PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday, void_dweller.

void()
Apr 30, 2012, 12:07 AM
Happy birthday to me. Turned 40 today. It was a nice birthday. I did some housework. My wife made a special rum cake for me, and there was a fish dinner. Got $20 from a grandmother and used to buy a used copy of a video game.

Celebrated twelve years married on the twenty-second. Me and wife dined out at an Italian place, unfortunately it was not Olive Garden. My wife asked our server for garlic bread. "I have bread, but it's not garlic."

We both are still befuddled as to why we did not get up and walk out right then and there. We had waited twenty minutes to be greeted by our server, then no real server follow through existed. Still the bill was roughly comparable to Olive Garden, the food was very banal to say the least. It was decided we'll not return there, ever.

Apologies if me telling myself happy birthday is offensive.

Long Duck Dong
Apr 30, 2012, 12:22 AM
happy birthday, void....... gives ya a big birthday hug and kiss...... and happy 12th wedding anniversary Mr and Mrs void, gives ya both a hug and a kiss.....

psst we would be offended if you didn't share ya happy occasions and let us hug ya to pieces.... lol

void()
Apr 30, 2012, 12:35 AM
psst we would be offended if you didn't share ya happy occasions and let us hug ya to pieces.... lol

One could think after visiting a site for about a decade, there would be no need to share. Thank you though for the congrats and birthday wishes. Me and wife have already figured we'll be together another twelve, or more. Some days I think we both might wonder. Then, we remember love and our doubts are quelled. :)

Doggie_Wood
Apr 30, 2012, 12:45 AM
Happy Birthday Ben - I am glad it was good (except the food establishment) and I hope you have many many more.

Doggie :doggie:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Apr 30, 2012, 3:18 AM
Well Happy Birthday Darlin! Big hugs and kisses..:}
Cat

æonpax
Apr 30, 2012, 3:19 AM
`
http://i.imgur.com/xhN3p.jpg

DuckiesDarling
Apr 30, 2012, 3:21 AM
Happy Birthday, Void and a Happy Anniversary to you and your wife.

:bday::bowdown::bdaygrin::compuser::bday:

falcondfw
Apr 30, 2012, 3:38 AM
Happy Birthday, Void. And Happy Anniversary to you and your wife.
Sorry the Italian nite didn't go over very well. I cannot imagine going to an Italian Restaurant, asking the server for Garlic Bread, and then being told they don't have any!
I think I would get up and shoot the manager and owner for insulting Italians everywhere. lol.
But seriously, on a nite for romance and love, would you really want Garlic Bread??? lol.
The Big 40. That was a rough one for me. I hope yours goes much better.

elian
Apr 30, 2012, 6:01 AM
For example, I would've made a big deal about the 10th anniversary if I knew about it :)

You have a Birthday and an Anniversary every year, you gotta take the good when you can get it. Some of us are terrible with dates though and need a good bending ov^H^H...err.."reminder" of when these things occur.

<hugs both>

One could think after visiting a site for about a decade, there would be no need to share. Thank you though for the congrats and birthday wishes. Me and wife have already figured we'll be together another twelve, or more. Some days I think we both might wonder. Then, we remember love and our doubts are quelled. :)

by~his~side
Apr 30, 2012, 7:12 AM
:bday: Happy Birthday Void!

~D~

void()
Apr 30, 2012, 8:30 AM
`
http://i.imgur.com/xhN3p.jpg

Yay, it's Elmo! Go Elmo, go!

csrakate
Apr 30, 2012, 8:36 AM
:bday::bday:Happy Birthday, Void!!!:bday::bday:

void()
Apr 30, 2012, 8:40 AM
Happy Birthday, Void. And Happy Anniversary to you and your wife.
Sorry the Italian nite didn't go over very well. I cannot imagine going to an Italian Restaurant, asking the server for Garlic Bread, and then being told they don't have any!
I think I would get up and shoot the manager and owner for insulting Italians everywhere. lol.
But seriously, on a nite for romance and love, would you really want Garlic Bread??? lol.
The Big 40. That was a rough one for me. I hope yours goes much better.

Yeah, me and her talked about it later, an Italian place without garlic bread? Okay, that must be like Mikey D's without French, er freedom fries. Considering me and wife really don't get too hot and steamy any more, garlic bread would have been fine.

