PDA

View Full Version : Trumped on Beauty Pagent....

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Apr 4, 2012, 4:46 AM
This would be cool if it were actually allowed to happen. You GO Girl! :}
Cat

http://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-transgender-hopeful-enter-pageant-235630531.html (http://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-transgender-hopeful-enter-pageant-235630531.html)

Long Duck Dong
Apr 4, 2012, 5:01 AM
lol I am going to stir the pot here..... she is entering the Miss Universe contest..... but she enters trans pageants.......

that is like playing both sides of the fence, as on one hand she is proclaiming that she is a woman, and thats fine.... but using the trans aspect as well for her own benefit and gain...... and kinda makes a mockery of her whole stance that she is a woman treat her like one....

yes it sounds catty ( sorry cat, gives you a hug ) but to me, that is like saying do not discriminate against me as a trans person cos I am a woman, but when it suits me, I will use the trans aspect and use it proudly, but do not see me as a trans person....

sorry, it may be a victory in peoples eyes, but to me, its double standards used by a person for their own gain... and I would have more support and respect for a person that was trans that did not play both sides of the field

The Bisexual Virgin
Apr 4, 2012, 10:34 AM
lol I am going to stir the pot here..... she is entering the Miss Universe contest..... but she enters trans pageants.......

that is like playing both sides of the fence, as on one hand she is proclaiming that she is a woman, and thats fine.... but using the trans aspect as well for her own benefit and gain...... and kinda makes a mockery of her whole stance that she is a woman treat her like one....

yes it sounds catty ( sorry cat, gives you a hug ) but to me, that is like saying do not discriminate against me as a trans person cos I am a woman, but when it suits me, I will use the trans aspect and use it proudly, but do not see me as a trans person....

sorry, it may be a victory in peoples eyes, but to me, its double standards used by a person for their own gain... and I would have more support and respect for a person that was trans that did not play both sides of the field

I completely agree. This whole ordeal is fucking stupid, that she would dare to make a big deal out of this. She is able to compete in Shemale pageants, but yet a regular female can't? are you kidding me? Another thing that bothers me, is why would she get Donald Trump involved because people don't agree with her, not everyone have to agree with the LB-GT agenda. I don't see this as a victory I see this as another person whining, about how they get unfairly treated, but yet have their own hypocrisy.

Another I would like to say is, do anyone still watch the Miss Universe Pageant? That thing became dull to me in 2006. Maybe that's why Donald bend to the Tran sexual view point, to get more ratings.

nutme
Apr 4, 2012, 11:26 AM
I completely agree. This whole ordeal is fucking stupid, that she would dare to make a big deal out of this. She is able to compete in Shemale pageants, but yet a regular female can't? are you kidding me? Another thing that bothers me, is why would she get Donald Trump involved because people don't agree with her, not everyone have to agree with the LB-GT agenda. I don't see this as a victory I see this as another person whining, about how they get unfairly treated, but yet have their own hypocrisy.

Another I would like to say is, do anyone still watch the Miss Universe Pageant? That thing became dull to me in 2006. Maybe that's why Donald bend to the Tran sexual view point, to get more ratings.

TOTALLY AGREE

DuckiesDarling
Apr 4, 2012, 4:16 PM
What will amuse me is what is going to happen if this person is allowed to enter and doesn't win... will they scream it's discrimination? Perhaps they should just not hold the pageant and hand over the title as it seems they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Gearbox
Apr 4, 2012, 8:41 PM
"I do not want any other woman to suffer the discrimination that I have endured," Talackova said.
Maybe she's off to campaign about trans beauty contests too, that are equally discriminating to women?
You never know!!! She might be a nice lady who's nothing like what some assume her to be.:bowdown:

tenni
Apr 4, 2012, 9:16 PM
Much of this recent postings was mentioned in an earlier thread on the same issue. As I understand it, she is still at the national level of competition. Canada has not picked her to represent Canada in the Miss Universe.

I stated previously about the beauty contest for transsexuals. I agree that there is an issue there. Perhaps she was not considering the "regular" beauty pagent at the time that she entered the transwoman contest. She therefore, is not the best transwoman to put forth this argument imo. However, she is now at the first level of the competition. I suspect that her challenge would have won the court case in Canada which would have put more of a problem for the Trump competition.

æonpax
Apr 4, 2012, 10:10 PM
Beauty pageants are sexist anyways.