PDA

View Full Version : Abusiveness

void()
Apr 9, 2012, 8:35 AM
Anyone whom has felt that I have been abusive, consider this your apology. I will not be posting nor visiting the site in great frequency any longer. I may in fact begin limiting visits to once a month.

Because it was pointed out I may be being abusive, as well as other factors, I will fade away. Even if I was not abusive, the perception of it exists. I do not desire even the perception to exist.

It was nice to socialize a bit with some like minded people over the past decade. Clear that everything changes, myself as well as the age. Even if it was nice to socialize, the age and changes make it no longer nice.

My fading away is not caused by any one person or idea directly. It does harken unto me taking personal responsibility. I can control my reactions to what occurs here and elsewhere.

Tolerance may only let us travel so far. A chasm still blocks the path. When bridges one builds keep collapsing, one grows weary.

I will no longer kick dead horses. If it sounds as though I am throwing out the baby too, so be it. You get enough dead babes in stagnate bath water, try being receptive.

Noting this feeling in me, I chose to not be around to react. This eliminates even perception of abusiveness. I'm not here, ergo, I cannot be being abusive.

Realist
Apr 9, 2012, 8:44 AM
Sorry to see you go, Void.

I don't remember seeing anything abusive from you and have enjoyed your posts.......even though I didn't understand some of them. It was interesting trying to figure out your thought process and determine what you meant to convey.

We're all on a journey and hope where ever you go it takes you where you need to be.

Peace!

tenni
Apr 9, 2012, 8:51 AM
I wish you well Void. I wish you happiness.

I didn't see you as abusive.

I do see you in growing competition with Cher for farewell tours though ;) (partially kid'n.) Its ok if you want to make what I think is at least your third farewell statement.

Bi.com can be like chocolate for some of us..hard to give up.

Long Duck Dong
Apr 9, 2012, 9:10 AM
void, many times you have reminded me of a shaman that is on a journey to who knows where, but sharing your wisdom and understanding along the way..... and in a way, as I have said a few times, your posts have been interesting, thought provoking and at times so obscure enuf to make perfect sense and really get me seeing things in a new light.....

the native american indians say that he who speaks with the seasons, flies with the eagles and runs with the wolves, doesn't live in a teepee, and that is why he is a wise man amongst his people.......

its people like you, that they talk about...... and the world is a better place cos of people like you

hugs

falcondfw
Apr 9, 2012, 9:44 AM
Void,
Whoever has seen you as abusive is daft in the head. I have never seen an abusive post from you and have enjoyed your posts. I am sad to see you cut back on your visits. I wish you the best always.

DuckiesDarling
Apr 9, 2012, 9:46 AM
{{{{{Void}}}}}}}, sometimes the way we want to express ourselves doesn't come off so well in places like forums but I truly didn't see any abusiveness from you, definitely not any intended abusiveness or malice. Hugs ya tight and I look forward to your return visits. You always post in ways that make me think, even if I don't agree with somethings, it makes me think. As you told me once, I return the statement to you. Continue being you.

void()
Apr 9, 2012, 1:11 PM
Void thanks everyone for their kind words and wishes everyone the best. He may visit briefly in a month.

-- Editors

Herculoid Poirot
Apr 9, 2012, 8:12 PM
It's a pretty strange world, and you help keep it that way. You'll be missed.

dafydd
Apr 19, 2012, 2:04 AM
Come back u big drama queen. We need thinkers (and agitators). You were 1 of the few people on this site I could actually picture existing in reality as stated.

jem_is_bi
Apr 19, 2012, 9:38 PM
Abusive? Did you threaten to harm anyone? Otherwise, so what, do what you feel is right.
I think some are overly sensitive and should consider what they post if they do not want to be criticized. If I post an opinion, I can take the flack it generates. Hopefully, their comments will help keep me from becoming a righteous ass and spur me to incorporate in my beliefs those reasonable opinions of what others feel is right.
Show up when you want, say what you think needs to be said.

pepperjack
Apr 19, 2012, 11:39 PM
Come back u big drama queen. We need thinkers (and agitators). You were 1 of the few people on this site I could actually picture existing in reality as stated.

