed themselves because they couldn't resolve who they are with the cruel pressures of society. I starting thinking to myself, what if society demanded that I stopped being attracted to men? That's never gonna happen. So why should we demand this of gays and bisexuals? Most say it isn't the urges but it's the act that's a sin. If you are in love and this is just who you are, how is that a sin?

Why would I go out of my way to make a fellow free tax paying citizen's life hell because they are living life the only way they can?! What child of God would do that? I had to urge some "church goers" to learn to practice the basic tenants of the faith instead of being self righteous, judgmental assholes. The best way to show your true Christianity is by being a loving person and letting each other know that we offer support.

I believe in the first amendment. I'll defend someone's right to it even if I find their views heinous. I refuse to support chik-fil-a because the CEO gives money gay hate groups. This guy has to think about if he would hire a gay person? Seriously?! The best way to protest is through the wallet in these instances.

Vuillardgr
Aug 3, 2012, 4:22 PM
Sorry. In the first line of previous post i meant say: I tend to practice what some Christians tend to ignore.

Annika L
Aug 3, 2012, 5:17 PM
I am not name calling. He made a punk ass move on an innocent employee. Any man with guts, and bravery would take his anger out on the president, not an employee.

So yes, his move was gutless, cowardly...not to mention stupid, ineffective, and counter-productive. I think I agree with your feelings about this.

But I contend that "jerk" and "sissy ass punk" are in fact names that you called him...thereby engaging in name calling.

tenni
Aug 3, 2012, 7:14 PM
"This man is a jerk, and sissy ass punk to the tenth degree." post 1
"I am not name calling. He made a punk ass move on an innocent employee." post 4

I notice that bi virigin dropped the use of the word "sissy" when declaring that she was not name calling?

Clearly Bi virgin did not acknowledge her use of the word "sissy" in relationship to men of which the person in the video was. Although some gay and bisexual men play a sexual game where they refer to themselves as "sissy" that is equivalent to a Black man calling himself "niggar". The word "sissy" used by another in addressing a boy or man is a challenge to his masculinity and his sexuality. Some gay men and perhaps some bimen have suffered by the use of this word against them in their childhood. It is equivalent to calling a man a fag.

Yes, there is a co relation to racial discrimination and sexual orientation discrimination. Discrimination is discrimination. Denial of equal rights when it comes to marriage is bigotry based. People who deny this are very selective when it comes to equal rights imo. They fail to acknowledge that equality is equality regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability or age. You can not pick one such as race and say that they are not the same as the others. It always looks like one has suffered more than other minorities if you are within a minority.

I agree that the way to the president is to create problems within the chain stores. Impact his bottom dollar line. It seems both his supporters and detractors are trying to use capitalism to make their point. Although I feel sorry for the woman employee, if done sufficiently the word does go up the chain. The kiss in today was probably a more productive campaign that individuals complaining to employees.

It is a shame about bigotry.

The Bisexual Virgin
Aug 3, 2012, 7:24 PM
So yes, his move was gutless, cowardly...not to mention stupid, ineffective, and counter-productive. I think I agree with your feelings about this.

But I contend that "jerk" and "sissy ass punk" are in fact names that you called him...thereby engaging in name calling.

Well, you calling him stupid is no better, so I am not the only one doing the name calling.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Aug 3, 2012, 7:31 PM
Guys...did anyone ever stop to think that All of this mess could be a well planned, well staged, publicity stunt to boost the ratings of a flagging business? I mean, come on, how many years did Chic-fil- a be in business? There were gay people back before this whole business started, why do they pick Now to throw a good hissy fit over Homosexuality? The business was having an economical slump, and now all of a sudden, they have rating off the roof tops, and have customers out the ass...No pun intended.

I could be wrong. But ya never know..think about it a bit..:}
Cat.

Annika L
Aug 3, 2012, 8:00 PM
Well, you calling him stupid is no better, so I am not the only one doing the name calling.

*sigh, shakes head* I said his stunt was stupid, etc. There's an important difference.

Vuillardgr
Aug 3, 2012, 8:33 PM
Tenni,

I agree with you that all discrimination is horrible and should be squashed at any and every opportunity. In some ways, we are all part of a minority at one point in our lives. As a black woman, some would consider me "two strikes out". They see my skin and my gender before anything else. Not that I would want to , but those aren't things that can be hidden or assumed. I am educated , I've worked for a well known investment bank, I don't have any children, and never been married. But some people wouldn't know that or would care to know. All they would see is a black woman and immediately negative assumptions would arise.

Now, for most gays and bisexuals... you can't just look at someone and tell what their orientation is. A racist employer would hire someone who had education, great resume, awesome personality, etc etc ...but that same person could be gay or bi and the employer would never know unless he did some digging or if the new hire was open about their orientation.