Still get the occasional erotic dream involving either my wife, or elian. Libido exists yet is really subtle and difficult to pique. Then, I get tired, frustrated when ultimately I don't cum or get off. Sometimes, I think Eeyore is an optimist.

Gearbox
Apr 30, 2012, 8:43 AM
Happy birthday! I said 'HAPPY BIRTH... TURN IT ON! YES! TURN IT ON!':bigrin:

Well welcome to the world of the 40+'s.:shades: Revel in the delights of:
1. Not giving a sh!t.
2. Expressing that you don't give a sh!t.
3. Really point that out to the world, that it's all BS and frankly, you don't give a sh!t any more!
4. Complaining!
5. You made it this far, and by God people will hear about it!
6. Going all Frank Sinatra! You'll do it YOUR way from now on!
*Last 4 are all sexual related and not suitable a gentleman on his anniversary!;)

ENJOY IT ALL:love87:

darkeyes
Apr 30, 2012, 8:52 AM
Happy Birfday Voidie.. happy Anniversary an all.. may ur day b fulla fun an joy an a lil less mysterious an abstract than usual..

void()
Apr 30, 2012, 9:00 AM
Well, I may be miscounting. Started showing up here in about late '06 or early '07, so it may be only 5-6 years. My error aside, the point remains that I had to tell myself happy birthday on here.

Yeah, I know there are friends here. And I know that sometimes things in my noggin are not exactly what is going on. Sometimes though, it is hard to figure out what is and what I think is.

Already had electric therapy, and maybe that in conjunction with a two by four upside the back of my skull when younger caused this insanity in me. Often figure a frontal lobotomy would be really nice until, I recall Dorthy Parker and am happy to have a bottle in front of me for a nip or two. And you know I'm not abusive with the booze.

If I manage six drinks in three times as many months, I'm bordering alcoholism, at least to my thinking. Moderation, even in moderation is easy once you live it a while. Of course, so is banality and mediocre.

Well, need to get to chores and work. Thanks everyone.

void()
Apr 30, 2012, 9:02 AM
Happy birthday! I said 'HAPPY BIRTH... TURN IT ON! YES! TURN IT ON!':bigrin:

Well welcome to the world of the 40+'s.:shades: Revel in the delights of:
1. Not giving a sh!t.
2. Expressing that you don't give a sh!t.
3. Really point that out to the world, that it's all BS and frankly, you don't give a sh!t any more!
4. Complaining!
5. You made it this far, and by God people will hear about it!
6. Going all Frank Sinatra! You'll do it YOUR way from now on!
*Last 4 are all sexual related and not suitable a gentleman on his anniversary!;)

ENJOY IT ALL:love87:

ROFLMAO!!! Hey guess what? I don't give a shit about all the bullshit, i really don't. LOL!

SJ37AndSteph
Apr 30, 2012, 3:49 PM
Happy Birthday void :)

elian
Apr 30, 2012, 6:00 PM
Some friends and I have figured out that all of us have a sort of thick skin, but if you pull back the layers there's actually quite a tender, vulnerable bit inside...unless I'm confusing this thread for "cut vs. uncut" one.

Admittedly I am terrible with dates, I try to keep everything on an electronic calendar because otherwise it would be hopeless. Sorry I didn't have your Birthday on there already. 40 eh? I'm considering that something can be beautiful despite having flaws..as far as I can tell only advertisers seem to think that "beautiful" is the same thing as "flawless".

Anyway, Happy Birthday sweet one.

Well, I may be miscounting. Started showing up here in about late '06 or early '07, so it may be only 5-6 years. My error aside, the point remains that I had to tell myself happy birthday on here.

Yeah, I know there are friends here. And I know that sometimes things in my noggin are not exactly what is going on. Sometimes though, it is hard to figure out what is and what I think is.

Already had electric therapy, and maybe that in conjunction with a two by four upside the back of my skull when younger caused this insanity in me. Often figure a frontal lobotomy would be really nice until, I recall Dorthy Parker and am happy to have a bottle in front of me for a nip or two. And you know I'm not abusive with the booze.

If I manage six drinks in three times as many months, I'm bordering alcoholism, at least to my thinking. Moderation, even in moderation is easy once you live it a while. Of course, so is banality and mediocre.