You must be bored & hard-up for entertainment.:rolleyes:

12voltman59
Apr 20, 2012, 7:54 PM
I had missed this thread when it first came up--I too say Void--while I also don't quite always get your points, at least not until I go through things a few times--do come back--I know how it gets sometimes--I have had my times of just saying I am done here--but for whatever reason--I just keep coming back--sort of like Al Pacino as Michael Coreleone in the third (and pretty crappy in comparison to the first two) film in the Godfather series: "They keep on pulling me back in!!"

I do like your contributions to the ongoing conversations we have here and would miss them if they go.

void()
Apr 20, 2012, 9:17 PM
No, I did not threaten anyone. Do not have a desire to threaten anyone. Conversation though, seemed to have degraded severely.

Chose to isolate rather than race to the bottom. Felt that was the course being followed, too. I will resume further isolation momentarily.

We are doing okay here. I have been writing a bit, as well as getting outdoors for seasonal activities. Not been paying any real attention to any media aside from some music, a few shows streamed via Netflix.

Andy Griffith Show, Mission Impossible (original series), Leave it to Beaver, Murder She Wrote, Warehouse 13 are the shows and music has started being classical, or mellow jazz.

Seems I can do fine without static. Everyone be safe. If you're happy and not hurting anyone, I'm happy for you. If otherwise, please consider being happy without harming anyone. And no, I am not criticizing. That is not my job. I am not a critic. The proceeding was merely a friendly suggestion you may take, or leave.

Well, I should be getting back to living. Best wishes to all.

pepperjack
Apr 20, 2012, 10:08 PM
No, I did not threaten anyone. Do not have a desire to threaten anyone. Conversation though, seemed to have degraded severely.

Chose to isolate rather than race to the bottom. Felt that was the course being followed, too. I will resume further isolation momentarily.

We are doing okay here. I have been writing a bit, as well as getting outdoors for seasonal activities. Not been paying any real attention to any media aside from some music, a few shows streamed via Netflix.

Andy Griffith Show, Mission Impossible (original series), Leave it to Beaver, Murder She Wrote, Warehouse 13 are the shows and music has started being classical, or mellow jazz.

Seems I can do fine without static. Everyone be safe. If you're happy and not hurting anyone, I'm happy for you. If otherwise, please consider being happy without harming anyone. And no, I am not criticizing. That is not my job. I am not a critic. The proceeding was merely a friendly suggestion you may take, or leave.

Well, I should be getting back to living. Best wishes to all.

I like the current Void, a peaceful one enjoying life as opposed to being an "agitator." Also know how therapeutic Andy Griffith re-runs can be; great catharsis . Also used to enjoy Peter Graves of MIF, brother of James Arness of Gunsmoke. Have recently discovered the power of munching on celery on a regular basis to significantly lower blood pressure. Just opinions...mine of which I know you don't care for...take or leave.:)

void()
Apr 21, 2012, 1:40 AM
I like the current Void, a peaceful one enjoying life as opposed to being an "agitator." Also know how therapeutic Andy Griffith re-runs can be; great catharsis . Also used to enjoy Peter Graves of MIF, brother of James Arness of Gunsmoke. Have recently discovered the power of munching on celery on a regular basis to significantly lower blood pressure. Just opinions...mine of which I know you don't care for...take or leave.:)

You may view this response as agitation if you choose. It is not intended to be agitation, rather an assertive statement. I too had and still have opinions.

There are some opinions, I feel worth merit. There are also other opinions, I feel have no value. People should be free to discuss opinions, because opinions may be formulated from, or formulate ideas.

People cannot be free to have such discussion of opinions, ideas here though. The reason that freedom ceases being is due to disrespect. Neither you, I, nor anyone here are the centers of the Internet, the world, country, state, city or universe.

But people forget this. They desire being the center, the be all, end all. Sorry, I do not play that game.