That's a huge difference between race and sexual discrimination. I can't hide my blackness or my being a woman. As soon as I fill out that gender and race questionnaire, it's probably over for me with many potential employers. No, I'm not saying my struggle is more important than another. It isn't. When it comes to certain situations, I would have a harder time landing an awesome position or getting a fair mortgage rate just because of my skin color and or gender.

As I said no one's plight is more important than another, but this is why most blacks take issue when someone tries to say sexual and race struggles are the same. Both are horrible but racial bigotry is just a different awful can of worms.

The Bisexual Virgin
Aug 3, 2012, 8:52 PM
*sigh, shakes head* I said his stunt was stupid, etc. There's an important difference.

Well i basically said the same thing, regardless of which he had no right to attack this young woman.

The Bisexual Virgin
Aug 3, 2012, 8:56 PM
"This man is a jerk, and sissy ass punk to the tenth degree." post 1
"I am not name calling. He made a punk ass move on an innocent employee." post 4

I notice that bi virigin dropped the use of the word "sissy" when declaring that she was not name calling?

Clearly Bi virgin did not acknowledge her use of the word "sissy" in relationship to men of which the person in the video was. Although some gay and bisexual men play a sexual game where they refer to themselves as "sissy" that is equivalent to a Black man calling himself "niggar". The word "sissy" used by another in addressing a boy or man is a challenge to his masculinity and his sexuality. Some gay men and perhaps some bimen have suffered by the use of this word against them in their childhood. It is equivalent to calling a man a fag.

Yes, there is a co relation to racial discrimination and sexual orientation discrimination. Discrimination is discrimination. Denial of equal rights when it comes to marriage is bigotry based. People who deny this are very selective when it comes to equal rights imo. They fail to acknowledge that equality is equality regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability or age. You can not pick one such as race and say that they are not the same as the others. It always looks like one has suffered more than other minorities if you are within a minority.

I agree that the way to the president is to create problems within the chain stores. Impact his bottom dollar line. It seems both his supporters and detractors are trying to use capitalism to make their point. Although I feel sorry for the woman employee, if done sufficiently the word does go up the chain. The kiss in today was probably a more productive campaign that individuals complaining to employees.

It is a shame about bigotry.

umm tenni you are wrong.I called him a sissy because instead of going to the hate groups, or the ceo, he attacked this girl, who done nothing.

The Bisexual Virgin
Aug 3, 2012, 9:16 PM
Tenni,

I agree with you that all discrimination is horrible and should be squashed at any and every opportunity. In some ways, we are all part of a minority at one point in our lives. As a black woman, some would consider me "two strikes out". They see my skin and my gender before anything else. Not that I would want to , but those aren't things that can be hidden or assumed. I am educated , I've worked for a well known investment bank, I don't have any children, and never been married. But some people wouldn't know that or would care to know. All they would see is a black woman and immediately negative assumptions would arise.

Now, for most gays and bisexuals... you can't just look at someone and tell what their orientation is. A racist employer would hire someone who had education, great resume, awesome personality, etc etc ...but that same person could be gay or bi and the employer would never know unless he did some digging or if the new hire was open about their orientation.

That's a huge difference between race and sexual discrimination. I can't hide my blackness or my being a woman. As soon as I fill out that gender and race questionnaire, it's probably over for me with many potential employers. No, I'm not saying my struggle is more important than another. It isn't. When it comes to certain situations, I would have a harder time landing an awesome position or getting a fair mortgage rate just because of my skin color and or gender.

As I said no one's plight is more important than another, but this is why most blacks take issue when someone tries to say sexual and race struggles are the same. Both are horrible but racial bigotry is just a different awful can of worms.

thank you, for saying everything that needs to be heard.

elian
Aug 3, 2012, 10:37 PM
I am glad to see that employee tried their best to serve all people with a smile..she was actually about to tell him her personal viewpoint, which by her demeanor I would think was fairly compassionate but apparently he was too busy feeling good about his "righteous protest action" to care. Someone here reminded me that all of the restaurants are franchised, and I'm glad they did..the individual owners or employees may not agree at all with the CEO but they do treat their employees well.

I went there tonight for a sundae, there wasn't a line out the door, but the parking lot was full, the drive through was about as busy as it gets around holiday time. No one was upset or offended, a bunch of teens were laying on the grass eating ice cream - we were all smiling and very polite. A few older couples who asked for milkshakes were told that they "don't have milkshakes" right now by an embarrassed cashier. The cashier who served me was amazingly courteous, and I'm pretty sure she knew why I was there, she still wanted to make a good impression, No spiked collars, no leather miniskirts, a few families, a few younger men and pairs of women but nobody was kissing or making a spectacle of themselves.