Well, need to get to chores and work. Thanks everyone.

void()
Apr 30, 2012, 9:37 PM
Some friends and I have figured out that all of us have a sort of thick skin, but if you pull back the layers there's actually quite a tender, vulnerable bit inside...unless I'm confusing this thread for "cut vs. uncut" one.

Admittedly I am terrible with dates, I try to keep everything on an electronic calendar because otherwise it would be hopeless. Sorry I didn't have your Birthday on there already. 40 eh? I'm considering that something can be beautiful despite having flaws..as far as I can tell only advertisers seem to think that "beautiful" is the same thing as "flawless".

Anyway, Happy Birthday sweet one.

And one could still wonder why you are loved. :) You are excused. I know how busy with some projects you got. You had a really fun one spring up, too. *giggles*

Sorry for being the goofball that wears a heart on my sleeve at times. One of these days it may cause serious problems. Today for instance, nearly killed myself on some mowing. Love using the weed eater, poor man's golf. :)

Trouble being we have hills here which are varied from 75-85 degree inclines. If there is any moisture in the grass at all, footing is a drastic purchase at best. I pretend to be drunk. "Don't think, do. I'll be on the ground, one way or another."

I can easily see how my wife's grandfather a) slipped and fell, breaking his hip & b) had a stroke en route to and upon arrival at the hospital. He has a great deal more experience in being spry, fleet of foot on these hills. No shame for me to stumble, slide down a hill, need to stop and adjust a step or three.

Also no shame when it gets 80-90+F and I'm wearing sweat pants to stop, call it a day. Did manage a good solid two or three hours on it. The rest can wait for tomorrow, after it rains tonight. *chuckle* Jolly lolly fun. :)

I would hug and snog you, but still rather grungy. And no, I'm not showering just yet. Leave me be! I'm enjoying this glow of knuckle dragging masculinity and sitting here going "grunt, er, oh, oh, more power, grunt hmm, grunt *belch*".

Emotional Masochist
Apr 30, 2012, 10:29 PM
Happr birthday void :bigrin: and happy anniversary. I hope you have many more. and honestly im glad you guys are still so much in love and do be careful on those hills.

void()
May 1, 2012, 9:24 AM
Love is a wonderful creature. Some of us folks whom many other folks call insane, think love started all of this. (void motions up and outward, looks all around) I am probably a little more far gone than most of the insane, I think we originate as cosmic dust, love molds us into what we are. Of course, Sonny Bono reminds us to be careful with love in U2's song Hands of Love. The lyrics rightly suggest love can create or destroy. This is where Reason comes to the fore, as Neil Pert of Rush suggests in Hemispheres. Of course, we all know Ozzy God tells it the best, we're all on a Crazy Train.

Those hills are the least of my worries. Yes, I know to be cautious and respectful of them, and am. What had me worried lay in a subtle fact regarding a myth in these parts. We are roughly forty five minutes away from where sightings of the Moth Man occur. That had me worried about being abducted, either by Moth Man or the aliens. I eat chocolate and smoke cigarettes, sleep with a fan on. So, that eliminates chances of alien abductions.

Come to find out, courtesy of a documentary, Moth Man is just a mutated sand crane. People in Logan county are still mutated inbred cannibals, though. So, don't think I'll be heading there to see the Moth Man for myself. Of course, I might be a mutated inbred cannibal as well. I do live in what is refereed to locally as chemical valley, USA. Union Carbide, G.E., DuPont and a plethora of other varied chemical companies have abused / used the area extensively for years. Sometimes our tap water has eyes. *grin*

Well, need to scoot love. Plenty to do today even I am unable to mow. My dogs tore up their kennel door and I need to repair it.

**Peg**
May 2, 2012, 6:47 AM
Happy belated Birthday Ben.... :bday: I didn't see your name on the birthday list (http://www.bisexual.com/forum/forum.php), so I didn't know when it was :)

elian
May 2, 2012, 4:53 PM
Trouble being we have hills here which are varied from 75-85 degree inclines. If there is any moisture in the grass at all, footing is a drastic purchase at best. I pretend to be drunk. "Don't think, do. I'll be on the ground, one way or another."

