PDA

View Full Version : I'm in love with a dead bi british prince: Please read...(Sigh)

Ebonybifemme7
Jul 21, 2012, 4:59 PM
Shoulda titled it dead bi british duke, my bad...anywho:

I've been reading a lot about 20th century royalty, mostly in Europe, but I want to do more research on royalty period. I'm so fascinated by royalty, how things work, the drama, the romances, the family divisions, the sex!!!!! My coworker and I was having a good convo about royalty last night, and I was telling her about the house of Windsor in the early 20th century (right around World War I and World World II). There was this one Prince who was the son of King George V and his Queen consort Queen Mary. He was their fourth son, and he was a naval pilot. He died in a plane crash when he was 39 :(. There are some conspiracy theories that he killed because of his well known sexual orientation. He was arrested for cross dressing in the 20's. Imagine if Prince Harry was arrested for cross dressing, that would be huge!!! Well he had affairs with men and women before and AFTER he was married. I wonder if he was living today would he openly admit to being bisexual or would he stay in the closet? Or would he just come out as gay an exclusively date and have a serious relationship with a man. Here's a little more of his story here:
http://users.rcn.com/wswift/art/GEORGE1.jpg

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2009/9/21/1253550161237/George-Duke-of-Kent-001.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/12/26/article-0-05BD8D730000044D-713_233x383.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_George,_Duke_of_Kent

Brian
Jul 21, 2012, 6:48 PM
Fascinating stuff. Thanks for sharing.

- Drew :paw:

Ebonybifemme7
Jul 21, 2012, 6:55 PM
Fascinating stuff. Thanks for sharing.

- Drew :paw:

Thanks drew. I read that he had a threesome with an Argentine Prince and a woman and there's a rumor that he has illegitimate children. There was probably more sexual freedom back then since sex was much safer. He had an interracial affair with an african american singer named Florence Mills, which was VERY TABOO during the 1920's. He had various affairs with other royality, princess, princes, etc:

Both before and after his marriage, Prince George had a string of affairs with both men and women, from socialites to Hollywood celebrities. The better known of his lovers included the black cabaret singer Florence Mills (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florence_Mills); banking heiress Poppy Baring; socialite Margaret Whigham (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret,_Duchess_of_Argyll) (later Duchess of Argyll and involved in a notoriously scandalous divorce case); Barbara Cartland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Cartland), later known as a romantic novelist;[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_George,_Duke_of_Kent#cite_note-dailymail.co.uk-7) and musical star Jessie Matthews (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessie_Matthews). Claims that he had a 19-year affair with Noël Coward (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No%C3%ABl_Coward)[9] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_George,_Duke_of_Kent#cite_note-8) were denied by Coward's long-term boyfriend,Graham Payn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Payn).[10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_George,_Duke_of_Kent#cite_note-9) Intimate letters from the Duke to Coward are believed to have been stolen from Coward's house in 1942.[11] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_George,_Duke_of_Kent#cite_note-10) There is some suggestion that the duke had an affair with Indira Raje (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indira_Raje), the Maharani (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maharani) of Cooch Behar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooch_Behar) (1892–1968), in the late 1920s, according to British historian Lucy Moore (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_Moore).[12] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_George,_Duke_of_Kent#cite_note-11) He was also extremely close toHenry "Chips" Channon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Channon).

Bicuriousity
Jul 21, 2012, 7:16 PM
I love history. Fascinating thread. He looks pretty handsome IMO as well! Thanks for posting this!

bifemme
Jul 22, 2012, 5:08 AM
Awesome!!!! I love reading stuff like this. He's very handsome.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was planned(the murder). A bisexual Royal who occasionally crossdress and it became public ? Yeah...no surprised there.