Why did I go? Well for one thing i was driving by at just about the right time. If you refuse to even HAVE a discussion, then all you have is a bunch of angry people and nothing is learned. If the anti-gay people can show support for their cause, the LGBT people can show support for their cause too. Just by being there. I'm sure they will be watching the cash receipts very closely. It will probably be the only day I eat there in a long time to come, the last time i was there was when my mother treated me to dinner when we were holiday shopping five years ago.

I say anti-gay instead of pro-family because i believe that any family where the parents can provide a stable, nurturing environment and provide for the basic needs of a child is worthy of the title.

Two things I've viewed recently convinced me that a) Jesus came to Earth to be human, and that the most enduring part of Jesus' ministry was love, compassion and forgiveness (not death, pain and isolation) and b) there is value, experience in every action - whether that action is perceived as good or bad. I could either choose to punish the people who work there, or not.

Would you rather have someone who did everything they could to belittle you, abuse you and stand apart from you, or would you rather they extend a hand, give you a hug and try to understand where you are coming from - even if they can't bring themselves to completely accept you? Which one changes hearts and minds?

In time people will find the acceptance they seek. For the "gay" issue, the younger people where I work really don't even understand "what the big deal is" about "gay" people wanting to get married. We all have prejudices, the best thing I can do is LISTEN when you tell me your story, your experience .. there isn't anything i can really do to take away the pain you have been through, but I can give you a hug, a smile, a kind word - It's harder for an introvert to do than it looks and it's nothing compared to what I have heard about decades of institutionalized discrimination. Maybe naively, somehow I still hope it helps.

Children are usually pretty tolerant and loving until we start filling them with all of our dislikes, fears and worries. Some of them are a lot smarter than that though, I have to admire when knowing all of that, they still just smile back and give you a hug.

We are sort of partial, attached to the concepts we know, especially the physical ones we can bump up against. All things will pass - but love's light is eternal.

falcondfw
Aug 4, 2012, 12:30 AM
I agree with Bi Virgin's original statement.

They showed this guy's video on the news. 1. He was a CFO (Chief Financial Officer) of a large corporation. 2. He was an adjunct professor at a local college.

His decision making skills include 1. "Feeling purposeful" for telling off some poor schoolgirl who kindly kept repeating "Whatever we can do to serve you, we are happy to do it" and things like that. 2. Ripping into some poor girl who had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the controversy and who's only crime was needing a job. 3. Having the INCREDIBLE financial foresight and wisdom to know that a 3 cent cup is absolutely going to crush the bottom line of a company with over 1600 stores.

By the way, this monster intellectual was FIRED from both jobs, as soon as someone in authority saw the video of what he did to this girl. So, now he has plenty of time to find other ways to feel "purposeful". Oh, and the best part of all, this guy is so supportive of the LGBT community, that he makes sure at the end of the video to tell the poor cashier that he is 100% heterosexual, "not a gay in me.".

Now that is true class.

This jackass should have been fired for being a rude and obnoxious asshole, first. When you have a C in front of your title, you represent the company whether you are in the boardroom or talking to your mom on the phone. And he should have been fired for showing how good a financial manager he is in thinking a 3 cent cup would impact the company, second. Finally, he should have been fired for missing the entire point of things, third. This whole deal is not about gay marriage. It is about the freedom of speech for someone to express their opinion (Dan Cathy). It is also about the right of a business to locate where they want, as long as they meet the requirements. The mayors of Boston, Chicago, and San Francisco deserved this s**t storm. If you listen to the whole interview with Dan Cathy, he never once said he was against gay marriage. He said he supported traditional marriage. The two are not mutually exclusive. Even so, by these mayors opposing a chick-fil-a restaurant in their town, those mayors were preventing him from having a business because of his religious views. That is what the nazi's did to the jews in Germany before and during WWII. If you were Jewish, you were "encouraged" to close your business. For those that did not, there was Kristallnacht. And now, these 3 mayors are trying to bring that radical hatred to America.

The idiot in the video got what he deserved. Hopefully, the mayors of Boston, Chicago, and San Francisco will get what they deserve the next time they are up for re-election.

And for the record, Wednesday was my first time ever in a chick-fil-a. Kinda sad, since i have had a store within blocks of me for the last 17 years. But I just don't eat that much fast food. The Lake Worth store (15 miles away) had to shut down at 6pm, because they had sold out of EVERYTHING, even soda. The drive through line was 1.5 miles back, almost to the highway, according to news reports, Before Wednesday, their biggest day for reciepts was $14,000. Wednesday, they did $25,000 in business. Who knows what they could have done if they stayed open until their original time? Many stores around Dallas had to close several hours early.