So, it's sort of like "The Sound of Music" except without the music? That's a pretty short lyric. "The HILLLS ARE ALLIVE.. <silence>"

So much the better anyway, I usually press the FF button on musical videos so a 4/4 time song becomes a 2/4 time song - otherwise the insidious things get stuck in my head and I go around for the next three days half humming along / half mumbling about bright paper kittens and mittens on whiskers or some shi...<giggles> oh just nevermind.

Have you have a GOOD day!
John

pepperjack
May 2, 2012, 8:59 PM
So, it's sort of like "The Sound of Music" except without the music? That's a pretty short lyric. "The HILLLS ARE ALLIVE.. <silence>"

So much the better anyway, I usually press the FF button on musical videos so a 4/4 time song becomes a 2/4 time song - otherwise the insidious things get stuck in my head and I go around for the next three days half humming along / half mumbling about bright paper kittens and mittens on whiskers or some shi...<giggles> oh just nevermind.

Have you have a GOOD day!
John

I think THE HILLS HAVE EYES is more accurate.:smilies15

void()
May 2, 2012, 9:31 PM
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Hell yeah. I'm one scary fucker. :yikes2: Don't forget it. *LOL* :tongue::bigrin:

It may be considered frightening to scare Rob Zombie. I scare Chuck Norris. *LOL*

I am the anti-Chuck! *LOL* Chuck Norris cringes when my name is whispered. *LOL*

Jet Leigh has nothing on me either, aside from perfect hair. He can move faster than we perceive bullets to be moving. I can perceive faster bullets moving. *LOL*

Overheard conversation at recent summit regarding proliferation of weapons of mass destruction.

"What can we do about the vile threat known as void?"

"Not sure at this point. The void is indeed a monster. Let's hope he doesn't spawn."

Scene cut to void and elian getting hot and steamy. "Oh yes, lay your eggs in me big boy" elian whimpers out.
The void groans and sighs a sigh of release, "filled you, baby."

Cut back to summit.

"Sir, it's too late."

"Void all the things! Go forth and multiply my splendid billions of little voids!"

*ROFLMAO*

Sorry, I'm just in one of those zany moods.

pepperjack
May 2, 2012, 10:26 PM
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Hell yeah. I'm one scary fucker. :yikes2: Don't forget it. *LOL* :tongue::bigrin:

It may be considered frightening to scare Rob Zombie. I scare Chuck Norris. *LOL*

I am the anti-Chuck! *LOL* Chuck Norris cringes when my name is whispered. *LOL*

Jet Leigh has nothing on me either, aside from perfect hair. He can move faster than we perceive bullets to be moving. I can perceive faster bullets moving. *LOL*

Overheard conversation at recent summit regarding proliferation of weapons of mass destruction.

"What can we do about the vile threat known as void?"

"Not sure at this point. The void is indeed a monster. Let's hope he doesn't spawn."

Scene cut to void and elian getting hot and steamy. "Oh yes, lay your eggs in me big boy" elian whimpers out.
The void groans and sighs a sigh of release, "filled you, baby."

Cut back to summit.

"Sir, it's too late."

"Void all the things! Go forth and multiply my splendid billions of little voids!"

*ROFLMAO*

Sorry, I'm just in one of those zany moods.

Well, I'm also in a playful mood & find it difficult to be impressed & intimidated by a man who [giggles] & calls another man "honey." Keep dreaming & blowing hot air if that's what keeps you going.:smilies15

elian
May 3, 2012, 6:18 AM
Geez Void honey, all I can say is..

<message over an airplane loudspeaker>

"<bing-bonk> *crackle-buzz* - Folks, you might want to fasten your seat belt, we're experiencing some Godzilla related turbulence."

(giant screech, plane shakes violently)

People have called me names for a LONG TIME pepper, I try not to let it bother me anymore. <hugs>

void()
May 3, 2012, 8:46 AM
Well, I'm also in a playful mood & find it difficult to be impressed & intimidated by a man who [giggles] & calls another man "honey." Keep dreaming & blowing hot air if that's what keeps you going.:smilies15

People say I have difficulty in perception, or taking things in. You provide me with a gauge. I can perceive people joking and cutting up. It looks like to me, you have trouble in doing that.

My previous posting was no where close to an intention of either impressing or intimidating. I supposed adding all the laughing out loud tags did not help you understand the posting as a joke. Either that or you are deliberately pretending at being idiotic in an effort to derive entertainment from my misgivings. Frankly, whilst I may enjoy self depreciating humor, it normally is enjoined by the individual themselves. My previous posting could serve as such an example.

I do not appreciate others whom seek to gain from the disproportions of those of obviously lesser capacity. I find such is comparable an act as to be likened to murder versus killing. Killing may happen as natural recourse. Murder is planned and uses advantages to benefit itself, it is abusive. In short, it's okay for me to poke fun at myself, don't care for many others to do so. I do not feel that is unreasonable either. Whole classes of society have felt the same, the Irish for example do not like for anyone else to joke about the Irish.

That aside I have recently began a great deal of reflection upon everything. Your words fail in being hurtful, now. I can see them for what they are. It would seem I'm not alone in blowing hot air. As for me giggling and calling another man honey, refer to the web site's theme. It is a site for and by bisexual people. We as a class of people are predisposed to call one another such things, to be expressive of love, sex, joy, life.

You are here of your own accord if I'm correct to assume the web browsing software does not automatically open to this site's unique uniform resource locator. My own browsing software requires I input specific uniform resource locators in order to view web sites, only logical that yours may follow suit. So, ultimately if you did not feel compelled to be in the company of men calling other honey, you could choose not to be, sweetheart.

Yes, I have a choice in how I express myself. I'll do it accordingly to my discretion, not yours thank you. I am after all visiting a web site for LBGT people, a place where such expression is encouraged and engaged. I chose being here, baby. Still choose to visit from time to time. By all means, you're as welcome as I to blow hot air, though I prefer blowing elian or sucking off my wife. Perhaps, you may as I benefit from taking breaks from people in general. It is quite beneficial for me in my opinion. Reflection often leading to better comprehension.

Allow me to posit a few things I have been reflecting upon. They are some potent quotes.

“Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success. Always be on the lookout for ways to turn a problem into an opportunity for success. Always be on the lookout for ways to nurture your dream.” ― Lao Tzu

“Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habit. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.” ― Lao Tzu

“Stop thinking, and end your problems.
What difference between yes and no?
What difference between success and failure?
Must you value what others value,
avoid what others avoid?
How ridiculous!

Other people are excited,
as though they were at a parade.
I alone don't care,
I alone am expressionless,
like an infant before it can smile.

Other people have what they need;
I alone possess nothing.
I alone drift about,
like someone without a home.
I am like an idiot, my mind is so empty.

Other people are bright;
I alone am dark.
Other people are sharp;
I alone am dull.
Other people have purpose;
I alone don't know.
I drift like a wave on the ocean,
I blow as aimless as the wind.

I am different from ordinary people.
I drink from the Great Mother's breasts.”
― Lao Tzu

He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know. -- Lao Tzu

I do not concern myself with gods and spirits either good or evil nor do I serve any. -- Lao Tzu

If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve. -- Lao Tzu

Man's enemies are not demons, but human beings like himself. -- Lao Tzu

The snow goose need not bathe to make itself white. Neither need you do anything but be yourself.-- Lao Tzu

To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty. -- Lao Tzu

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good. -- Lao Tzu

“Simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures. Simple in actions and thoughts, you return to the source of being. Patient with both friends and enemies, you accord with the way things are. Compassionate toward yourself, you reconcile all beings in the world.” ― Lao Tzu

“Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.” ― Lao Tzu

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. -- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear _Dune_ 1965

void()
May 3, 2012, 9:04 AM

"<bing-bonk> *crackle-buzz* - Folks, you might want to fasten your seat belt, we're experiencing some Godzilla related turbulence."

People have called me names for a LONG TIME pepper, I try not to let it bother me anymore. <hugs>

*LOL*

"Go, go, Godzilla!" Nice catch phrase to replace This is the song that doesn't end ..., which your last post inspired me to locate on YouTube. I can also agree with you about people slinging names. Starting to follow the law of garbage trucks. I don't get bothered any more about people being garbage trucks. I hope pepper can find his way and wish him well. Beyond that, I try not being garbage truck. No point wasting time with garbage, life is too short.