Gearbox
Jul 22, 2012, 7:34 AM
In an ideal world, a royal family could be used to example diversity amongst it's populace. Not BS everyone that bi's, gays, lesbians, CD's, Trans don't exist in the 'upper class' and they are somehow untouched by 'that kind of thing'.
Once, JUST ONCE I'd like to watch the Queens (:bowdown:) Christmas speech about how silly it is deny who you (subjects) are, and how it's necessary to embrace it. Maybe this Christmas Her Majesty will announce Prince Williams coming out party and that all eligible gentleman are invited to the ball. Now THAT would keep us awake!lol

Ebonybifemme7
Jul 29, 2012, 9:25 AM
In an ideal world, a royal family could be used to example diversity amongst it's populace. Not BS everyone that bi's, gays, lesbians, CD's, Trans don't exist in the 'upper class' and they are somehow untouched by 'that kind of thing'.
Once, JUST ONCE I'd like to watch the Queens (:bowdown:) Christmas speech about how silly it is deny who you (subjects) are, and how it's necessary to embrace it. Maybe this Christmas Her Majesty will announce Prince Williams coming out party and that all eligible gentleman are invited to the ball. Now THAT would keep us awake!lol

At Gearbox, Maybe so LOL.

darkeyes
Jul 30, 2012, 11:49 AM
Maybe Gear, when our Royals ( and most others.. a few Royal families are a lot less snobby and a lot more humble) are brought down to earth and become just private citizens like everyone else, with no titles and no inherited pretentions to being better than the rest of us, Blackgirl and others like her may find that the object of her desire or at least one like him may actually reciprocate her feelings in a way which is other than contemptuous of her origin .. certainly when her prince was alive, other than as a distraction and a bit of illicit fun, he and others like him would not entertain her or any other like her other than as a bit of stuff to be used and cast aside as less than nothing once his lust had been sated,

pepperjack
Jul 30, 2012, 12:09 PM
Maybe Gear, when our Royals ( and most others.. a few Royal families are a lot less snobby and a lot more humble) are brought down to earth and become just private citizens like everyone else, with no titles and no inherited pretentions to being better than the rest of us, Blackgirl and others like her may find that the object of her desire or at least one like him may actually reciprocate her feelings in a way which is other than contemptuous of her origin .. certainly when her prince was alive, other than as a distraction and a bit of illicit fun, he and others like him would not entertain her or any other like her other than as a bit of stuff to be used and cast aside as less than nothing once his lust had been sated,

I like your brutal honesty, Dark; it's very timely for me and coincides with Blugirl's blog about rejection.

darkeyes
Jul 30, 2012, 1:06 PM
I like your brutal honesty, Dark; it's very timely for me and coincides with Blugirl's blog about rejection.
I have no illusions about the primary purpose of the British royal family pepper.. they exist to keep us in line, to continue class divisions and the privileges of a few. and keep the rest of us cowed before our betters.. my little country will never become a modern egalitarian society until the things they represent are removed by their absence from any vestige of power and influence... and that can only mean becoming a republic and having them and their kind despatched into civilian life as private citizens.. and the sooner those Commonwealth countries who still have the British monarch as Head of State do the same the better they will be for it...:).

Gearbox
Jul 30, 2012, 1:17 PM
Come along now Fran! Our lovely Edward V111 gave up the throne to marry an American lady. So Blackgirl1983 is still in with a chance there.
We'd better start practising our bows and curtsies at her.:bowdown:
(we must remember to keep our tongues in as we do that! Or maybe not? Orders are orders!:oh:)

pepperjack
Jul 30, 2012, 2:09 PM
I have no illusions about the primary purpose of the British royal family pepper.. they exist to keep us in line, to continue class divisions and the privileges of a few. and keep the rest of us cowed before our betters.. my little country will never become a modern egalitarian society until the things they represent are removed by their absence from any vestige of power and influence... and that can only mean becoming a republic and having them and their kind despatched into civilian life as private citizens.. and the sooner those Commonwealth countries who still have the British monarch as Head of State do the same the better they will be for it...:).

Can't help but think of Braveheart once again; I know, it's been distorted, romanticized by Hollywood; nevertheless, the story gets to me.

