PDA

View Full Version : What would you attempt to do?

welickit
Apr 10, 2012, 5:28 PM
A friend of ours has a plain little sign with no frame around it.

What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail

Everyone who goes there sees it and it makes a fun conversation piece.

What would you do?

(Don't bother picking it apart just give an answer. We already know about attempt & could not fail)

I would get my private pilots license, fixed and rotary.

by~his~side
Apr 10, 2012, 7:51 PM
Very cool thread, Welickit!

I would go for a swim in the ocean.
In 46 years I have never swam in the ocean.
As a child I spent my summers at my grandfathers in Cape May.
Isn't that sad?:(

~D~

biblkman
Apr 10, 2012, 8:20 PM
I would fly...I'm 36 an never been on a plain, deathly afraid! If I knew I would not fail ( crash & burn ) I would.

biblkman
Apr 10, 2012, 8:21 PM
I meant plane, damn auto insert!

Long Duck Dong
Apr 10, 2012, 9:34 PM
I would forgive myself

pepperjack
Apr 10, 2012, 11:00 PM
I would forgive myself

Profound! Very human; speaks volumes.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Apr 10, 2012, 11:13 PM
1. Go back in time to try to set something right that went horribly wrong, and fix it.
2. Go back to work for the VA.
3. Fall in love again.
4. Tell Antonio Bandares that I want to pounce on his face a wiggle....snicker.
5. Say the same to Catherine Zeta-Jones...lol

DuckiesDarling
Apr 10, 2012, 11:53 PM
Stop being afraid.

darkeyes
Apr 11, 2012, 5:06 AM
*Thinks rude and naughty thoughts....;)*

Seriously.. where is the challenge in knowing we won't fail? Actually, I know a number of people who have known they would not fail in their main goal in life... ahhh the children of nepotism are many..

Fresia
Apr 11, 2012, 7:36 AM
This thread lasted 8 posts without the inevitable "thread debate"
And he prefaced it by saying "Don't bother picking it apart"

cbj4162
Apr 11, 2012, 8:44 AM
how about this idea ...... what would you do if you knew you would fail?

Long Duck Dong
Apr 11, 2012, 9:01 AM

lol, honestly.... I would try to keep breathing one day longer.....

its a long story....

darkeyes
Apr 11, 2012, 9:20 AM
Have never accepted the premise that failure is inevitable..

Gearbox
Apr 11, 2012, 2:03 PM
Have never accepted the premise that failure is inevitable..
Really? I want to shag K.D Lang.:tongue:

darkeyes
Apr 11, 2012, 2:40 PM
Really? I want to shag K.D Lang.:tongue: I'm sayin nowt bout wot I wanna do 2 Katie Melua... a certain naggy person wud rip me head of if me even tried...

Gearbox
Apr 11, 2012, 3:12 PM
I'm sayin nowt bout wot I wanna do 2 Katie Melua... a certain naggy person wud rip me head of if me even tried...
Oh God yes, and her! And The Rock as my bitch.:tongue:

I won't tell 'you know who' if you don't tell The Rock I said that!lol

12voltman59
Apr 11, 2012, 3:13 PM
I am actually starting to go a new direction---I am in the process of learning how to do the various aspect of video production----right now learning how to use cameras again---both those used "in the field" and in studios along with studio control equipment; learning how to use editing suite software and related equipment.

I am going to start by doing "community productions" doing some stuff of a journalistic nature and also am already working on the prelims to create a short fiction film---that when done---would submit to the various film festivals they have just for short films---if it came out good enough for a first work based on the response---maybe even submit it to short films parts of the big film festivals like Sundance and Tribeca.

On that one--not even going to shoot it till early next year during the winter months since that is when I want it set--right now I am just doing research on the topic and learning how to do up a script and other pre-production stuff. In the meantime for work of that sort---I am working with a few others who are doing their own short films---with short films of this sort--they tend to run between ten to 15 minutes in length--we have had a few others from here who on their first or second works--did get them into some of the big film festivals and won awards at both the smaller ones and the big Kahunas like Sundance, so it is doable---just got to do it right and I am going to it that way. No sense in putting in all that work to do it any other way.

