PDA

View Full Version : Is it that uncommon?

vertville
Jun 12, 2005, 10:23 PM
I've spent about an hour and a half on this site and have yet to find any posts by a fully bisexual couple. Is it that uncommon? The majority of couples posting here seem to be one straight and one bisexual partner, with the straight partner perhaps supportive but fairly unwilling to participate in bisexuality themselves.

My boyfriend and I are both bisexual, and I was hoping to find other bisexual couples here. Truthfully, I had no idea that I was bisexual until my partner and I were together, but I found his sexuality and how it pervades his personality so enticing that I found myself increasingly bi-curious. Now with a bit of experience behind me, we know we are both bisexual and loving it. Am I just not finding the right section of the site?

Thanks,

vertville

sexy couple
Jun 13, 2005, 3:32 AM
We too have found it hard to find other bi couples where both partners are bi curious or bisexual. We have enjoyed chatting with a lot of singles as well as couples where only one partner was looking (apart from their companion). We appreciate that we can both share our desires openly with one another. We have not yet had our first experience; we want to be with another couple, and have found it challenging as yet to find a like minded couple.

hypershot
Jun 13, 2005, 3:44 AM
I think it is rather uncommon. Even though there are great chat sites out there like this one, and the Bi community is growing, many Bi people are'nt ready to settle down and when they do find the person the want to be with forever, more often than not, they won't be bi themselves.

What I'm trying to say is, there's not many bi people in the world (even though we wish there was) and a lot of people just aren't ready or are unable to find a like minded person that they love. That's probably why there are so few Bi-couples around.

Thanks for listening,

Love Chris

xXx

cutebi1975
Jun 13, 2005, 6:22 AM
I'm one half of a bi couple, but my hubby isn't 'active' as such. Yeah sure, he may pull in a gay club, have a fling that night and never see them again, but he's not fussed about it really. That's his choice, i've always said i don't mind him having boyfriends.
I don't know if it's an uncommon thing, it's always seemed that the more active one in a bi couple is the male, but maybe it's the sites i go to hehe. I've also found that those couples where the male is straight but female is bi, are looking more for threesomes than anything else..which just gets my goat! Half the reason why my hubby doesn't want to be too active on the internet dating front is cos he never wants to be tagged as one of those men. You know the ones, there can be a mff threesome cos HE'S allowed to, but NO mmf or *shock horror* a mmff, cos he claims HE'S man enough for his girlfriend. Never mind the fact that he gets his jollies with another woman but far be it from me to point out that glaring error.
Oops, sorry there was a bit of a rant there!! What i'm saying is that perhaps many here ARE part of a bi couple, but their partner (just like mine) isn't greatly active in the bi world, cos they don't want to get pegged as just another couple looking for threesomes.

jazzer
Jun 13, 2005, 4:47 PM
Hi guys hope you can find what you are looking for. Although we were an older couple starting out, we initially hoped to find a couple where the guy was bi or bicurious and the woman straight, as I am bi and my wife is straight. Our experience in Australia was that when we found couples the guy was straight and the woman bi or they were both straight or the couple was totally bi. We never found what we were looking for with a couple, so we settled for a guy who was bi to join us in a MMF threesome. This has worked really well for us and my wife loves them. Although she would love to see me with another woman, she just didn't want to play with another female and I respect that. I think you will eventually find a bi couple just keep trying as we found several. Cheers Jazzer

raingrrl
Jun 13, 2005, 7:26 PM
I have been with a couple of guys who loved the fact that I was bisexual and would usually try to pry for some of the details of those relationships... I normally would counter offering to give a similar detailed account of sexual relations between me and my last male partner... none of which they seemed to be amused with...

It is interesting because my best friends and I had this talk the other day. .it seems to be very acceptable to have a woman being bi-curious as it goes along with a lot of the mainstream male fantasy of two women.. bisexual women are cool because of the off chance the lone male would get to join.

The last guy I was with also told me that he would be ok with me sleeping with another woman, because it was "something that he couldn't provide" . i asked some other of my male friends, and they also agreed with my then b/f's statement. I rolled my eyes and said that what they really meant was that he was hoping that I would let him in on the session.. They all looked sheepish and conceded to the point.

to me, they missed the point of my sexuality completely... I always got the impression that they found it to be somewhat thrilling and exciting and that my being bisexual was fashionable dangerous... which in turn made me sexually desirable..