æonpax
Aug 4, 2012, 5:00 AM
<snip/unsnip> I believe in the first amendment. I'll defend someone's right to it even if I find their views heinous. I refuse to support chik-fil-a because the CEO gives money gay hate groups. This guy has to think about if he would hire a gay person? Seriously?! The best way to protest is through the wallet in these instances.

Just to clarify something. This entire Chick-Fil-A debacle isn't really a constitutional issue, per se. The Bill Of Rights is a list of things that the government (not private citizens) is prohibited from doing. The goob who owns Chick is exercising his rights as are those boycotting or buying from his establishments. The government isn't involved here. However.....

....it becomes problematic when mayors and other constitutional officers, start taking sides banning businesses that are legally implementing their rights, however unpopular as they are. This could very well be construed as to government interference with ones constitutional rights.

Just sayin.

tenni
Aug 4, 2012, 8:48 AM
umm tenni you are wrong.I called him a sissy because instead of going to the hate groups, or the ceo, he attacked this girl, who done nothing.

I think that we understand the word "sissy" in very different manner. We speak the same language but there must be a different weighting of such words? What you seem to be doing from my perspective is supporting bigotry/hatred/discrimination against gay/bisexual men by your use of such a word.

If you didn't agree with his behaviour why slur the man's sexuality and masculinity? Sexual orientation name calling was not needed. You have ignored both Annika and my suggestion that you tone down your attack. Would you not be offended if I called you a "nigger"? You don't seem to see the connection about weighting the word "sissy". For you race is a special form of discrimination. That is understandable as you are living it. It might enrich you to look beyond your own aspects of discrimination to see the broader picture.

In my country, there is a group of South east Asians called "Siks". They are a religious and cultural group who wear head coverings(turbans). They are also required by their religion to wear a "kirpan" which is a sword /dagger. Reaction from other Canucks was hostile when they won the right to wear a turban rather than a stetson if they joined the Royal Canadian Mounted police. Similarly, they won the right via our Charter section 15 and our constitution to wear a kirpan (most wear a very small kirpan hidden in a pouch around their neck or have a plastic one as to not offend other Canucks). This goes against the values of many Canadians personally as far as weapons are concerned. Our constitution gives the Siks the right to wear such things. They oppose same sex activity based on their religion. Many intelligent and sensitive Sik leaders do however generally tolerate it because they accept that equality is equality in the law. If they wish to be treated and respected as far as their religious rights, they must embrace all minority rights whether they be gender, sexual orientation, physical and mentally disabled, age etc. Racial bigotry is not to be tolerated less so than sexual orientation etc. As a Black woman it might help if you opened up your tolerance and sensitivity to other minorities.

Does this make any sense to you?

The Bisexual Virgin
Aug 4, 2012, 9:27 AM
I think that we understand the word "sissy" in very different manner. We speak the same language but there must be a different weighting of such words? What you seem to be doing from my perspective is supporting bigotry/hatred/discrimination against gay/bisexual men by your use of such a word.

If you didn't agree with his behaviour why slur the man's sexuality and masculinity? Sexual orientation name calling was not needed. You have ignored both Annika and my suggestion that you tone down your attack. Would you not be offended if I called you a "nigger"? You don't seem to see the connection about weighting the word "sissy". For you race is a special form of discrimination. That is understandable as you are living it. It might enrich you to look beyond your own aspects of discrimination to see the broader picture.

In my country, there is a group of South east Asians called "Siks". They are a religious and cultural group who wear head coverings(turbans). They are also required by their religion to wear a "kirpan" which is a sword /dagger. Reaction from other Canucks was hostile when they won the right to wear a turban rather than a stetson if they joined the Royal Canadian Mounted police. Similarly, they won the right via our Charter section 15 and our constitution to wear a kirpan (most wear it hidden in a pouch around their neck or have a plastic one as to not offend other Canucks). This goes against the values of many Canadians personally as far as weapons are concerned. Our constitution gives the Siks the right to wear such things. They oppose same sex activity based on their religion. Many intelligent and sensitive Sik leaders do however generally tolerate it because they accept that equality is equality in the law. If they wish to be treated and respected as far as their religious rights, they must embrace all minority rights whether they be gender, sexual orientation, physical and mentally disabled, age etc. Racial bigotry is not to be tolerated less so than sexual orientation etc. As a Black woman it might help if you opened up your tolerance and sensitivity to other minorities.

Does this make any sense to you?