I am very soon going to purchase a pretty good Panasonic HD cam, but wow--I sure as hell gotta figure out how to swing getting one of the RED cameras----those things are FREAKING AWESOME!! But wow---they also run BIG bucks when you get them all set up to the way you want them!!!

Basically to get into "film" and video really just is making use of other skills I have acquired along the way and sort of putting them all together. It is actually a great time for independent producers to get into this field--I would urge anyone else who feels they might want to go that way---to try it out---check to see if your area has formed an organization that promotes film and video production---we have several of them in our area now and I have joined one of them---between that and local access television production--we have a good basis to learn the ropes in those areas without having to take the time or pay big bucks to go to film school.

Maybe in a few years---I can be working on a script on bisexuality and work towards making a high quality independent film on the subject that if good enough--becomes a breakout hit like last year's "Winter's Bone" came to be. That is a good indie film that if you haven't seen it yet---it might be worth your while to do so.

When it comes to having some failures---I am sure I will have my share of fuckups---but with something worthwhile---you can learn things even from your mess ups--so I hope and can figure that I will have plenty of failures.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Apr 11, 2012, 8:27 PM
If it were within my power, the first three would be a Without Fail thing. I dont like the word attempt; attempt means it has options for failure, and I dont like failure.
Another thing I'd do is go kick the Commander-in-Chief squarely in the nuts and go, "Ok, now go seek health care for That, to be in intense pain and be told "There's nuthin' we can do for ya. Under our current health care program all we're authorized to do is give you a bandaid and a zip lock baggie full of ice. Deal with it. "and see how it feels.

Sorry Loves, bad day....:(
Yer Cat

nutme
Apr 11, 2012, 9:04 PM
Go to Stamford Law and become the attorney my mother wanted of me.

pepperjack
Apr 11, 2012, 9:12 PM
Rejoin the LDS Church & remarry.

nutme
Apr 11, 2012, 9:13 PM
This thread lasted 8 posts without the inevitable "thread debate"
And he prefaced it by saying "Don't bother picking it apart"

YEP! Never fails.

FunE1
Apr 11, 2012, 10:38 PM
I'd start a thread on Bisexual.com that didn't devolve into a "thread debate".

heheheheheh...

seriously, though.... I'd do stand-up comedy.

tenni
Apr 12, 2012, 12:57 AM
Fly through the air naked and be able to grow a down cover when chilled immediately upon thinking of covering up. Swoop down and pick up a lover in my arms making passionate love as we pass by stars. :love87:

Bisexual Explorer
Apr 12, 2012, 5:59 AM
Take all my savings, mortgage my house, go to Atlantic City and bet everything on number 25. Then take the millions (after taxes), repay the mortgage, put the savings back, buy a big old house on Maryland's Eastern Shore, and invite everyone on this website to the biggest bisexual orgy in history.
Bisexual Explorer (formerly known as gsp156)

swmnkdinthervr
Apr 12, 2012, 7:00 AM
I would immediately make GOOD ethics, greed awareness, bigotry and compassion mandatory study starting in 1st grade. While we're fantasizing I would compel ALL politicians and CEO's to practice absolute honesty.

Plumhead2
Apr 12, 2012, 8:18 AM
I would become a filmmaker and tell stories that help lift up the conscience of the world. I didn't do that when I was younger because I wanted a job that would give me security (ah the innocence of youth!) and I was afraid that I wouldn't make it as a filmmaker. I was "risk adverse". If I knew I wouldn't fail, I would have taken the journey to become a filmmaker. Or if I really knew I couldn't fail, I would become a medical inventor and invent a way of making cocks bigger! LOL

sammie19
Apr 12, 2012, 10:19 AM
I'd make the world a place of free spirits who lived happily, prosperously and safely.

ralphr6907
Apr 12, 2012, 12:04 PM
Profound! Very human; speaks volumes.
Very profound! Well said and I would like to do the same...

darkeyes
Apr 12, 2012, 12:23 PM
I'd make the world a place of free spirits who lived happily, prosperously and safely.
Lil Sam.. always wanting the best for peeps.. this ole world of ours is hard for u at times innit?:confused: I'd magic away the blues if I could babes:)