PDA

View Full Version : omg i cant beleive my father

naughty-slave-gurl
Jun 13, 2006, 8:07 AM
he loves making life hard for me

just had a fight on msn

my god i cant do anythign to please him....

im NOT his lil baby anymore he has to let me go and do my own things and let me make my own choices and mistakes... but he cant see that grrrrr he stresses me out

:( :( :( :( :(

Avocado
Jun 13, 2006, 9:53 AM
Sorry to hear, what's he done?

warmpuppy
Jun 13, 2006, 10:59 AM
Dads generally get smarter as you get older. My daughter can't believe how much more intelligent I am now than when she was 19.

We mean well -- it's just so hard for Daddy to let his little girl grow up.

halifaxguy619
Jun 13, 2006, 11:55 AM
he loves making life hard for me

just had a fight on msn

my god i cant do anythign to please him....

im NOT his lil baby anymore he has to let me go and do my own things and let me make my own choices and mistakes... but he cant see that grrrrr he stresses me out

:( :( :( :( :(

Remember what i said,sweetness.he's still your father,but he's not your keeper.All the astress he dumps on you is his own doing.Youre out on your own,so either learn to let his comments slide like water off a ducks back or try and make it so his comments come off as selfish and retard,which I'm giuessing any sane person already sees them as!

halifaxguy619
Jun 13, 2006, 11:57 AM
And since ur out on your own,screw pleasing him,itas ur life,do what you want and please yourself.You run your life now,and he can't say anything you can't just ignore.Go out,be happy and do your life your way!

littlerayofsunshine
Jun 13, 2006, 12:56 PM
I just want to offer you some gentle (((((hugs))))).

strawberry8302
Jun 14, 2006, 4:49 AM
Believe me, i know how STUPID parents can be... but they are always going to try to protect you because that's their job. He can't help but smother you. It's hard for him to let you go, because he's realizing that you're growing up, and the more you grow up, the less you need him to be there for you. He's been providing for you, so it's hard for him to not be depended on by you. Try to be patient, and talk to him about how you feel.

BI BOYTOY
Jun 14, 2006, 5:31 AM
have some hugs from me to :bigrin: parents are a pain in the ass in general. but dads and their girl are arealy pain in the ass cause no mater how old you get you are still his little girl. they dont seem to realize after a certain age you are your own person. im sorry i wish i had something more comforting to say. here have another hug [ HUG ] :bigrin: :bigrin:

jo69guy
Jun 14, 2006, 6:04 AM
Sorry to hear you and your Dad are having problems. My Dad and I have had our rocky moments too. I am almost forty now, and he still treats me like a child at times. It will get better with time, as he sees you acting responsibly, and like an adult. I wish you all the luck in the world!!!! :bibounce: :rolleyes: :bipride:

CT Nudist Guy
Jun 14, 2006, 9:56 AM
Parent / child relationships can be rough. I used to dread my Dad calling or having to spend time with him.

A few years ago, a woman was sitting behind me at a restaurant and kept bitching about what a jerk her controling and meddlesome father was. I could hear myself in everything she said.

Tears began to well up in my eyes and roll down my cheeks. I was coming from my Dad's funeral that morning. :(

I sure wish I had him with me now -- I would probably still bitch & moan, but he'd be around still.

For me, the thing I am most grateful for in my life so far is that I got sober and got my life somewhat on track in the 2-3 years just before he died. And I have to smile cause I know it was partly because of him.

So, yeah - Dads can be a jerks and pains in the ass, but you only get one in life.

Mrs.F
Jun 14, 2006, 5:59 PM
I used to think the same thing. My parents were both so different. My dad the laid back one who didn't say much until you really did something bad and then my mom who is SOOOOOOOO nosy and must know everything you've done and what your doing now. For the most part, even though they of-course annoyed the hell out of me, (and still do) I thought they were pretty cool parents growing up. Now that I'm 34 and a mom also....I realize why parents act the way they do. They see alot of what they did in what your doing. They know the mistakes already and maybe don't want to see you go through it. Even though you learn by mistakes...it's so hard to watch your child hurting. We wish we could act differently when certain situations arise but it doesn't always happen. Everything your going through is normal and in time things will get better.
Good luck...Mrs.F :)

NightHawk
Jun 14, 2006, 11:01 PM
As the father of three girls, I tried to teach them early to think for themselves. Then, while I sometimes worry a bit when they are out very late, I am mostly able to simply trust in my confidence in them. They have generally borne out that confidence. Where they have made mistakes, they have learned well from them. I have tried hard to let them go, generally with good success.

But, when I was working so hard on them to learn to think for themselves, they sometimes resented that. They thought that I expected too much of them. Sometimes, they also thought that when I let them follow their own minds, they thought that I just did not care enough about them. There is a bit of a fine line between allowing children independence and their feeling that they have enough of your attention. Now that they are past or nearly past the difficult teens, they seem to understand better what I was trying to do. They appreciate the early independence, but that does not always save me from claims that I did not give them enough of my time.

Being a teenager or a smothered young person claiming independence at a later age is hard. Being a parent is hard. Life is complex. Parents usually greatly love their children, but they also have a duty to prepare their children to live life on their own. These are not easily reconciled. Children pass from needing constant care to needing independence and they all do this at different rates at different times. Parents have the hard task of trying to recognize and acknowledge these changes. Commonly, anyone's perspective of some else who is rapidly developing lags that of the rapidly developing person. This occurs in the workplace whenever a new hire learns new tasks and does so rapidly. Older workers and supervisors have difficulty keeping up with such a person's new capabilities. When the the ties of parental love are added to this effect, a parent's realistic assessment of a child's abilities will often agonizingly lag those of the child.

meteast chick
Jun 14, 2006, 11:20 PM
NSG, first off...hugs ((((((((((((((((((((((NSG))))))))))))))))))))

Second, I understand where you are coming from I do. I'm older than you and have had a strained relationship with my father ever since my parents divorced. I'm the baby from my mom and dad's marriage, but he has a daughter beside that, and still can't understand many things. So much so that I avoid telling him very personal things but that doesn't stop him from trying to get info from my sister or my mom, much to his dismay. Parents always have the best of intentions, no matter how it may come out or how you may take it. You have to play the adult but you are still young and in that funny stage between adulthood and teenagerhood and it's hard for parents to see how much you want to grow up and be your own person. You don't have to please him, but try to understand where he's coming from if it is at all possible. I'll admit I don't know your situation and I hope things calm down. You will never stop being his baby. I know that because my kids, no matter how old they get, will always be mine.

luv and kisses,
xoxoxoxo
meteast

Sparks
Jun 15, 2006, 1:58 PM
Hang in there angel. "when you get to the heart of the matter, it's about forgiveness." And there will be a day when the two of you connect again. Be patient. Life your life. But leave the door open. When you're ready, he'll accept you with open arms. Dream big girl.