Paddarick69
Jul 30, 2012, 2:42 PM
I'd have fallen completely for Charles II or Castlereagh or Pitt The Younger or Arthur Balfour and if that makes me a Tory so be it! heh

darkeyes
Jul 30, 2012, 4:34 PM
Come along now Fran! Our lovely Edward V111 gave up the throne to marry an American lady. So Blackgirl1983 is still in with a chance there.
We'd better start practising our bows and curtsies at her.:bowdown:
(we must remember to keep our tongues in as we do that! Or maybe not? Orders are orders!:oh:)
When at high school, Gear, I was prevented from taking part in a Revue when I made it clear I could not and would not curtsey to Princess Anne and her hubbie.. so learning to curtsey is not.something I particularly need to know... although It is something I learned for Scottish Country Dancing when I was about 9. *laughs*

..and Wallis Simpson and Ned VIII are hardly typical and a great example considering what happened to both when the establishment closed ranks on them... .

Gearbox
Jul 30, 2012, 5:18 PM
Fran, you have gumption (I love the American version of that word: "Spunk".LOL) ....yes your full of gumption.:tongue:
I try to instil that in my daughter, to not be a sheep. Don't you ever change Fran! Don't you bloody dare!

Prince Charles came to visit a footbridge in my town a while back. I couldn't be arsed to go see him. My auntie (God rest her soul) was there though. She told a guard that he could have made a better effort dressing himself.lol She was ushered away by the CID.:bigrin: Oh she was a major threat to the monarchy!
I'd be just as happy as any Scots when it all just buggers off! If the Queen was wise, she'd do what Dolly Parton did, and open a theme park while she's got the chance IMO.

Realist
Jul 30, 2012, 8:54 PM
Gear and Miss Darkeyes are obvious revolutionaries, who wrecked BG's thread!

Here she was, so in enamored and on a lovely trip of conjecture...until you two malcontents ruined everything!

mariersa
Jul 30, 2012, 9:21 PM
OMG hahaha criticising a Scot and Irishman about the Royalty loyalty? How's brother Vasco or Christophero. Actually I'm not a fan of it, but who are you to criticise what they assume/take for granted etc. If you want to help pay their individual tax bill? I'm waiting your reply and those 2 are sending deposit tickets to bank accounts. Remember, I believe the vast majority throughout the Homeland and Dominions actually "like" all the pomp and BS. I wonder why it is, whenever a Royal event takes place, the greatest viewing audience is the USA. Your problem is you want
to make Kate another Diana, forget it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ebonybifemme7
Jul 31, 2012, 8:26 AM
I read about Wallis Simpson and Edward VIII...I heard that there is a possibility that Edward VIII may have been bisexual or homosexual, and that him and Wallis had some sort of weird sexual arrangement. There is also a rumor that Wallis may have been a man :eek2:

Ebonybifemme7
Jul 31, 2012, 8:28 AM

Yeah I think Scotland will get their freedom in our lifetime.

Ebonybifemme7
Jul 31, 2012, 8:29 AM

Here she was, so in enamored and on a lovely trip of conjecture...until you two malcontents ruined everything!

Its okay I love a debate! LOL.

Gearbox
Jul 31, 2012, 9:49 AM

Sorry! Didn't mean to ruin the image for anybody.
But as Mariersa points out Fran and I shouldn't really poke our noses in if it's about image. I know people who has worked for royalty, and met another this week. I couldn't divulge what I'm told, but don't be fooled with image! Monarchy is as insidious as any government, if not more so. Those within it are victims of it themselves, so it's not a personal attack at a group, but a defiance that that group exists as it is, and what it stands for. Ok perhaps that makes us dissidents.:oh:

I read about Wallis Simpson and Edward VIII...I heard that there is a possibility that Edward VIII may have been bisexual or homosexual, and that him and Wallis had some sort of weird sexual arrangement. There is also a rumor that Wallis may have been a man :eek2:
LOL! I doubt most rumours are true, but wouldn't be a bit surprised if they were.
Sorry for slurring the monarchy, but please understand that it's not that certain members are not respected or even loved etc. I admire Princess Anne a great deal, and those who have stood up to it. That takes real guts.:bowdown:

darkeyes
Jul 31, 2012, 12:02 PM
I don't think the OP is too fussed Gear do u? She knows the reality of royal romances... nowt wrong with the attraction... used 2 fancy Zara mesel... met her 1ce 2 at a rugby match at Murrayfield with me ex hubbie (and no curstey required)... when I say met we were introduced by a mutual aquaintance... she sed "hello, Nice to meet you. How are you." I said "Terrific ta. How's u?" and me mother in law just about died of shame!!! Hubbie looked a bit odd 2 but she took it pretty well this common familiarity of mine... these wer the days Fran wos in the nob set, Gear. u may have read of that time of me life elsewhere just recently.... tee hee.. *blushes wiv extreme embarrassment*:eek2: She was a good looker then. but am afraid her time with gee gees is slowly takin' its toll an she is morphing into her Mum....... anyway she tootled off and I ended up with a bit of a squabble with hubbies mum... 1 of many..

.. but ur right.. monarchy is insidious and it's about time it disappeared.. put Liz and Phil out 2 grass and let the rest earn their way in the world (as many do.. tho having had the helping hand of wealth privilege to get them to where they are...) turn the Royal Palaces into flats for the homeless and a myriad of other much more constructive things... nowt wrong with fancying peeps whoever they are... when I fancied Zara she was cute.. but at least she was alive.. ;) Soz Blackgirl.. couldn't resist that lil quip.. tee hee:bigrin:

blugirl789
Jul 31, 2012, 4:33 PM
i feel your pain girl. lol. i'm smitten with a dead philospher from 200 years ago. he knows my heart! his words from centuries ago, from across the world, are so valid to me.

æonpax
Jul 31, 2012, 5:30 PM
I've always had this thing about Gregory Peck. Pretty weird.

Ebonybifemme7
Jul 31, 2012, 7:07 PM
I don't think the OP is too fussed Gear do u? She knows the reality of royal romances... nowt wrong with the attraction... used 2 fancy Zara mesel... met her 1ce 2 at a rugby match at Murrayfield with me ex hubbie (and no curstey required)... when I say met we were introduced by a mutual aquaintance... she sed "hello, Nice to meet you. How are you." I said "Terrific ta. How's u?" and me mother in law just about died of shame!!! Hubbie looked a bit odd 2 but she took it pretty well this common familiarity of mine... these wer the days Fran wos in the nob set, Gear. u may have read of that time of me life elsewhere just recently.... tee hee.. *blushes wiv extreme embarrassment*:eek2: She was a good looker then. but am afraid her time with gee gees is slowly takin' its toll an she is morphing into her Mum....... anyway she tootled off and I ended up with a bit of a squabble with hubbies mum... 1 of many..

.. but ur right.. monarchy is insidious and it's about time it disappeared.. put Liz and Phil out 2 grass and let the rest earn their way in the world (as many do.. tho having had the helping hand of wealth privilege to get them to where they are...) turn the Royal Palaces into flats for the homeless and a myriad of other much more constructive things... nowt wrong with fancying peeps whoever they are... when I fancied Zara she was cute.. but at least she was alive.. ;) Soz Blackgirl.. couldn't resist that lil quip.. tee hee:bigrin:

You know, one day I think that is gonna happen. I got a question: why is it that most of the royal houses in Europe have been abolished, discontinued, while the royalty in Britain has stood the test of time? But I don't think Elizabeth and Phillp will live to see the house of Windsor be abolished.

Ebonybifemme7
Jul 31, 2012, 7:10 PM
I've always had this thing about Gregory Peck. Pretty weird.

I'm always falling in love with a dead person. Your not the only one.

Ebonybifemme7
Jul 31, 2012, 7:11 PM
i feel your pain girl. lol. i'm smitten with a dead philospher from 200 years ago. he knows my heart! his words from centuries ago, from across the world, are so valid to me.

darkeyes
Aug 1, 2012, 3:59 AM
You know, one day I think that is gonna happen. I got a question: why is it that most of the royal houses in Europe have been abolished, discontinued, while the royalty in Britain has stood the test of time? But I don't think Elizabeth and Phillp will live to see the house of Windsor be abolished.
Two wars have much to do with that Blackgirl hun... most royal houses fell after WW1 and one or two others, mosr notably Italy as a result of WW2... although in northern Europe there remain a goodly number of monarchies as yet particularly in countries which had a democratic tradition... it is much more complex than that. but generally speaking countries with a democratic tradition and more progressive social policies have lasted, and their monarchies have adapted to changing circumstances. Apart from the UK, monarchies still exist in Spain. Lichtenstein, Monte Carlo, Holland, Belgium, Denmark, Norway and Sweden... some have lasted, as in the case of my own country because it is so steeped in the psyche of the people.

