PDA

View Full Version : Ernest Borgnine: Dead at 95... RIP Marty

DuckiesDarling
Jul 8, 2012, 6:16 PM
I have seen a lot of the old classic stars leaving us lately but here is one I truly did watch most of my life. Started out watching him in some old bw films, sitcoms like McHale's Navy and of course, Marty, then he even went on to star as Dominic Santini in Airwolf, one of my fave shows from the 80s. He had so much character and so much class and just a great deal of charisma and it all combined to make a wonderfully believable actor in whatever role he chose to play.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/08/showbiz/obit-borgnine/index.html

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jul 8, 2012, 7:13 PM
Yep yep, but at least he lived to a grand age, and was much beloved in Many shows..:}
RIP Hon. Join the rest of the stars in the heavens tonight.
Sad Cat

Timmie
Jul 8, 2012, 8:21 PM
miss those days on mc cales island. rip commander, if you c virgil give him a kiss for me

Realist
Jul 8, 2012, 10:08 PM
So long, Ernie!

I think the movie "Marty" was more like his true persona. But, if anyone had seen "Emperor of the North", or "Bad Day at Black Rock", they might think he was a real bad ass!

Of course, those were just parts he played and, if anyone had seen him on talk shows, or listened to his friends, you'd know he was probably a fine fellow.

I'd like to think he was, anyway.

jarhead
Jul 8, 2012, 10:22 PM
So long, Ernie!

I think the movie "Marty" was more like his true persona. But, if anyone had seen "Emperor of the North", or "Bad Day at Black Rock", they might think he was a real bad ass!

Of course, those were just parts he played and, if anyone had seen him on talk shows, or listened to his friends, you'd know he was probably a fine fellow.

I'd like to think he was, anyway.

his charactre (Fatso Judson) beat Frank Sinatra to death in From Here To Eternity. Bad ass. lol

whitehawk
Jul 9, 2012, 12:34 AM
Even recently he is known by a new generation in his acting, he is the voice for Mermaid Man in Spongebob cartoons, Barnacle Boy is voiced by Tim Conway

12voltman59
Jul 9, 2012, 5:54 PM
We seem to be losing the last members of his generation rather quickly now---sad to see them all go. "They don't make' 'em like they used to" is a phrase that surely applies to those like Ernie Borgnine and so many others.