PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please

DuckiesDarling
Apr 27, 2012, 3:29 PM
My dad, the stubborn snarly male who refused to get his leg checked, has been admitted to the hospital and will have surgery in the am. He had a huge abcess come up on his leg that was the size of his fist. It's been draining for a bit but started having red streaks. He was on antibiotics but the doctor took one look at it today and sent him to ER. At this point I don't know if it's an MRSA infection or not but they have him on some heavy duty iv antibiotics and are planning to go in and remove the abscess and any infection that has spread. Whether he loses part of his leg or not, we do not know at this time. So I would appreciate any prayers you all can send. Thanks.

Jobelorocks
Apr 27, 2012, 3:40 PM
I will say a prayer for him indeed. May the Lord bring him quick healing.

elian
Apr 27, 2012, 3:45 PM
Thoughts are with you DD..my grandfather didn't like going to the doctor either..

Gearbox
Apr 27, 2012, 7:22 PM
Yes, hope he returns home with no probs, and leaves that stubbornness there. Best wishes.:)

DuckiesDarling
Apr 27, 2012, 9:34 PM
Surgeon took a look at him and told him it was life threatening, it was almost to the point of gangrene. They have him on IV antibiotics heavy duty and are going to make decision at 8am in the morning as to what surgery they do. Thanks guys, please keep him in your thoughts.

falcondfw
Apr 27, 2012, 9:41 PM
Hang in there DD. I know it is worrying, but at least he is getting it taken care of. Will keep you in my prayers.

onewhocares
Apr 28, 2012, 12:08 AM
I shall be wishing that the medication will help with the infection and if an operation is needed, that it goes well. Shall keep him in my thoughts DD.

Belle in Boston

Yoyome100
Apr 28, 2012, 1:34 AM
Sorry to hear DD. Hope things turn out OK. Thoughts are with you and your family.

PeterNZ
Apr 28, 2012, 4:37 AM
I will pray for your father.

tiger_M74
Apr 28, 2012, 7:26 AM
Prayers are with you, DD.

csrakate
Apr 28, 2012, 8:06 AM
Prayers for your father, DD...Stay strong!

Huasteco
Apr 28, 2012, 12:22 PM
Living with a partner who has some medical problems I sympathize with you and I hope you dad recovers completely. May God bless him and you and your family...

darkeyes
Apr 28, 2012, 1:17 PM
I've already written privately Darlin' darlin' and hope things are going and continue to go well and that soon u can have the old guy home again to snarl and grump. I may be unable to pray, but u both best have wishes from the bottom of my heart and hope to hear soon he is on the mend. We only have one Pop, so treasure him and make sure he is kept safe and well as long as u can..

DuckiesDarling
Apr 28, 2012, 3:40 PM
Thanks guys, long day at hospital, they are continuing to pack it and drain it. Apparently the antibiotics and the packing are helping and they might not have to do surgery. He was so hungry today, they had him NPO which is IV fluids only to explain briefly and he didn't get anything to eat til after lunch time. Right now just hoping he can get out soon, he was confused and worried about my mom when he knew she had went home to feed dogs and stuff, still had very glazed eyes and they have him on oxygen. But he is able to go to the bathroom by himself, just hates the "damned rag" as he calls the hospital gown and wanted me to get him his clothes so he could go home.

elian
Apr 28, 2012, 7:01 PM
Well then at least there is some positive news. I will continue to keep your family in my thoughts.

DuckiesDarling
Apr 30, 2012, 3:42 AM
Well Mom called earlier, they are maybe gonna let him go home tomorrow. He will need to have mom pack the wound until it heals but it's gonna be a long time. It has to heal from the inside out. I just hope that now he won't let something go so long before he literally gets dragged to the doctor and hospital. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts, I'm sure they helped.

falcondfw
Apr 30, 2012, 9:36 AM
Glad everything is working out DD.

12voltman59
Apr 30, 2012, 2:21 PM
I hope that all comes out fine with your dad.

welickit
Apr 30, 2012, 4:04 PM
We have been off line with medical issues here so missed this post. We will certainly say a prayer for his speedy recovery. I'm not sure whether we will be heard but we will speak. Been a few decades since we have seen the inside of a church.

Modern medicine is a wonderful thing, make sure he follows instructions and goes back for appointments. At the same time you need to take care of yourself and make sure your mom does the same.

elian
Apr 30, 2012, 5:49 PM
I have heard that prayer comes more from the intention of the heart than the words of the lips anyway.

It may be a long road to recovery LDD but that is still good news, maybe a little frustrating but be dilligent in the care and hopefully everything will be okay.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
May 1, 2012, 9:15 PM
Big hugs to ya Darlin from your favorite Pussy, and healing thoughts and wishes go to the Spirits that he will have a speedy recovery and that he'll be a Good Boy and listen to what you, and your Mom and the Doctors Tell him to do..:}
Hugzzzz
Yer Cat

DuckiesDarling
May 1, 2012, 9:41 PM
Thanks guys, he's home and grumpy but at least he has quit smoking. He has smoked since he was 10 years old and is now 64 will be 65 in December. All his life he smoked Pall Mall unfiltered full flavors, wasn't til the last few years when he changed to a cheaper brand that he started having health issues. But at least he has stopped and maybe I'll have my Daddy for a long time to come.

ErosUrge
May 2, 2012, 1:35 PM
yes, I remember well when my father had surgery for a similar reason. I will most definitely say a prayer for you and for him....

nimby
May 2, 2012, 9:48 PM
Glad he is at home for you all to enjoy some more.

Doggie_Wood
May 2, 2012, 11:25 PM
I am truely glad that things have worked out for the better.
Am so happy he has quit tobacco. Word of warning though, DD
be carefull of what he substitutes for the ciggies.
Sugarfree gum is good. Smokers who stop tend to gain weight.
Fruits, small amounts of nuts and things like that (in moderation) seem to help the snacking trends.

Best of luck to yer dad, yer family and to you love.

Doggie :doggie:

matutum
May 3, 2012, 1:32 PM
had afriend who did same thing ,lost his leg. May God use his powers to heal him....

elian
May 3, 2012, 7:08 PM
Yes, a doc could probably say more but my understanding is that smoking inhibits the ability of the body to heal properly, so I am glad he gave it up.