PDA

View Full Version : Road trip

wanderingrichard
Jun 10, 2006, 1:32 PM
ok,
business is taking me to hawaii for about 30 days starting june 19.

will be staying in the honolulu area, if anyone has information on good places to check out , hang out, sight see, etc., please email me off board with your recommendations..
Rich

arana
Jun 10, 2006, 2:59 PM
Wow Rich, how cool! I have a friend up in the Bay area who's family is from there. Some day I'd love to see it. Haven't been there since I was 7 months old. Have a great and safe trip!!!

arana
Jun 11, 2006, 12:26 PM
Hi Rich, my friend had these suggestions:

The volcanos national park on the Big Island. And just tour around the island. Every hotel has great maps, and you can just drive around the island to see things.

On Kauai, there are a bunch of different things to see. The Waimea canyon is where they filmed Jurassic park and other movies. It's always a great trip up the mountain, and the canyon is amazing!

And the falls where they filmed the opening sequence to fantasy Island is pretty neat too. Most of the island is pretty quiet. Kauai is a great island to relax on.

Oahu is where you should go for nightlife. Honalulu is very touristy, and has a lot of things to do. Museum and shopping. Hanauma bay to swim with the fishies. Just don't leave anything in your car cause they will break into the car there.

wanderingrichard
Jun 11, 2006, 1:06 PM
k, thanx hon... i'll keep the 35mm hidden unless i'm using it, then.. transportation is supposed to be via company provided lease, but i'm not gonna trust that to be available to me when i need tio get some where..we have too many employees with possesion issues. ....just also found out one of my "ex es" lives in honolulu and is still single.. think i might look her up for old times sake and pick her brain a bit too..

ya know, if anyone else is reading this, and you have suggestions, you can jump in any time,,, this isnt just between me and arana

Rich

strawberry8302
Jun 12, 2006, 12:48 AM
Hey rich! I was watching the food network one day, and I heard of this hot dog place called "Puka Dog". I think it's located in Kuwai tho. I heard people come from all over just to taste their hot dogs and fruit based relishes.

wanderingrichard
Jun 17, 2006, 11:35 PM
ok, thanx for the few of you who answered this publicly and to the many who asnwered it privately.. leave monday mornin, so sunday will be the last bit of time i have on here for the next approx. 1 month, since i won't have access to a puter in private there. ..

c u when i c u

Rich

arana
Jun 17, 2006, 11:40 PM
Bon Voyage Rich! Don't forget the pictures!

JrzGuy3
Jun 18, 2006, 4:48 AM
Hey rich! I was watching the food network one day, and I heard of this hot dog place called "Puka Dog" [emphasis added by Jrz]. I think it's located in Kuwai tho. I heard people come from all over just to taste their hot dogs and fruit based relishes.

I'm sure their hot dogs are wonderful, the relishes are delicious and the name means something beautiful in the native Hawaiian language. That said, "Puka Dog" has to be the worst possible name I could ever give to a hot dog stand. :tongue: