PDA

View Full Version : How's your Summer/Winter going?

æonpax
Jul 31, 2012, 5:13 PM
For starters, you will note that for our English speaking friends south of the equator, it is winter while where I live, north of the equator, it is summer.

Now speaking of equatorial; Wisconsin where I live, it is a lot warmer than usual which if not for the lack of rain, would be ideal. With summer (or winter) being two thirds over I thought this may be an ideal non-topic.

To put it in an ambiguous way, it's been busy and interesting enough for me. I have no complaints, nothing major....depending on how you look at it. I'm not pregnant, and yes; perhaps I will marry her....then again, maybe not. We'll see.

y el tuyo?

http://i.imgur.com/RYQAA.jpg?1

Gearbox
Jul 31, 2012, 7:49 PM
Well here in Wales UK we get Summer for about 3 weeks a year (if lucky), so we really can't afford NOT to have a sunny disposition. If your unfortunate enough to suffer from S.A.D. your quite royally fu**ed for the other 49 weeks!
Apparently it's still officially Summertime, but our seasons don't care about official stuff.:rolleyes:

This Summer I came out to a job seekers assistant who almost flooded her draws with excitement, as she could finally click the 'Bisexual' option on her laptop. After all those years of having to click 'Heterosexual' and 'Lesbian', it must have been quite a moment for her.
So when the council phoned me up while at a bus-top to fill in a questionnaire about council consumer satisfaction, which for some reason led to religion and sexuality AGAIN, I came out to him too.
Oh dear me he got quite excited. So much so that I had to repeat it 3 times (while getting on a bus) just so he could make the HUGE decision of unclicking the pre-emptive 'Heterosexual' box, and click the 'Bisexual' one instead.

So 2 small steps there. I didn't get to have sex in the woods as planned, but I've got my thermals on standby just in case.:rolleyes:

jarhead
Jul 31, 2012, 8:17 PM
So far the best summer of my life. Spending lots of time with my two older sons, as this will be the last summer of their youth. This time next year, they will be at Parris Island, S.C. going through Marine Corps boot camp.

pepperjack
Aug 1, 2012, 1:29 AM
2nd summer of a wearisome, intense heatwave & drought ( a paper I read today said it's the worst for our region in over 50 years ). Maybe there's something to global warming? Winter of 2011/12 was one of the mildest experienced in years. Nevertheless, I always love summer; use AC only when expecting company, for their benefit. And I never tire of all the scantily clad sexy ladies.:smilies15

darkeyes
Aug 1, 2012, 3:27 AM
Great now we're not at home tyvm!:bigrin:

æonpax
Aug 1, 2012, 1:14 PM
Well here in Wales UK we get Summer for about 3 weeks a year (if lucky), so we really can't afford NOT to have a sunny disposition. If your unfortunate enough to suffer from S.A.D. your quite royally fu**ed for the other 49 weeks!

Apparently it's still officially Summertime, but our seasons don't care about official stuff.:rolleyes:

This Summer I came out to a job seekers assistant who almost flooded her draws with excitement, as she could finally click the 'Bisexual' option on her laptop. After all those years of having to click 'Heterosexual' and 'Lesbian', it must have been quite a moment for her.
So when the council phoned me up while at a bus-top to fill in a questionnaire about council consumer satisfaction, which for some reason led to religion and sexuality AGAIN, I came out to him too.
Oh dear me he got quite excited. So much so that I had to repeat it 3 times (while getting on a bus) just so he could make the HUGE decision of unclicking the pre-emptive 'Heterosexual' box, and click the 'Bisexual' one instead.

So 2 small steps there. I didn't get to have sex in the woods as planned, but I've got my thermals on standby just in case.:rolleyes:

Just curious but, has the Olympics impacted you in any way, this summer?

Gearbox
Aug 1, 2012, 2:12 PM
No. Absolutely not in any way shape or form at all. But I'm the worse person to ask, as I don't watch TV and am a long way from London.:)

tenni
Aug 2, 2012, 12:43 AM
Summer has been great in some respects. I was in Britain in June for the first time in a long time. It was wet and cool(18oC or 63oF was a high) but the people were great. I saw some kewl exhibitions and natural areas. I left London with a balmy 19oC or 66oF to arrive home to 35oC or 95oF with tons of humidity(I live on the Great Lakes and we are huuummmid both summer sticky and winter bone chilling cold). 35oC is very hot where I live. It was like walking through a hot bath with the warm moist air engulfing you. It has been dry rain wise .but not a drought like some parts of the US and our praries.

When I got back I was offered a job that no one had been doing for over a year in the arts community. I've been busy. I also travelled up north (seven hour drive ) to do a preliminary check out a gallery that I'm exhibiting during this October to December. I stayed at an artist's log house property on a small lake. I got to sleep in a boat house with a bed twelve feet off the ground. It is kewl. Here is a picture of part of the thing to lift the boat out of the water as the sun had just come up..thus mist on the lake. I videotaped a loon and will probably use it in my exhibition.

