PDA

View Full Version : My planned lurking only lasted a day lol.

bornintoit
Jun 18, 2006, 3:21 PM
How to start this...hmmmmm. I never planned on joining this site, I have been on various bisexual sites and lurked my through through them for weeks maybe months but never joined. It's been said already but most just seemed to be a hook up place to get a quickie and there wasn't a real sense of a community.

Then theres this place. One day I lurked and now im a member lol.

Introduction....My name is Dawn but people call me Dee Dee. I'm 20 years old and from the Midlands, England not Southern Great Britain but there wasn't an option for the Midlands. Currently studying Film, TV and Theatre Studies at the University of Derby. Been bisexual since I was 15 but only came to terms with it the last couple of years. I'm pretty much out to my friends, my mother, my cousin and anyone else who is interested lol.

Hope to get to know you all soon and can't wait to get replying to all the threads.

Dee Dee x

:flag2: :flag1: :female:

Emma7669
Jun 18, 2006, 3:41 PM
Welcome to the site, I hope it fulfills your needs, as it has mine.

Marie

wildangel
Jun 18, 2006, 3:46 PM
WELCOME!!

I'll admit I didn't plan on joining either, but everyone hear really grows on you quickly. :bigrin: I've been here a couple of months now and I love it!

Hope you love it here as much as we all do! Be sure to drop into chat soon to introduce yourself formally.

littlerayofsunshine
Jun 18, 2006, 3:55 PM
welcome Dee Dee. Glad to have another woman amongst the masses. Hope that you find this site friendly as I have. Everyone here is great for advice and support and friendship.

wildangel
Jun 18, 2006, 4:04 PM
welcome Dee Dee. Glad to have another woman amongst the masses. Hope that you find this site friendly as I have. Everyone here is great for advice and support and friendship.

Now that you mention it, Sunshine, there are quite a few more men here than women. At least as far as being on at least some what frequently.

We need to get more ladies here!

glantern954
Jun 18, 2006, 4:29 PM
Welcome aboard Dee Dee!

bounce85
Jun 18, 2006, 5:06 PM
I signed up quite a while ago and I've just been reading the forums, which have been REALLY helpful, without adding anything. But it seems like you guys are having fun so I've decided to add my 2 cents more often!

Mrs.F
Jun 18, 2006, 5:21 PM
Well, to tell you all the truth...I never knew anything like this existed. My husband who is bi had joined this site some time ago. I found out he was bi just a few months ago and joined here just to read and learn anything I could to help me understand his feelings. What I got from this place was much more than that. I have met some very wonderful people, made many close friends and ONE VERY special friend!! Who without him I would not be where I am today...more complete! :bigrin: I litterally thank the stars above daily for this place.
I am so glad you visited and joined. You will love it here!

Mrs.F :)

canuckotter
Jun 18, 2006, 5:33 PM
I read I think five posts before signing up and responding to a thread... lol :tong: Such fabulous people on here, it's my new favourite place on the internet.

arana
Jun 18, 2006, 5:36 PM
Welcome to the group Dee Dee! :bounce: So glad you felt comfortable enough to join us.

Itsjustme14
Jun 18, 2006, 6:15 PM
Welcome to the family, Dee Dee. I am sure you will find, as I did, not only a sense of community, but a sense of family, people you will love and hate, and will be the first ones you'll want to share the good news and the bad news with--and many of whom you will never know what their real names are or what their faces look like. You will though, have seen the most important part of these wonderful people--their hearts, minds and souls.

Once again, welcome home.

allbimyself
Jun 18, 2006, 6:18 PM
OMG! You can see my soul? Really? Where is it?

littlerayofsunshine
Jun 18, 2006, 6:58 PM
Now that you mention it, Sunshine, there are quite a few more men here than women. At least as far as being on at least some what frequently.

We need to get more ladies here!

I thought about putting an advertisement of sorts in a free local newspaper, just to let people know there is a community like this for them. Just didn't know if it went against some sort of guideline. I am going to put the link up on my blog though. Hopefully it will steer some more women here. Women are much more apprehensive about such things I find.

wildangel
Jun 18, 2006, 9:24 PM
I thought about putting an advertisement of sorts in a free local newspaper, just to let people know there is a community like this for them. Just didn't know if it went against some sort of guideline. I am going to put the link up on my blog though. Hopefully it will steer some more women here. Women are much more apprehensive about such things I find.

I wish I was more out so I could do that. I just don't feel comfortable enough with my family knowing (very Republican people) to advertise it more than to the people I know respect my decision and my right to choose.

But hey, all of you fantastically brave people that are out: bring us some bisexual women! I know we're not the only ones. :wiggle2: :wiggle2: And I know the guys would appreciate more gals too!

biecnal
Jun 18, 2006, 11:31 PM
Welcome! :bibounce:

The people here are great, and the forums are amazing! Real communication about interesting topics.

Enjoy!

Lance :flag1:

CountryLover
Jun 19, 2006, 12:10 AM
It's my home on the net also. Y'all have shown me such a loving community here, I'm proud to be bisexual. I'm glad you could join us DeeDee, and hope you will feel as welcomed as I have since I joined.

codybear3
Jun 19, 2006, 12:19 AM
Welcome Dee Dee...Real cool people here... :paw: :paw:

koda26
Jun 19, 2006, 12:35 AM
Welcome Dee Dee

And as someone who has been lurking, but won't anymore, let me say that this site has continued to be one of the things that gets me through my week. You can't help but feeling like you are a part of some bigger family.

onewhocares
Jun 19, 2006, 1:21 AM
Hello Dee Dee,

Just wanted to welcome you to this site. We found it by accident and it was the best thing that ever happened to us. We have been married for twenty years, my hubby is bi and I wanted to be more understanding and open to what his wants and desires are. What I, like Country Lover, and like so so many others( Dan) found a place of belonging where friendship are key. There are wonderful people whom you can meet- trust me, I have had the pleasure of meeting so many of them. Most of all though, it has made me feel like I am not alone, that I have a place to come, even as a straight woman. So welcome from me...Belle

bornintoit
Jun 19, 2006, 5:21 AM
Wow! Thank you all for all your lovely replies! I feel very welcome already!

I thought about putting an advertisement of sorts in a free local newspaper, just to let people know there is a community like this for them.

Yeh it would be awesome if more people knew about this site. I'm sure the folks at the University magazine would be happy to print an advertisement so to speak for it. I know a few other bi's at University so it would be useful for them and no doubt countless others who aren't as open as I am to come to a place where they can openly discuss their sexuality.

Dee Dee x

:flag1: :female:

meteast chick
Jun 19, 2006, 12:00 PM
WELCOME DEE DEE aka DAWN!!!
This site is certainly different and better in my opinion than those set up for the quick hook-up.
Be yourself, post often and chat easily, that's my advice!

Take care,
luv and kisses,
xoxoxoxo
meteast

:bibounce:

twodelta
Jun 20, 2006, 2:26 AM
I read I think five posts before signing up and responding to a thread... lol :tong: Such fabulous people on here, it's my new favourite place on the internet.

I second the above! Welcome to the comunity DeeDee! This is one place where You can feel completely comfortable speaking Your mind - Dave