PDA

View Full Version : John Irving writes a book with bisexual and trans characters.

DiamondDog
May 8, 2012, 9:19 AM
I was watching the news this morning and John Irving was on and he was being interviewed about a book he wrote that's being published soon, and how there's a bisexual man as his protagonist and he has two transgendered women who are also characters in the book.

The book is titled In One Person. I'll read it but when either the library gets it or when it comes down in price.

DuckiesDarling
May 8, 2012, 9:20 AM
Cool, DiamondDog, I'll check it out if it becomes available here. Btw, welcome back, been awhile :)

Brian
May 8, 2012, 11:06 AM
Cool!

- Drew :paw:

ldner
May 8, 2012, 12:37 PM
Thanks, will check this out. i was a big fan if Irving's earlier novels like Garp and Owen Meany but gone off in recent years; this could renew my interest x

Dapper_Fellow
May 9, 2012, 3:10 AM
Exciting. I wonder if the characters will actually be REALISTIC. I have been waiting for a realistic portrayal of male bisexuality for quite awhile. I can't wait to read it and see.

onewhocares
May 9, 2012, 7:59 PM
Just today someone suggested that I get this book as they feel I would be a good character in a book (showme take notice). Mr. Irving is a great writer....I have been enamoured with him from the good ole Garp days. I will try and get this book this weekend and report back. I had the chance to meet Mr. Irving years ago and he was a hotie to be sure.

Belle in Boston

biguycancun
May 10, 2012, 2:11 PM
Not the first time Irving has dealt with some aspect of our lives. In The World According to Garp there's Roberta Muldoon, a transsexual ex-football player, later played so well in the movie by John Lithgow.