Ummm, tenni did you read what I said? Apparently not. And for you to throw the word nigger in my face,just proves that you are a racist jerk, but I guess that's the perks of being a white male.Oh what's it's like to have white privilege? I bet it's awesome:eek2:. And if I had to be honest you comparing the word nigger to sissy is a huge insult and a slap in the face. I never mention anything about this man's sexuality, in fact he claims that he is straight,but you trying to pick a fight with me because that man was being a complete sissy for attacking a girl.What grown self respecting man does that? He does not have big enough balls to attack the hate groups? I don't think so. So therefore he acted like a little whiny girl, to another girl.

I would also like to add that a person of a specific race that is not white will have a tougher time to co-exist and be who they are,because of whats on the outside. A person can hide being gay, but a person cannot hide their race or gender. These issues that gays speak of is really minor, to what some blacks, Orientals, etc had to go through.

Vuillardgr
Aug 4, 2012, 10:18 AM
Just to clarify something. This entire Chick-Fil-A debacle isn't really a constitutional issue, per se. The Bill Of Rights is a list of things that the government (not private citizens) is prohibited from doing. The goob who owns Chick is exercising his rights as are those boycotting or buying from his establishments. The government isn't involved here. However.....

....it becomes problematic when mayors and other constitutional officers, start taking sides banning businesses that are legally implementing their rights, however unpopular as they are. This could very well be construed as to government interference with ones constitutional rights.

Just sayin.

I never said it was a constitutional issue. That's why I made the point in saying it's everyone's basic right to speak our minds and have our views. As I stated in my previous post, the simplest and most effective way of voicing our opinion with these issues with businesses is to vote with our wallet. The CEO has a right to his views and I have a right to mine and I'll demonstrate by not doing business with him.

And you are right, it does become problematic when politicians jump in and try to take things out of the hands of citizens. I never disputed that.

Just saying.

æonpax
Aug 4, 2012, 12:04 PM
Sissy is a pejorative term for a boy or man who violates or does not meet the traditional male gender role. Generally, sissy implies a lack of courage and stoicism, which are thought important to the male role. A man might also be considered a sissy for being interested in traditional feminine hobbies or employment, displaying effeminate behavior, being unathletic, or being homosexual.

Sissy is, approximately, the male converse of tomboy (a girl with "unfeminine" traits or interests), but has none of the latter's positive connotations. Even amongst gay men, behavior thought of as sissy or camp produces mixed reactions. Some men reclaim the term for themselves.

The term sissyphobia denotes a prevailing negative cultural reaction against "sissy boys". Sissyphobia has more recently been used in some queer studies; other authors in this latter area have proposed effeminiphobia as an alternative term.

`

I use the word sissy occasionally, mainly for guys who whine to much, regardless of orientation. I calls them as I sees them. I know a few gay dudes that are effeminate, but they don't act like sissies, even when they behave like butt-heads, they never whine.

While no guy of any orientation likes to called a sissy, some are more sensitive about it than others.

DuckiesDarling
Aug 4, 2012, 5:47 PM
Sissy is a pejorative term for a boy or man who violates or does not meet the traditional male gender role. Generally, sissy implies a lack of courage and stoicism, which are thought important to the male role. A man might also be considered a sissy for being interested in traditional feminine hobbies or employment, displaying effeminate behavior, being unathletic, or being homosexual.

Sissy is, approximately, the male converse of tomboy (a girl with "unfeminine" traits or interests), but has none of the latter's positive connotations. Even amongst gay men, behavior thought of as sissy or camp produces mixed reactions. Some men reclaim the term for themselves.

The term sissyphobia denotes a prevailing negative cultural reaction against "sissy boys". Sissyphobia has more recently been used in some queer studies; other authors in this latter area have proposed effeminiphobia as an alternative term.

`

I use the word sissy occasionally, mainly for guys who whine to much, regardless of orientation. I calls them as I sees them. I know a few gay dudes that are effeminate, but they don't act like sissies, even when they behave like butt-heads, they never whine.

While no guy of any orientation likes to called a sissy, some are more sensitive about it than others.

Exactly, seems a few on here will take offense to anything but then again sometimes a prostitute is just a prostitute and not a sex trade worker and a person is a sissy because of actions not their sexuality... but then a few will try to create new issues where none exists just to cause drama on here.

I don't like Chick Fil A but it has nothing to do with the owner's statement that he supports traditional marriage. Big deal, it's his right. Not everyone in the world is going to agree with same sex marriage, but there will be those precious few that understand that it doesn't matter the gender of two people in love, they should be able to proclaim it to the world like everyone else. But they should also have the same heartaches of divorce that everyone else has... So yeah.. equality.. it's not just an idea, it's a goal to strive for.

On the other hand, I did see a wonderful motifake the other day that I wish I'd saved. Had a very effeminate gay male dressed with a crown and robe to complete the "queen" look and said they should legalize same sex marriage cause I'd watch the hell out of Gay Divorce Court. That might offend someone but get over it, that's exactly the kind of thing we need to have out there to make people realize it's not the end of the world if gays can marry.

pepperjack
Aug 4, 2012, 6:37 PM
I agree with Bi Virgin's original statement.

