PDA

View Full Version : I stepped away from the site and look what happened!

still_shy
Apr 23, 2012, 11:05 AM
A few months ago, I decided to take a temporary hiatus from this site. Like some of the other long-time members, I just didn't feel that I fit around here anymore. I was pleasantly surprised to poke my head in and see some major changes have occurred in my absence. I'm so happy to see some of the personality come back to this place.

As bisexuals, gay, straight, transgender, and everyone else visits this site, I think it is extremely important that we show our basic human side, as well as ourselves as sexual beings. It broke my heart to come here and see that the forums have lost something very important...our sense of community. I understand more than most that we will always have our share of recreational postings but I miss more than anything that warm sense of belonging that I used to feel upon coming here. Life is tough. For a lot of us, it's tougher because of the internal struggles we face. Lets support each other, hold each others hands and do what we have to in order to make this a welcoming, wonderful community once again.

Bisexual Explorer
Apr 23, 2012, 11:41 AM
Your post reminded me of the benefits I get from being on this site. Yes, I have been fortunate to have meet some wonderful partners here. That's happened because reading what others have written about their bisexuality and then writing about mine has allowed me to comfortable with who I am. It's great to be part of this mutually supportive - for the most part - community.
Bisexual Explorer

cbj4162
Apr 23, 2012, 11:56 AM
welcome back :D

12voltman59
Apr 23, 2012, 12:37 PM
Welcome back, Still Shy---

csrakate
Apr 23, 2012, 12:39 PM
Welcome back, Shy! I've been away a bit as well but I still lurk. Always nice to see a familiar face return!

Realist
Apr 23, 2012, 12:44 PM
Glad to see you back, Shy-Sweetie!

You're right, there are some friction-makers here, still, but most everyone are genuine and caring folks, I think.

I take what makes me think, things I like to share, things I agree with......then ignore the rest.

I used to get fired up over somethings that were written here, but I usually let 'em go, now.

Welcome back!

falcondfw
Apr 23, 2012, 1:00 PM
Welcome back shy.

Bi_Druid
Apr 23, 2012, 2:14 PM
I too have only just recently returened to this site after a period of inactiveness, and i must say i like the updated look.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Apr 23, 2012, 6:21 PM
Hi Shy-Honey. Welcome Home. Come sit by me and have some cookies...lol *Leering and wiggling eyebrows*
Yer Silly Cat

DrBimind
Apr 23, 2012, 8:34 PM
I too had been away due to mostly lack of web connection(don't ask LOL). I too was amazed at the changes to the site...so much more modern feel to it. Some things are close to the same but it does seem to have quieted down in the rhetoric dept. but still plenty of free idea exchanges. Not sure 'bout the pay option but then I'm just a cheap ol' bastard..LOL WELCOME BACK ;)

falcondfw
Apr 23, 2012, 10:33 PM
Welcome back Bimind and Druid.

bicurcple
Apr 24, 2012, 12:05 AM
I too had been away due to mostly lack of web connection(don't ask LOL). I too was amazed at the changes to the site...so much more modern feel to it. Some things are close to the same but it does seem to have quieted down in the rhetoric dept. but still plenty of free idea exchanges. Not sure 'bout the pay option but then I'm just a cheap ol' bastard..LOL WELCOME BACK ;)
We like the new look but not really happy with the "pay to play" option. We are not old but still cheap......not much for free in life anymore!!:(

falcondfw
Apr 24, 2012, 3:07 AM
We like the new look but not really happy with the "pay to play" option. We are not old but still cheap......not much for free in life anymore!!:(

Agreed. There is not a lot in life that is free. As a web developer, I know that drew has taken a lot on to provide a free space for most of the issues we face. His charges are very small when compared to others. Drew does not force anyone. And if he asks for my skills as web developer, I would be more than happy to volunteer. It is your choice.