PDA

View Full Version : LogOff

mariersa
Mar 15, 2012, 9:51 PM
When I logoff I would like to log off and not be shown on the main register as here, logoff oh well I guess my definition is something else. The new site format is much more appealing but, oh well mine is just a simple thought, am I here or not? if I'm not? why should I be here? I dunno? Yup confusion.

Long Duck Dong
Mar 15, 2012, 9:58 PM
lol there is a delayed response between the time you log off and the server shows you as not logged in...... a bit like you can look at a thread and move to another one but the server may show you still looking at a thread you viewed 5 minutes ago.....

Brian
Mar 15, 2012, 10:16 PM
Yeah, what LDD said. The Who's Online is actually a list of who has been online in the last 15 minutes. So you are going to continue to show up there for about 15 minutes after logging off.

In order to get it any more accurate than that I would have to secretly install a video camera in your computer to observe you getting up and leaving. ;)

- Drew :paw:

mariersa
Mar 17, 2012, 4:31 PM
All well n gopd, the old way you'd simply logoff twice and Poof you were gone, maybe it's a conting tool no matter.

mariersa
Mar 17, 2012, 4:32 PM
hmmm a secret camera Drew you Perv :love::tongue:

mariersa
Jun 3, 2012, 11:47 AM
It's doing it again, thought I logged off yesterday, returned to site earlier today still logged on, up above not in index. Logged off just returned still logged on up above????

Brian
Jun 3, 2012, 8:52 PM
Are you sure you weren't looking at a cache of the site from the previous day? If you hit "Log Out" And then refresh any page/tab it really should show you as logged out.

The other little detail is that if you use multiple browsers you need to log out separately for each one. Logging out in IExplorer will not log you out in Firefox for example. Same with different computers/devices.

- Drew :paw:

mariersa
Sep 23, 2012, 3:05 PM
Drew: Today or actually within the last hour getting to chat has been weird. 1/ if I am logged into the main site b.com and press chat I enter to the member create a screen! 2/if I am not logged into the main b.com and press chat "unable to complete connection". zoh is it me? or are the bullies here screwing with internet? or is it something else? I can't enter either way. I did enter a few hours ago without any problems.