Yes, I know there is still a greater journey ahead. Also know I'll stumble, and it's okay to stumble. I can apologize and try to do better, to learn from mistakes. That's called gaining experience and knowledge, a.k.a growing and adapting, living. Starting to as someone wiser suggested, put the puzzle pieces together. Little by little the whole picture comes to light. I am slow because yes, I have problems in perception. That does not devalue my experience, in fact creates more value, for me. Sisyphus was truly blessed. :)

Love you, my shiny man. Be sure to get some rest.

**Peg**
May 3, 2012, 11:51 AM
*LOL* ...Love you, my shiny man....

and *I* love you both, as you well know. I don't usually offer opinions on this type of BS, but am willing to make an exception in this case. Ben, just go to pepper's profile and on the left-hand side, 4th item down, click 'add to ignore list'. Then you won't see anything by/about him. just do it honey.... I did.

*snarl*.....Ben's comments were not directed at you; nor were they an attempt to impress or intimidate anyone. I thank God for the dreamers .... but IMO sir, YOU are the one who is blowing hot air. Slam the idea, not the person.

elian
May 3, 2012, 7:02 PM
Sisyphus was truly blessed.

They have a shot that will clear that up now..

pepperjack
May 3, 2012, 11:54 PM

? Name calling Elian? Have I ever called you offensive names? I don't think so! Speaking of which, I've dealt with that for a long time also. I think you're a very nice guy & I mean that sincerely; I think that,in some ways, you epitomize the teachings of Jesus. You have frequently mentioned your self-loathing & Void has made numerous references to his mental problems.....well, I have a quirk about effeminate men. We all have our mental hang-ups. But not to worry; I'm going to make everyone happy & leave this site. I only log on here out of sheer boredom & curiosity to begin with.:sleep:

elian
May 4, 2012, 5:26 PM
Well, I would like to think that you were actually attempting to joke with void, but sometimes your posts come off as really abrasive. It seemed like out of the blue you just sort of dropped in, called us a bunch of whiners full of hot air and then left. I am a diplomat by nature, and I regret that you and void don't get along - I think sometimes you have some interesting experience to share but even my energy has limits.

pepperjack
May 4, 2012, 7:09 PM
Well, I would like to think that you were actually attempting to joke with void, but sometimes your posts come off as really abrasive. It seemed like out of the blue you just sort of dropped in, called us a bunch of whiners full of hot air and then left. I am a diplomat by nature, and I regret that you and void don't get along - I think sometimes you have some interesting experience to share but even my energy has limits.

OK, now you're coming across like Void again, making unfounded accusations; you couldn't answer me about the alleged name-calling; if anyone has a penchant for that, it's your buddy who I don't get along with; and that's part of the reason I've become abrasive. "Seemed like"... "called us a bunch of whiners." Who is "us?" You & Void? All the members here? I've only accused Void of blowing hot hair. And besides, there was plenty of abrasiveness on this site before I joined & it will definitely continue after I leave.:paw:

pepperjack
May 4, 2012, 7:14 PM
and *I* love you both, as you well know. I don't usually offer opinions on this type of BS, but am willing to make an exception in this case. Ben, just go to pepper's profile and on the left-hand side, 4th item down, click 'add to ignore list'. Then you won't see anything by/about him. just do it honey.... I did.

*snarl*.....Ben's comments were not directed at you; nor were they an attempt to impress or intimidate anyone. I thank God for the dreamers .... but IMO sir, YOU are the one who is blowing hot air. Slam the idea, not the person.

I thought you had me on ignore.:rolleyes: Go back to your knitting, grandma; maybe you can see that more clearly.

void()
May 4, 2012, 7:50 PM
I think THE HILLS HAVE EYES is more accurate.:smilies15

As far as I understand things, a horror movie by the title The Hills Have Eyes exists. I read your post and inferred a reference to scary movies. It was this which then, evoked a bit of levity from me. I was not attempting intimidation. That is from post #1.

From post number 2, you appear to be accusing me of trying to intimidate you. Sorry, I was not bothering to intimidate anyone. I was simply using the inference to cultural stereotypes of West Virginians, and the horror movie as campy levity. I often dislike such stereotypes and often abase them with humor.