They showed this guy's video on the news. 1. He was a CFO (Chief Financial Officer) of a large corporation. 2. He was an adjunct professor at a local college.

His decision making skills include 1. "Feeling purposeful" for telling off some poor schoolgirl who kindly kept repeating "Whatever we can do to serve you, we are happy to do it" and things like that. 2. Ripping into some poor girl who had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the controversy and who's only crime was needing a job. 3. Having the INCREDIBLE financial foresight and wisdom to know that a 3 cent cup is absolutely going to crush the bottom line of a company with over 1600 stores.

By the way, this monster intellectual was FIRED from both jobs, as soon as someone in authority saw the video of what he did to this girl. So, now he has plenty of time to find other ways to feel "purposeful". Oh, and the best part of all, this guy is so supportive of the LGBT community, that he makes sure at the end of the video to tell the poor cashier that he is 100% heterosexual, "not a gay in me.".

Now that is true class.

This jackass should have been fired for being a rude and obnoxious asshole, first. When you have a C in front of your title, you represent the company whether you are in the boardroom or talking to your mom on the phone. And he should have been fired for showing how good a financial manager he is in thinking a 3 cent cup would impact the company, second. Finally, he should have been fired for missing the entire point of things, third. This whole deal is not about gay marriage. It is about the freedom of speech for someone to express their opinion (Dan Cathy). It is also about the right of a business to locate where they want, as long as they meet the requirements. The mayors of Boston, Chicago, and San Francisco deserved this s**t storm. If you listen to the whole interview with Dan Cathy, he never once said he was against gay marriage. He said he supported traditional marriage. The two are not mutually exclusive. Even so, by these mayors opposing a chick-fil-a restaurant in their town, those mayors were preventing him from having a business because of his religious views. That is what the nazi's did to the jews in Germany before and during WWII. If you were Jewish, you were "encouraged" to close your business. For those that did not, there was Kristallnacht. And now, these 3 mayors are trying to bring that radical hatred to America.

The idiot in the video got what he deserved. Hopefully, the mayors of Boston, Chicago, and San Francisco will get what they deserve the next time they are up for re-election.

And for the record, Wednesday was my first time ever in a chick-fil-a. Kinda sad, since i have had a store within blocks of me for the last 17 years. But I just don't eat that much fast food. The Lake Worth store (15 miles away) had to shut down at 6pm, because they had sold out of EVERYTHING, even soda. The drive through line was 1.5 miles back, almost to the highway, according to news reports, Before Wednesday, their biggest day for reciepts was $14,000. Wednesday, they did $25,000 in business. Who knows what they could have done if they stayed open until their original time? Many stores around Dallas had to close several hours early.

Which is exactly why I like to watch Undercover Boss occasionally; an abuser of authority sometimes gets nailed by the head honcho.:impleased

Sparetire
Aug 5, 2012, 3:28 PM

Just sayin.

This has been my point all along... Gay marriage is one debate and I'll not comment on it but Free Speech (so far) is still our constitutional right. Mr Cathy can say whatever he wants with int normal legal bounds and he is entitled to his opinion. If gay people want to stop buying CFA sandwiches, that is well within their right and frankly... It's what capitalism and free market is all about! YOu hit the nail on the head as far as I am concerned.... If gay people want to get something done, start looking at the politicians (not that they can ANYTHING done) and less at people who have their right to an opinion. People are going to be against gay marriage and legalizing marijuana and whatever else you can come up with... BUt gay's protesting free speech and staging kiss ins is not helping their cause. Not at all. Go to the source of the problem.

void()
Aug 6, 2012, 9:23 PM
Go to the source of the problem.

Exactly. Take away their valued profit.

Dead Account
Aug 6, 2012, 10:09 PM
Just goes to show what concensus stupidity and ignorance really looks like.

tenni
Aug 7, 2012, 1:10 AM
Isn't the source of the problem bigotry and inequality within the US constitution?

tenni
Aug 7, 2012, 2:04 AM
"I use the word sissy occasionally, mainly for guys who whine to much, regardless of orientation. I calls them as I sees them. I know a few gay dudes that are effeminate, but they don't act like sissies, even when they behave like butt-heads, they never whine. "

I would agree that you have a point if you also referred to women who whine too much as sissies. I've never heard a woman or a man call a woman who whines a "sissy". A more common slur for a woman who whines is a "bitch" or "cunt".

