PDA

View Full Version : the entire site going crazy lol

*pan*
Mar 15, 2012, 5:32 PM
earlier i could not get into chat so replied in the forum, after exiting now the bisexual sign is gone and it has a check mark with the word bulletin wit hthe registered trademark symbol and the color scheme changed every thing looks totaly different so i am figuring they must be working on the site maybe. but when i first cane on everything looked normal.

nutme
Mar 15, 2012, 5:59 PM
I still have the big orange Bisexual.com logo, but the site isnt refreshing either. If you go to the 'whose online' and view it, it would seem that there are a bunch who are stuck in chatroom purgatory and can't get out.

12voltman59
Mar 15, 2012, 10:17 PM
Tonight I had a problem getting to the site at all--when I clicked my bookmark to come here---the little circle just kept on going and going and going----it took well over a minute for the site to finally come up---don't know if that was a Firefox problem or a problem with the site??? Every other site I have gone to this evening loaded up in a flash and was no problem--so I sorta figure that something was up with this site to make it hard to get here.

daldav
Mar 16, 2012, 12:52 AM
I can't view any photos, it says something about permission limit

Long Duck Dong
Mar 16, 2012, 1:08 AM
I can't view any photos, it says something about permission limit

ok permission limits are normally access restricted images, IE public images can be viewed by anybody, private images can not....... and I am not sure if drew or the programmer are tweaking anything in regards to image access.....

so is it any images in bisexual like attachments in threads, or profile images that you can not view and when you get the message again, can you get a screenshot of it and post it, or type the message in this thread so that way the issue can be dealt with faster

Brian
Mar 16, 2012, 8:01 AM
I can't view any photos, it says something about permission limit My bad. The programmer and I were testing some of the FanClub features and I left that setting in place in error. Fixed. You should be back to normal now.

can you get a screenshot of it and post it, or type the message in this thread so that way the issue can be dealt with faster Thanks LDD, that is good general advice, especially for the really odd problems. It often helps me figure out what is happening and duplicate it.

- Drew :paw:

jester2424
Mar 16, 2012, 9:41 AM
when i go into someones profile click on there picture it comes up blank and seys limit

DuckiesDarling
Mar 16, 2012, 9:47 AM
drew posted in another thread, "the site going crazy" that it was known and fixed. So if you are coming up with an error now, post more information including browser and any error messages.

I did note when I went to your profile, I could view the pictures but the menu bar floated down the middle. I'm on IE9.

jester2424
Mar 16, 2012, 9:51 AM
still cant view images limit restrictions?

jester2424
Mar 16, 2012, 10:06 AM
duckiesdarling no browser error just sayslimit restrictions?

Brian
Mar 16, 2012, 10:08 AM
still cant view images limit restrictions? Hmmm...

[Drew lifts the hood of the bus, curses loudly, and hits various parts of the engine with a wrench]

Okay, try it now.

Brian
Mar 16, 2012, 10:15 AM
Thanks DD for letting me know about that image/navbar thing. I should be able to fix that today. And thanks for the helpful screenshot!

daldav
Mar 17, 2012, 2:59 PM
It's at it again

daldav
Mar 17, 2012, 4:42 PM
It's as if the site is not completely loading

daldav
Mar 17, 2012, 6:27 PM
False alarm, it's my phone that is messed up

*pan*
Mar 31, 2012, 11:06 AM
can't enter the bi web says i don't have permissions :suave:

Brian
Mar 31, 2012, 11:32 AM
can't enter the bi web says i don't have permissions :suave: Thanks. That was a bug affecting Fanclub members. Fixed.

*pan*
Mar 31, 2012, 2:12 PM
ok i give up, i accidentally created a user chat room now how do i delete it ? lol

Brian
Mar 31, 2012, 2:35 PM
ok i give up, i accidentally created a user chat room now how do i delete it ? lol I'm going to be adding instructions to the chat page soon. User-created chat rooms disappear automatically after they have been empty for a time. So no sweat, just leave it and it will close itself.

**Peg**
Mar 31, 2012, 9:09 PM
can't get into chat 4833

what the heck?

I'll keep trying - 3 tries, all I get is a tiny box in the upper right corner, and lots of sounds, no typing field, no userlist....it's a mess

mariersa
Mar 31, 2012, 10:37 PM
Peg you freaked me out! because if something isn't working it most certainly won't work for me, but, entered chat and exited. maybe this machine is finally working properly teehee. It's early and why not post something.

Brian
Apr 1, 2012, 2:05 AM
Are you still having a problem Peg? Everything is fine here. I think you just happened to try it when the programmer was changing some things.

**Peg**
Apr 1, 2012, 8:48 AM
it seems to be fine this morning, Drew, thanks.
I was unable to get into chat last night using the 'full screen' but finally got in using the 'regular'.

Speaking of which...if I'm not a Fanclub member (and I'm not yet, will be soon though), why do I have this bar across the top of my chat screen? Could that not be an option over on the right side, rather than across the top?

thanks in advance

**Peg**
Apr 1, 2012, 8:50 AM
...It's early and why not post something.

past my bedtime LOL

Brian
Apr 1, 2012, 9:03 AM
Hi peg, Glad all is well again. Everyone is going to see that bar, but it will only work for Fanclub members.

*pan*
Apr 8, 2012, 12:32 PM
i have noticed that when clicking the home button the bar with

New Posts (http://www.bisexual.com/forum/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post)
Private Messages (http://www.bisexual.com/forum/private.php)
FAQ (http://www.bisexual.com/forum/faq.php)
Calendar (http://www.bisexual.com/forum/calendar.php?do=eventlist)
Community
Forum Actions
Quick Links

is blank, it only shows after clicking another button like fourms or one of the others, is this supposed to be like this ?

Brian
Apr 8, 2012, 2:08 PM
Yep, that is normal Pan. The sub-navigation bar is context sensitive, so it shows different sub-navigation links depending on which page from the main navigation bar was selected - in the case of the Homepage, nothing at all, there is no sub-navigation for it.

*pan*
Apr 13, 2012, 4:42 PM
ok thanks drew