Considering everything which has transpired, I found your interjection emotionally mixed. I welcomed the zesty humor. But it turned out to be a ploy for you to sling mud. This clearly disappointed me while not surprising me. Stay and enjoy the site if you desire. If you no longer enjoy it, stop picking fights, move on.

I have said before, not here to fight. Here to enjoy the company of like people. Thanks for ruining that simple pleasure for me.

elian
May 4, 2012, 8:24 PM
Well the problem is, we all aren't sitting in a room together, so there are no emotional cues to tell me what your intentions are. My impression, based on what I read (because all I have are words on this display screen) was that you seemed to be insulting Void in his very own Birthday thread. I didn't think that was something a friend would do - but I was also involved in the block you quoted. I was hoping void wouldn't get upset again after just starting to participate.

I don't care if you post here, I think sometimes you have interesting things to say, but I wasn't the only one who thought the tone of your message was off. If I met you in a bar or a resturant I don't think I would have a problem having a meaningful and useful conversation, but here your words are all that I have to go on..

Yes, the site is very abrasive I can see..shame that - I guess I should grow a thicker skin.

pepperjack
May 4, 2012, 8:51 PM
Well the problem is, we all aren't sitting in a room together, so there are no emotional cues to tell me what your intentions are. My impression, based on what I read (because all I have are words on this display screen) was that you seemed to be insulting Void in his very own Birthday thread. I didn't think that was something a friend would do - but I was also involved in the block you quoted. I was hoping void wouldn't get upset again after just starting to participate.

I don't care if you post here, I think sometimes you have interesting things to say, but I wasn't the only one who thought the tone of your message was off. If I met you in a bar or a resturant I don't think I would have a problem having a meaningful and useful conversation, but here your words are all that I have to go on..

Yes, the site is very abrasive I can see..shame that - I guess I should grow a thicker skin.
If you met me in a bar or restaurant, you would see me for the gregarious, mischievous, fun-loving person I am because I have a zest for life and that is my element. We'll leave it at that.

pepperjack
May 4, 2012, 9:09 PM

As far as I understand things, a horror movie by the title The Hills Have Eyes exists. I read your post and inferred a reference to scary movies. It was this which then, evoked a bit of levity from me. I was not attempting intimidation. That is from post #1.

From post number 2, you appear to be accusing me of trying to intimidate you. Sorry, I was not bothering to intimidate anyone. I was simply using the inference to cultural stereotypes of West Virginians, and the horror movie as campy levity. I often dislike such stereotypes and often abase them with humor.

Considering everything which has transpired, I found your interjection emotionally mixed. I welcomed the zesty humor. But it turned out to be a ploy for you to sling mud. This clearly disappointed me while not surprising me. Stay and enjoy the site if you desire. If you no longer enjoy it, stop picking fights, move on.

I have said before, not here to fight. Here to enjoy the company of like people. Thanks for ruining that simple pleasure for me.

Void, I'm just not going to let you laden me with that unnecessary guilt; you're responsible for much of the misery in your life. Yes, I'm moving on; when that break actually occurs is God's timing.

void()
May 5, 2012, 9:07 AM
you're responsible for much of the misery in your life.

A few genuine and serious question here. Did you choose your parents?
Did you choose your socioeconomic place in life prior to birth?
If so, can I ask how you managed it?

I can own up to a fair share of personal responsibility. Not
everything is caused by me, though.

pepperjack
May 5, 2012, 5:37 PM
A few genuine and serious question here. Did you choose your parents?
Did you choose your socioeconomic place in life prior to birth?
If so, can I ask how you managed it?

I can own up to a fair share of personal responsibility. Not
everything is caused by me, though.

OK, Void; initially, upon reading this,I decided I wasn't going to respond to you anymore,
but after mulling it over and backtracking through the thread,I relent that I misinterpreted your comments, became too defensive & overreacted. I guess some of our past conflicts influenced me. Also, I don't like the anti-God, blasphemous sentiments expressed on this site at times, an attempt by some to rationalize & justify their sexual inclinations. If atheists can become offended so easily over public expressions of religion, I can become offended also. I miss Darkside2009; he was a man after my own heart. Finally....it IS the week of the full moon ( an especially large one tonight from what I've learned ). I always like to blame some of the lunacy ( get it? :shades: ) on that. You're a smart & colorful character, Void. Consider this my last attempt to " bury the hatchet with you."