Government, institutions, business and the media particularly drip feed monarchy to the people just as they drip feed the cult of personality to the people here and in other countries.. in fact they are a apart of the cult of personality in the UK...there is a feeling of subservience in many British people towards their "betters" that is slowly disappearing but it remains among many.. those of us who believe in another, what we believe is a better way are made almost to feel traitors for daring to suggest we have no need of monarchy and its trappings. Monarchy in a nation which believes itself to be democratic is an anachronism and until such times as a nation eliminates that anachronism, it cannot consider itself truly democratic.

You are right, and the day will come when the UK becomes a republic of that I am convinced.. should Scotland ever withdraw from the union (something I do not support and do not believe will happen) it is possible indeed more likely that Scotland will, sooner rather than later become a republic, but conversely this is likely to delay any abolition for the rest of the UK. Liz and Phil will see it out ok, and a coronation after her death will give it yet another boost in the ratings which will see it last a little longer, and it will be a greater boost if it is Willy rather than Chuck who takes the throne... if something ever happens to Wills and any issue he and Kate may have this may well cause some kind of constitutional crisis which may even hasten the end of monarchy but about that I will not expand... whatever happens, monarchy will have an ever greater struggle to justify itself in the eyes of the people and I fully expect it to disappear sometime in this century.

12voltman59
Aug 1, 2012, 12:26 PM
An interesting thread--thanks BG!

Ebonybifemme7
Aug 3, 2012, 10:13 AM
An interesting thread--thanks BG!

Your welcome.

Katja
Aug 4, 2012, 8:51 PM
7450My Grandmother is a very formidable old woman of ethnic Russian origin born in the Ukraine. Her bedroom is a shrine to the Romanov family and when a very young child I fell in love with the Grand Duchess Anastasia whose image was and is in many of the old photographs which fill the room. I was much too young for it to have been sexual, but I have carried that image in my mind ever since I can remember.

pepperjack
Aug 4, 2012, 9:43 PM

Don't you mean infatuated?

dafydd
Aug 4, 2012, 9:58 PM
Prince Harry did once infamously dress up as a Nazi, and he came within an inch of being dragged away from the palace by an outraged public baying for blood. conversely, if he did come out as a cross dresser, hed be adored and embraced by the British nation and an instant poster boy for the modern 'Kate&Wills' royal revolution. Aeonpax: im undecided as to whether this post conforms to Godwins Law or not.

Realist
Aug 4, 2012, 10:12 PM
BG wrote: " I'm always falling in love with a dead person. Your not the only one."

Don't know why, but that tickled me.....That's certainly one way to be the boss of a relationship!

(Sick, I know...I'm gonna try to be nicer)

pepperjack
Aug 4, 2012, 11:12 PM
BG wrote: " I'm always falling in love with a dead person. Your not the only one."

Don't know why, but that tickled me.....That's certainly one way to be the boss of a relationship!

(Sick, I know...I'm gonna try to be nicer)

Amusing but not as dark humored & sick as a recent episode of Criminal Minds I watched where a necrophiliac was hauled in for questioning & defiantly challenged the team with, " Do you think I'm the only guy in town who likes to crack open a cold one?":yikes2:

Katja
Aug 5, 2012, 9:05 AM
Don't you mean infatuated?
Infatuation is but a kind of love is it not? Normally of a harmless kind but occasionally it becomes obsessive. I admit to obsession with Anastasia until I was 10, then found a boy in whom I could express a more appropriate puppy love and obsession quickly paled into mild interest and sadness about her fate. The image comes into my mind often and still brings a mixture of pleasure and sadness.

Paddarick69
Aug 5, 2012, 9:20 AM
fascinating, Katja

hmm, The Who sang of something similar, albeit in a more prurient vein, in the song "Pictures of Lily"