What does that mean? It means if we discuss opinions, someone will ultimately seek to be the "best". Once that person chimes in on the conversation, the conversation reverts to pissing wars. These lead to disrespect.

Frankly, I have never claimed being perfect, the best, the only. I am fortunate at times in managing waking, much less being correct about anything. What I am though, is brutally honest, brutally lacking in tact, direct, mildly apish masculine, mildly subtle feminine. I'm human, surprise of surprises.

It hurts when others disrespect my opinions. I am sure it hurts if I disrespect the opinions of others, too. I may be slightly physically masochistic, emotionally, well at times I shut off emotionally. I rather bear nor bore pain, to anyone, self inclusive.

Shutting off emotionally is not fun. It excludes love, joy. Also makes it difficult to remember being human. I don't care to do it but at times it is the better course. More so in face of rampant disrespect.

Now, if you think this has been agitation or drama, so you think. I have only stated my point of view. Had some time for considering it. And no, I'm not really back here yet.

void()
Dec 30, 2013, 12:43 PM
Seems I am back a bit. Still feel much of the same as the last posting in response to pepperjack.
And I find that is okay, too. I still "hover" as far as threads go. Still keep control of responses,
reactions. That's okay, as well.

pepper, I find garlic helpful for blood pressure as well. I have started a diet of mostly
starches, veggies, nuts. Meat is a rare treat for me. Wife keeps foisting meat at me. *chuckles*
Also like time outside, either just to walk round the bottom a few laps or piddle at odd
jobs.

The "bottom" is roughly 3 acres, which breaks to a quarter mile round it. I take
spells, one week two laps, next week four done each day. All depends on weather &
pain factors. I sometimes push through, sometimes not. Eventually I would like to do
twenty laps in a day, would equate to five miles.

Well, talked out for now.

joavi
Dec 30, 2013, 1:08 PM
Havent' seen any messages that I saw as abusive

vittoria
Dec 30, 2013, 1:32 PM
*HUGS* void()!!! You're one of the many people I've never had to ignore because you are so entertaining and thought provoking :-) Hope to chat again sometime... missed ya! You can always PM me you know!

Shrubbery!!!

**Peg**
Dec 30, 2013, 6:22 PM
what Vitt said, Ben

elian
Dec 30, 2013, 8:52 PM
I'm hard pressed to find any message that was intentionally abusive, I know that several of the threads lately have been sort of "on edge" or about edgier topics.. (hugs)

jem_is_bi
Dec 30, 2013, 11:52 PM
Your a little weird at times but never abusive.
A little weird is just fine with me.
I wish I had the opportunity be that way more than I do, but, my job gets in the way.

void()
Dec 31, 2013, 11:06 AM
I'm hard pressed to find any message that was intentionally abusive, I know that several of the threads lately have been sort of "on edge" or about edgier topics.. (hugs)

(hug) Yes, I know some have been edgy. Again though, didn't see them as offensive myself.
I replied in some. Did not reply in others. And you know my feelings regarding abuse.

Sometimes, I just muse and wonder, letting the mind wander. Sorry. Hope you can
get through the day without touching. *blushing grin*

void()
Dec 31, 2013, 11:16 AM
*HUGS* void()!!! You're one of the many people I've never had to ignore because you are so entertaining and thought provoking :-) Hope to chat again sometime... missed ya! You can always PM me you know!

Shrubbery!!!

I am glad folks can get spurred to think. At times I think, thinking has been made
illegal, immoral, seriously a terrible thing as so few seem to think. Growing up one
of my history teachers challenged his students to think, by also teaching us to
think.

His father was an orthodox Jew, he had gone atheist. In his class, he
swapped from the government's grading system to his own. I was lucky to
attain a C for a six week's average. Did it by a twenty five page report on
the Jewish mystic influence on Nazism, with him writing in research pointers
in the margins, handing it back and saying "more?" Think that paper deserved
a B from him. He graded hard, we actually had to earn the grades.