The fact is that if a boy acts effeminate it is sufficient for another boy to call him a "sissy" in my society and I suspect in the US. The fact that a man is called a sissy is questioning his masculinity/bravery and traditional aspects of being a man. Being a "sissy" / fag is considered less than a man. Fag is sorta the evolution of the word "sissy". Young boys today will use the slur "fag" in lieu of "sissy" as a slur against another boy. As I wrote some gay and bimen want to be called a "sissy" as part of a humiliation domination submissive sex play. There are definitely sexual orientation connotations for men.

falcondfw
Aug 7, 2012, 3:27 AM
Isn't the source of the problem bigotry and inequality within the US constitution?

Tenni,

that is the most disgusting comment you have ever made.

Maybe if you actually read what you deride, you would have a different opinion.

darkeyes
Aug 7, 2012, 5:59 AM
Tenni,

that is the most disgusting comment you have ever made.

Maybe if you actually read what you deride, you would have a different opinion.
C'mon Falcon, babes.. hardly... don't b so prickly... the US constitution is hardly perfect... neither is Canada's Charter of Rights and Freedoms... and the UK? U try reading through hundreds of years of legislation and precedent... and of course the EU on top... tenni asked a question.. answer him instead of getting so affronted!!:)

falcondfw
Aug 7, 2012, 7:26 AM
Sorry Fran.

Strongly disagree.

I was responding to one specific statement Tenni made which was made from ignorance and stupidity.

I don't expect him to have the Constitution taught to him, because he is Canadian, but before he makes such idiotic statements, Tenni needs to educate himself and read the damn thing he is ripping.

Perhaps, if he did, he would not make such stupid statements.

Th US Constitution is not bigoted or inequal, considering the times in which it was made. Those issues that were problematic (slavery, women's sufferage, African American rights, have LONG since been addressed by amendments as our society has evolved and grown. If Tenni had bothered to read the document which he holds in such contempt, he would know that.

I don't appreciate someone trashing my country and the documents on which it was founded when they cannot bloody well be bothered to either read the documents in question or stop and listen to others and learn. As I am sure you "get your hackles up" when people insult Scotland or its founding.

If you come from a perspective of having made the effort to read it or of making the effort to learn about it, that is one thing. When you come from a perspective of ears closed and not caring to learn enough to sound intelligent, I have no time for you.

Tenni's statement of "Isn't the source of the problem bigotry and inequality within the US Constitution?" isn't asking a question, even though it ends in a question mark. If he was really asking a question, he would have said something like "Do you think there is any bigotry or inequalities in the US Constitution? Why yes? or Why no?". That is a discussion questions and a learning question.

What Tenni wrote is a common, thinly disguised leftist attack on this country and its founding and I am bloody well sick of this kind of crap coming from people who do not understand this country and have no desire to make an effort to learn about this country.

If you don't like us, simple solution. STAY THE FUCK AWAY! If you want to learn about us, make an effort, show that effort, and ask real questions.

All of those, were meant as the general term you, Fran, not specifically you. Sorry you came back from your vacation to an s*** storm. I hope you had a good time anyway.

I am not saying the US Constitution is perfect (obviously, it is not. It has been amended 27 times as our country has grown, learned, and matured.), but if people bothered to read the document before trashing it (it is really not that long), they would recognize the brilliance of our founding fathers to create such a document and government with so many checks and balances and to do it over 200 years ago when nothing like this existed before or was thought of before.

To make the statement Tenni did shows ignorance and laziness. Or, if not, evil intentions. I will not stand for any of those. Too many of my friends have given their lives at a young age to protect what we have.

darkeyes
Aug 7, 2012, 7:43 AM
Sorry Fran.

. As I am sure you "get your hackles up" when people insult Scotland or its founding.

Actually I don't.. I know far too much about it and know just how shitty much of our history is and will be..just how unequal my country is, Scotland or the UK, and if people wish to take a pop at it they can any time they like... I may disagree with what they say but often those from outside have a better view than we who live in a place... they see things we miss...and tenni asked a question.. he didn't make statement... it is that u should address...

If law or a constitution are such that they allow prejudice and bigotry to prosper, then they are imperfect... law and constitutions will always be imperfect because they are human created instruments.. instead of getting our hackles up it is far better to get down to making them a little less imperfect..:)

falcondfw
Aug 7, 2012, 7:52 AM
Fran,
That is the difference between our countries (one of them). We have pride in our country and most of the things we do. You do not. Scots used to be a fiercely proud people. I wish I knew what happened.

We have a lot to be proud of in this country. Who is the first country to any natural disaster? Who rebuilt the countries it conquered in WW2 and gave the people back their freedom? We also make mistakes. No one is perfect. But we do a hell of a lot more good around this world than things we screw up.

