PDA

View Full Version : Pastor's sexuality {bisexual} splits Missouri church softball league

æonpax
May 16, 2012, 3:06 PM
The sexual orientation of a new pastor in a Missouri church softball league has put his team on the bench.
Rev. James Semmelroth Darnell, the 27-year-old pastor of St. John United Church of Christ in Saint Clair, told FoxNews.com that pastors of three other churches in a local church softball league said their teams would no longer take the field against St. John after hearing rumors questioning Darnell’s sexuality. Rather than force the issue, St. John pulled out of the league.

“Three teams had issue with that and no longer wanted to play against our team since I am an out bisexual person,” Darnell told FoxNews.com. “And it’s surprising because I don’t even play, I have no affiliation with the league.” Source - http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/16/pastor-sexuality-splits-missouri-church-softball-league/

`In case anyone has ever doubted that bisexuals face the same prejudice as gays, lesbians and transsexuals, here's something to consider.

http://i.imgur.com/EBD1z.jpg

`

The Bisexual Virgin
May 16, 2012, 3:42 PM
This is just ridiculous. But I have a feeling that if this man was completly gay, everyone would be more lenient towards him.

RockGardener
May 16, 2012, 3:58 PM
I was in a church in Florida that found out that my bf and I were both bi, and we were not allowed to serve in any way in the church. We were welcome to attend, but could not represent the church in any way.

The church I attend now welcomes everyone and feels to exclude someone for their sexual orientation is to waste valuable resources.

rj2127
May 16, 2012, 5:56 PM
There is definitely prejudice towards bisexuals. As a straight female seeing my husband come out and the questions that i am asked even make me just wonder what goes threw people's heads sometimes. I have several gay friends and even when one of my really good friend who is a lesbian found out she told me she just doesn't "get it". Its really sad.

Gearbox
May 16, 2012, 7:49 PM
I don't think I would have withdrawn. I rarely let others make choices for me (bully) unless they make their reasons perfectly sound. A meeting of pastors to discuss their objection would be my personal reaction in that case. I'd INSIST on the minutes being taken and made available for all afterwards too.;)
No I don't think the bi pastor should walk away from that. It doesn't say much for being out.

rj2127
May 16, 2012, 8:18 PM
Well he didn't walk away he didn't even play on the team the church as a whole withdrew. Or did i miss understand the article??

Gearbox
May 17, 2012, 7:21 PM
Well he didn't walk away he didn't even play on the team the church as a whole withdrew. Or did i miss understand the article??
I took it that the pastor withdrew his church, but I might have that wrong there.:oh:
Hope I'm not blaming him when it wasn't his decision. Sorry if I am.