The last picture is shot from up in the Tait Modern as people lined up to get in. I saw the Damien Hirst exhibit there.

darkeyes
Aug 2, 2012, 4:46 AM
No. Absolutely not in any way shape or form at all. But I'm the worse person to ask, as I don't watch TV and am a long way from London.:)
Me an all Gear.. tho me mum emailed 2 tell me the Tories are all of a twitter an' in a right tizzy bout the opening ceremony an' puttin' a brave face on it... am told Danny boy hasn't haff upset a few of them cos it's overtly political... didn't c it but will have lil look c when I get home since she recorded it.. wot fun...

...almost done here:(.. have had a ball. we are all gobsmacked about this part of the world and Vancouver is just as frantabulous...even seen a lotta sun so we did get in some skinny dippin'!! Rain an' all tho warmer than at home.. but we have had a lotta sun... am like a lil brown berry as we shud b by end of our hols...b in Amsterdam Sat. nice long weekend ther.. kids have never seen Amsterdam so a lil stopover 2 adjust the body clock and remind me of old times... tee hee.. no wildness tho.. responsible Fran... then alas... its back 2 work Thurs... sigh.... just wer has the summer gone? But no matter.. it's festival time at home... may be back at work but Edinburgh will be buzzin' as it always is in August... sigh.. am feelin' homesick now... mark my words, Gear.. the day Fran goes back to work we will have wall to wall sunshine for weeks after!!! Sod's law!!!

Paddarick69
Aug 2, 2012, 7:30 AM
heat, sweat, humidity and heat, old cat passes, new kitten adopted, tropical monsoons, really really hot, never quite enough money, the heat, THE MIAMI HEAT, rain, oh and it's fucking hot outside

void()
Aug 2, 2012, 7:59 AM
Survived ten days without power. This was due to what some folks call a pop up storm. It was a low class gale over dry land which came on wholly unexpected. There was rain, wind, hail, lightning, thunder, wind. The sky remained dark for about three hours, a dark I had not seen from a sky. After three hours of torrent it stopped. We had no power. Many in WV were without. There were areas where the line men had to climb deer trails in to down power line/s. Some places they had to climb trees in order to see where they were. Had an ice storm have a similar effect about ten years ago. It was just me and my wife here then, and power was only off a week. Aside from that, humid, hot and uneventful.

Canny
Aug 2, 2012, 6:13 PM
Travelling across western canada working on the railways. It's really, really hot outside.

well hot for canada anyway

goldenfinger
Aug 3, 2012, 3:15 AM
Winter here right now, freezing cold at night, max 15deg in the daytime.

Katja
Aug 4, 2012, 8:32 AM
Very grey, extremely damp and very cool with takings down which for a business which relies so much on visitors spending is not good. It is also hampering Minge in his daily search for live treats which is more than can be said for the slugs and snails in my garden who have had a very prolific breeding season.

æonpax
Aug 4, 2012, 12:39 PM
At the moment, I'm poolside, outdoors...at home. It's a standard indoor/outdoor lap pool. Approximately 25 mm in length and 4 laps wide. Two-thirds glass enclosed. Expensive to maintain which is why I either rent it out to a party camping here or to a private group. Any profit I get here, I invest in keeping it running during the winter.

People have no idea how surreal it feels swimming at 12 midnight, naked, alone, few lights...watching a blizzard lash out at you, caking the glass full of snow, while you...float serenely in relative warmth.

FYI:
`

http://i.imgur.com/OsylM.jpg

void()
Aug 4, 2012, 7:18 PM
At the moment, I'm poolside, outdoors...at home. It's a standard indoor/outdoor lap pool. Approximately 25 mm in length and 4 laps wide. Two-thirds glass enclosed. Expensive to maintain which is why I either rent it out to a party camping here or to a private group. Any profit I get here, I invest in keeping it running during the winter.

People have no idea how surreal it feels swimming at 12 midnight, naked, alone, few lights...watching a blizzard lash out at you, caking the glass full of snow, while you...float serenely in relative warmth.

FYI:
`

Jim's Auto body near by on county road P?

pepperjack
Aug 4, 2012, 9:16 PM

FYI:
`

Thanks for the erotic, sensual imagery as the heat wave here in the mid-west is finally dissipating.I used to swim laps after my shift in the natatorium of a sports complex within the university where I worked; I can relate. Sometimes, I would allow in a female lifeguard who wanted to swim after hours, just to watch of course.:smilies15

Katja
Aug 5, 2012, 10:21 AM
Yet another day of grey skies, pouring rain and for the second successive day, thunderstorms. It is not warm neither can it be said to be cold, but it can be said to be both wearing and depressing. To cap it all someone broke into my car this morning and stole my father's birthday present. Partly my own fault for not having it in the boot, but a very brave person going out in all that. He will have to be brave should I catch him wearing what is a very distinctive and unique linen jacket made especially for my Papa by a friend at considerable expense.