At any given, glad folks still think. Provides me some hope. And yes, I
understand Socrates' admonishment. "Those whom dine on hope, will
starve." Been hungry a long, long while. :) Such is life. *shrugs*

"Life's a piece of shit,
When you look at it.
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show,
Keep 'em laughing as you go.
Just remember that the last laugh is on you."

tenni
Dec 31, 2013, 1:22 PM
Interesting bringing back a thread on an apology for abusiveness where a statement was made about not posting as well. I checked and even more curious there has not been a month where Void has not posted multi times since April 9, 2012????

Oh, well, "I will apologize if this offends anyone as that is not my intent". Curious.

pepperjack
Dec 31, 2013, 9:19 PM
Yes, curious, but then if one is discerning & rooted in reality, actually not so. Too much " pot-calling-the-kettle black " double standard hypocrisy here. Have an alternative "ignore button;" it's called, ' log out,' tune-out, & don't visit this " time suck" for lengthy periods unless extremely bored!

void()
Jan 1, 2014, 4:23 PM
Yes, curious, but then if one is discerning & rooted in reality, actually not so. Too much " pot-calling-the-kettle black " double standard hypocrisy here. Have an alternative "ignore button;" it's called, ' log out,' tune-out, & don't visit this " time suck" for lengthy periods unless extremely bored!

For tenni as well, in my defense I often find myself "extremely bored". And I find it rather
curious you, tenni, would actually be concerned over my posting frequency. As for recycling
a thread, it's merely a matter of personal convenience, and some congruence of thought on
my part. I note there are quite a few threads addressing similar issue/s, "abuse" in one form
or another.

It seems logical, sensible to reuse a thread for general discussion. It also limits "abuse" in
not creating a new thread. In fact, often consider the consolidation of all threads which
originate from me. Although now, suppose one could simply use the blogs on site. Not really
one to fancy such format as it seems imply a more strict regimen, obligation to post with
determined frequency.

As I post when "bored" and only usually in response to promptings from other threads,
such a format does not resonate. If that's causing a problem for anyone, that I am taking
control of these missives, responsibility, no apologies. A fellow writer once explained something
to me. "Write! Don't worry about offending. Even should you write the blandest thing, someone
will be offended."

I have experienced this "axiom" as indeed a truth. I'll be as responsible, and do as best able, but
also refuse to apologize further if someone gets in a "snit" over something I write. I have my problems,
enough even without voicing any view. That should not though disqualify or mean I cannot express a
view/s. Can think of much more what ought to disqualify others from expressing view/s, such as blatant
stupidity. And yes, I recall it seems you were pushing the envelope in that regard in recent times, tenni.

At one point, pepper and I were at odds. We had some heated discussion. I still respected him
though. He was not stupid enough to consider me stupid, and in a sense that was him granting
me respect. He thinks differently than I. But there are also things we think alike about. I'm now
at a point where I do not feel on a verge of being abusive toward pepper. Yes, at one point I
felt like getting rather nasty toward him.

I took a bit of time, took responsibility, took a different perspective. Realized it was okay
to think differently, to have other views. Not sure what yours are exactly tenni, aside from
some obvious jingoism. Guess that's okay too.

pepperjack
Jan 1, 2014, 6:39 PM
:smilies15:smilies15:smilies15:smilies15:smilies15 :smilies15 nice to know some things are constant as we move into a new year!

void()
Jan 2, 2014, 11:25 AM
:smilies15:smilies15:smilies15:smilies15:smilies15 :smilies15 nice to know some things are constant as we move into a new year!

ROFLMAO!!!!

Actually, a lot has changed, at least inside for me. Starting to realize my expression
of "graves don't care" is a livable philosophy. If that seems morbid, so it is.

I agree with a great deal a father-in-law posits. A few things he and I disagree on.
We always shrug, grunt at one another and walk off. We've agreed to disagree.

There's no war in that. Then, we come back together to do stuff for family.
We work damn well together, save for my slipping at times, even then we manage
to do well enough.

Finding I honestly need a hearing aid. The common expression from my wife is
"huh? whaut? Pick out the cotton you mangy rebel." Anyway ... *shaking head*
I got stuff and am half talked out. Run 'er slow.