PDA

View Full Version : A great bisexual book I just read

marciaventro
Jun 12, 2005, 2:34 PM
It's called "Two For One--a novel about having choices" by Sean David Wright and it is a work of fiction, a romantic comedy about a bisexual woman, Danielle, who fall deeply in love with a straight man, Max, and then begins to feel trapped when she meets a gay woman, Katie, whom she instantly clicks with and who is just as attracted to her.
At first Danielle feels that nothing could be done about this but then Max makes her an offer she can hardly refuse and so Danielle suddenly finds herself with two lovers.

This book is, primarily, very funny, well written and offers a lot of thought-provoking opinions on what it means to be in love when you're a person who desires both sexes (like all of us!). It moves very quickly into its main subject matter while combining issues of sexuality and commitment with humor and grace. The creation of the 3 main characters is well done and Wright makes them very believable and gets the reader invested in them as fully developed people.

On the surface it seems like just another beach book but I believe that Wright has masterfully disguised much broader themes in such an easy to read and lighthearted novel. What he's done is create a novel that takes aim at the ridiculous and old-fashioned concepts that society is holding onto concerning what is acceptable when it comes to matters of love and sexual identity. This is a unique story that steps away from the traditional romance plot line of one guy/one girl and instead gives us an enjoyable, very twenty-first century plot line of three people in a new kind of love triangle.

What's even more pleasing is that this isn't a novel about sexual threesomes. Max doesn't try to gain having a threesome once Danielle admits to him that she's bisexual. Instead, he recognizes what it would take to make her happy and decides, for her sake, to let her explore an intimate relationship with Katie. So Max represents the kind of thinking which needs to be more prevalent in society, while Danielle represents the changing nature of society, which is (slowly) becoming more accepting of the wonderful diversity in this world.

All in all, this novel was well done and a good escape. It was very light in mood and tone; and it's aim seems to be to make you think while making you laugh.

Anyway, it's on Amazon.com, follow this link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0595354483/qid=1117863308/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/102-0154952-7294570

Give it a try!

Does anyone out there have any other reading ideas with bisexual themes? I'd really like to know.

Thanks,

Marcia V.

BiMale
Jun 12, 2005, 6:04 PM
Wow, very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

BiMale :male: :tongue:

photogr
Aug 4, 2005, 4:25 PM
I've yet to read an erotic story where there is a mix of male and female characters (and it's not a gay book), where the males have sex together. There seems to be in general erotic fiction plenty of girl on girl but no boy action. Doesn't it ever happen where the young male (and I mean above the age of consent) is tied to a pillar and the 'master' comes over and gives his helpless victim's cock a suck! There are always plenty of girls on hand if the victim is a woman. Just a rant, sorry. bye.

jaytoppin
Aug 5, 2005, 1:44 AM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, good fiction is good fiction and this looks like a good one. Thanks for the tip! :)

gina42
Sep 5, 2005, 12:17 PM
hi marc,
thank you for sharing..i am a avid book reader and that books sounds like a good one and the next time i go to my local book store i go to alot ,i will see if i might be able to get a copy and or order one..to read it and than i can pass the book on for others to read..take care & thank you again.