Tenni did not ask a question. I have shown you the difference between what he asked and a question.

darkeyes
Aug 7, 2012, 2:15 PM
It's the last night of me hols Falcon, and we are off to dinner soon, so I wont answer u fully right now.. I may not at all because a full reply would be far far lengthier and more considered than this rushed effort will be... but for now this is what I think in a nutshell of what you say of pride and patriotism

Most Scots have pride in country.. often arguably usually false pride of a romanticised past, often a mythological one and certainly often an extremely violent one. often because of their view that no one is like us "because they are a' deid", meaning their Scottish antecedents and their achievements in the creation of our world.. no one else. I do not share pride in country.. I have no patriotism because I am first and foremost a humanist, I am an internationalist and believe firmly that the double edged flaws of patriotism and nationalism which are encouraged by our "betters" and political masters, by our media and by the teaching of a very questionable history of our homelands and leads to delusions which have throughout history to destruction and conflict at the behest of those who would rule our lives by conning ordinary people that those of other lands are inferior and to be mistrusted... I loathe patriotism, and detest nationalism for what they have brought upon humanity and our world.. or more accurately, what their existence as concepts has brought upon our world and the ease with which the vast majority of people fall into line with those ideas at the behest of unscrupulous, greedy and cruel human beings who have no thought of good for anyone but themselves.

I love my country more than any other place on earth and will live no where else, but I am not proud of it, its history or its people, who I may add I also love very much.. I know far too much about my country, its past and its present, and I know far too much of its people. Much is to be commended but at the very least just as much is to be condemned about both people and country.. I do not buy into your concept of patriotism and its nationalist bedfellow because I find both odious and destructive... and pride blinds us to fault and makes it the ore difficult to eliminate fault...without both our world would be a far happier, contented, co-operative, prosperous, peaceful and more joyful place.

Rhevan
Aug 7, 2012, 9:47 PM
Reading this thread makes me want to "Eat Mor Chik'n". The employees at Chick-Fil-A may or may not share the CEO's views on same sex marriage, they are just doing their job in an economy where jobs are still scarce. The attack on the employee as seen in the video was just stupid. We have a lot of rights in this country and unfortunately the right to be an idiot seems to rank up there with the right to free speech.

Rhevan

æonpax
Aug 11, 2012, 12:12 AM
`
Just as an interesting side note, the guy who went through the drive in and who's vid went viral, got fired from his job for doing that -http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-08-03/news/33024328_1_viral-video-appreciation-day-free-water

BiDaveDtown
Aug 11, 2012, 12:25 AM
` Just as an interesting side note, the guy who went through the drive in and who's vid went viral, got fired from his job for doing that -http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-08-03/news/33024328_1_viral-video-appreciation-day-free-water This is very old news. I know you're slow, and that reading comprehension and writing coherent sentences are difficult for you; but try to keep up.

æonpax
Aug 11, 2012, 4:18 AM
`
Just as an interesting side note, the guy who went through the drive in and who's vid went viral, got fired from his job for doing thatt - (http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-08-03/news/33024328_1_viral-video-appreciation-day-free-water)

Reposted so the link works - http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-08-03/news/33024328_1_viral-video-appreciation-day-free-water

Brian
Aug 11, 2012, 4:19 AM
This is very old news. I know you're slow, and that reading comprehension and writing coherent sentences are difficult for you; but try to keep up. Crikey. Let's be more polite to one another please.

- Drew :paw:

BiRobb
Aug 11, 2012, 10:59 AM

I agree he is a sissy ass punk jerk... you go girl!!!! He's a big powerful CEO he should have offered them jobs for the luv of jeebus instead criticizing some poor minimum wage earning person on their personal morality while admitting in the same breath that you should keep your personal and professional life separate. He is pardon my french le grande juice arse.

And I have to agree about what you are saying there is no connection between the struggle for racial equality and the gay rights movement, as most of the racial hatred is based on the physical appearance of the individual(s) and that can not be hidden or changed to avoid discrimination. While a homosexual back in the day could live in society as a social equal and still be accepted as a homosexual in private. However I don't thing that's what Bisexual Virgin meant... he just meant that the haters are using the same type of dogma to justify their views and I don't know if that's the case either since I don't ever recall seeing or hearing about anything in the bible about that sort of thing.

BiRobb
Aug 11, 2012, 11:02 AM
This is very old news. I know you're slow, and that reading comprehension and writing coherent sentences are difficult for you; but try to keep up.
I guess haters are everywhere... sad really.

darkeyes
Aug 11, 2012, 11:39 AM
This is very old news. I know you're slow, and that reading comprehension and writing coherent sentences are difficult for you; but try to keep up.
Not everyone either lives in the US and/or knows everything Dave.. I know u are an exception but have sympathy for those of us who aren't quite so perfect...