PDA

View Full Version : hi Im new

stickybun
Jun 12, 2006, 8:36 AM
Hello
im new to this site and to the thoughts of being bi. I have had underlying thoughts of being attarcted to women in more than a friendship way. I love my man, but want something more that he can give me. Im looking for a female friend/good friend who is of the same pursasion as me. i live in the uk north west manchester so im would like to know of anyone close to me who would like to become a good friend to start with then maybe more. please reply if you can help

thanks
anne :tongue:

Rhuth
Jun 12, 2006, 10:20 AM
Welcome Sticky!

:grouphug:

I'm sorry that I personally am not what you are looking for, but I am working on my first thread starting topic that might be of use to you. I was just going to lurk and read here when I first joined a week ago, but everyone is so friendly and I just had to start responding! Lol now they can't shut me up. :compuser: I hope you have as much fun here as I am having.

*smooch*
Rhuth

arana
Jun 12, 2006, 10:24 AM
Welcome Anne :rotate: I really hope you find what you are looking for. Come to chat and visit sometime.

And go for it Rhuth! It's always fun to see other peoples views on things. Sometimes we don't agree and sometimes we see things in a whole new light. If people didn't speak up it'd be very boring around here.

Driver 8
Jun 12, 2006, 10:29 AM
Probably your best help would be to put a profile on your account. You can look through the other profiles to get some ideas; Drew also has a thread about using the site personals (http://main.bisexual.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16) that might give you some tips.

littlerayofsunshine
Jun 12, 2006, 11:07 AM
Hi and welcome! I hope also that you find what you are looking for. This site is great and chock full of information, humor, insight and some great people.

wildangel
Jun 12, 2006, 12:34 PM
:bounce: WELCOME, ANNE!! :bounce:

I'm still relatively new myself, but I'm sure you'll fall in as quickly as Rhuth and I did!!

As for meeting people: there are tons of people here from across the pond. Try the personals or join us in chat some time. It's a great way to get to know people! Look forward to hearing more from you!

:angel: wildangel :angel:

onewhocares
Jun 12, 2006, 3:05 PM
Welcome Anne,

We are glad that you have come to visit the site and stay. This site is filled with so many interesting and kind people. People who can help you, listen to you, point you in the right direction. We are a community here, and we welcome you.

Belle

strawberry8302
Jun 12, 2006, 3:10 PM
Hello Anne, and Welcome! Bi Pride Here! :flag2:
Unfortunately, I do not live near you, but I'm sure you will find someone soon. Don't be afraid to express who you really are here, this site is a very homey place, you should feel right at home here. The people here are very kind, and feel free to share any information you may have with us. We welcome it. Good luck on your search, and stay safe! :bibounce:

julie
Jun 12, 2006, 5:59 PM
Hello
im new to this site and to the thoughts of being bi. I have had underlying thoughts of being attarcted to women in more than a friendship way. I love my man, but want something more that he can give me. Im looking for a female friend/good friend who is of the same pursasion as me. i live in the uk north west manchester so im would like to know of anyone close to me who would like to become a good friend to start with then maybe more. please reply if you can help

thanks
anne :tongue:

Hiya Anne and welcome
:bigrin:

I'm from Manchester U.K too and found http://biphoria.org.uk a great resource on all things bi.

All the info is in the link but basicly the support group meets up on the first Tuesday of each month. The group is led by 'softfruit' who is a member here as well as having been a bi-activist for the past 10 years or so..

The focus of the group is support and information sharing, rather than introductions. This helps make it a safer space for those of us just trying to make sense of our newfound sexual orientation, rather than being plunged directly into the 'dating deep end' as it were :rolleyes:

Biphoria also has loads of social events too though.. and a diverse group of bisexual folk regularly go along.. quite a few folk from bisexual.com have found their way over there too... including happyjoe1968, roobi and syllopsium...

hope this info is helpful?

grins Julie :female:

canuckotter
Jun 12, 2006, 6:35 PM
I was just going to lurk and read here when I first joined a week ago, but everyone is so friendly and I just had to start responding! Lol now they can't shut me up. :compuser:
It's true! We've tried getting her too drunk to talk, tickling her, poking her, even gagging her, and she just keeps talking! :tong: j/k Rhuth, it was too easy to resist. :) Although tickling you does sound like fun, but that's just because I'm a wee bit evil. :tongue:

Anyway, welcome to the site stickybun! You've probably already noticed that this site is filled with frighteningly friendly folks. I'd say they don't bite, but that's not true -- you just have to ask them nicely. :bigrin:

And now that I've proven I'm an idiot tonight, I'll go away and leave you in peace. ;)