PDA

View Full Version : inconsiderate to the folks who have been here..

Kevinc140
Apr 3, 2012, 11:44 PM
I have been members of paid sites and thought they were missing elements of what real sites were. Before the upgrade I have been a loyal member, brought people here from other sites, etc. Now the MUCH NEEDED upgrade came, applause! But now you are limiting your loyal members. Pay or else... I get it, you need to make some money, hell I am a web designer, I get it. but throwing that in without notice sucks. You need to make money on the newbies and keep us old heads cause without us, the newbies won't stay. ... just sayin...:yikes2:

axlton
Apr 4, 2012, 12:02 AM
Actually this was first mentioned over a month ago right here... http://www.bisexual.com/forum/showthread.php?12618-Disappearing-Threads
and it's been discussed quite a bit in the forums. It's not exactly pay or else either, I doubt the changes drew made will have much affect the majority of users, myself included.

Long Duck Dong
Apr 4, 2012, 12:07 AM
the trouble with that is that drew mentioned the changes coming, for a number of months...... he even held a site survey asking what members wanting etc and did talk about adding a fanclubs of bisexual option

I am really not sure if it is cos I paid attention to the site and what drew was posting and others didn't..... but there was ample chance for people to have a input in the site they have come to love..... and saying that drew threw it in without notice, is wildly incorrect...

sure I am a fanclub member, but I barely ever use the chat room, I am not a profile surfer and nor am I here to hook up... so most of the benefits from being a fan club member will not apply to me... however drew said that the income will go back into the site and help making it better for the members and that is what I paid most attention to...... cos I can not think of a better way of saying thank you to all the people that have helped me over the years I have been here, than to help keep the site going for them and many others......

welickit
Apr 4, 2012, 9:50 AM
Correct LDD, this was brought to light on the old site months ago. Maybe Drew should see if he can dig out the post and the survey and pin it on the main page for those who didn't bother giving input back then.