PDA

View Full Version : Mothers day - same Sex Marriage.

innaminka
May 13, 2012, 8:11 PM
So there we were the Inna extended family celebrating Mother's day with my Mom (nearly 80)
Me, my girls, my 2 sisters and their assorted progeny and grand-progeny. Only gals ..the males had left to watch one of the boys play football
All committed (I assume) heterosexuals! 'cept me!:eek2: .........

The topic of same sex marriage came up, and it has a certain relevance because there was one possible candidate present. Me again!:eek2:
My sexuality has been accepted freely (no disownings!) and the general opinion was that it (acceptance) will happen, but not immediately as the "Guns and God" types in Qld and West Oz aren't there yet. - Queensland is Oz's Deep South.

But then it got pointed and I had to explain that yes Christine and I had discussed it and agree it will happen. To us? Who knows. We don't even live together yet, tho that should change this year.
It's not really on our "to do" list. the biggest challenge for us in the next few years will be facing menopause. :yikes2::yikes2: ...... Neither of us want to make a statement. We're not flag-wavers.

but it was a discussion that made me think and then enjoy because it was so open and I was just a part of it.

Ed note. Mum is a wise old stick. In her day, yes there were lesbians, but they kept quiet. The term was that "certain" ladies "preferred velvet."

DuckiesDarling
May 14, 2012, 12:08 AM
Happy Mother's Day, Inna :)