We all have a myriad of ways of defining our sexuality, but for me personally, I'm not missing something if I am only sleeping with one gender..I'm attracted to the person and not what falls or lays between their legs.. nonmonogamy has nothing to do with my sexuality, it is something completely separate, and in my experiences, some people tend to confuse the two.

bigregory
Jun 13, 2005, 10:12 PM
We all have a myriad of ways of defining our sexuality, but for me personally, I'm not missing something if I am only sleeping with one gender..I'm attracted to the person and not what falls or lays between their legs.. nonmonogamy has nothing to do with my sexuality, it is something completely separate, and in my experiences, some people tend to confuse the two.[/QUOTE]
Ok BI couple here /almost
thing is 1 of us are afraid to come out
its not me..
as per the question of bi couples ..
well some do some dont i guess
some want but dont
i guess if your to shy or afraid well it wont happen even if its your wildest dream.
my wife is ready and willing as soon as we get the kids out of the house and she goes out of mommy mode (QUOTE)
i cant wait lol
i like to think every 1 is bi but i know its only 99% of the ppl. :tongue: :tongue:

SC_CPL
Jun 13, 2005, 10:49 PM
I guess that we must be uncommon also. We are both Bi and live in SC, Both enjoy MM/FF compainionship. It is hard to find couples to enjoy sex openly, but have found a few. Just keep on looking and make sure you post that you both are Bi. If you do they will find you.

Richard and Kathleen

teraspecter
Jun 21, 2005, 10:42 AM
I'm trying to establish a reputation on this site as the guy that manages to blame everything on our patriarchal society, so here goes...

Your difficulty finding a couple where both are bi is definitely the result of our patriarchal society. In a society where a man's worth is based on the superficial and his supposed sexual prowess, having a woman is like having a trophy. In that light, its no leap in logic that the man with the most trophies is obviously the best.

I respect a man who has a bisexual girlfriend and genuinely has experimented and decided that he's not bi himself. I know very few guys like that, however. Most guys I see with bi girlfriends are pretty homophobic themselves, which really fucking irritates me. I don't think anyone deserves something from their partner that they aren't willing to give of themselves.

I can't stand it when a man "convinces" his wife that she's bi and they end up having a threesome and she hates it because she isnt really bi at all.

Anyways, to make an already long post short, I think the reason its so hard to find couples where both are bi is because not everyone is ready to be that open-minded. It's society's fault, I tell you :)

mobicpl69
Jul 2, 2005, 9:26 PM
We are both 100% totally super bisexual. And we will agree we wish there were more couples like us. But here the fact....bisexual couple are few and far between and that is what makes us so special and unique. It is like they say if you are not bisexual than you are missing half the fun. :male: :female:

Bum_Ditty
Jul 3, 2005, 1:25 AM
I'm not especially "out," and even if I were, I suspect that my personality would remain much the same as it is at this writing (it has for the last thirty-odd years); that is to say, I would probably not go out much or get involved with others besides those with whom I am already intimately involved. I therefore am perhaps rather badly misinformed/uninformed about such matters as the commonality or vice versa of bisexual x bisexual pairings. I have heard from sources other than this web that such are not unheard of, but that they do tend to be few.

I do know that I had the incredible luck to stumble (almost literally) over an angel of a girl in the mid-1980's who not only shared my own interests (beyond the sexual), but was also just coming out as a lesbian -- she finally decided she was more bi than lesbian (I'm not sure how that works, and I hope it wasnt merely because I came out to her as bi) -- We dated several times, and nearly got serious.

Sadly, however, the whole thing flew apart after about two years; and I do mean "flew apart." It all just basically self-destructed. Much of it was my fault, but not all, and while she and I still call each other once in a blue moon, neither of us really feels like taking the risk of trusting the other (or in my case, anyone else, either, since that time*) for anything significant.

I am still bi; I know that because I am still (sometimes painfully) attracted to both sexes. I just don't do anything "extroverted" about it.

To shorten this considerably, suffice to say that if you and your partner are both bi, savor it. What you have is so very precious that it defies explanation. Beware of jealousy! :soapbox:

(LOL. pardon the sermon)

Bum_ditty

-------------------------------------------------------------------
*which is one of my reasons for joining this site. I don't mean to be a downer, by the way, and hope that I havent hurt anyone's feelings in chat with what probably has come across as flippant disregard or callous or arrogant unattraction. If I have, you have my most abject apology).
:( :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: