PDA

View Full Version : Bisexuality in the Mainstream Press: The Oxford Mail

Brian
Mar 5, 2012, 7:39 PM
Bid to break down bisexual barriers

ALL things bisexual and bi-friendly will be celebrated at an East Oxford event later this month.

Organisers hope the second annual BiFest on March 31 will go some way to breaking down the barriers surrounding bisexuality.

More... http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/9568976.Bid_to_break_down_bisexual_barriers/

Long Duck Dong
Mar 5, 2012, 8:17 PM
good on them...... in order to get people to see that bisexuality exists, is to be shown to people..... in a normal role as people, as one of the greatest misunderstandings about bisexuals is that we are some kind of freak of nature.......

part of the trouble for many bisexuals where I live, is that they have no issues with being seen as bisexual, they have issues with being seen as somebody that is in a different bed every night... some of them are in long term poly relationships and they want that to be seen by people..... the fact that bisexuals can also be in love and loved in relationships with commitment and faithfulness to partners...... and the other part is some Identify as males that have sex with males and females that have sex with females, but are in long term relationships with opposite sex partners..... part of the reason for that is for some strange reason, people react to it differently than hearing they are bisexual......

either way, good on them.... be out. be proud, be unique.... even if they are bisexual by a different label...... lol

Brian
Mar 5, 2012, 10:23 PM
BTW, I was shocked to see just now that we didn't have an event listing here on bisexual.com for this event mentioned in the article. I just added it.

http://www.bisexual.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=311&day=2012-3-31

If you are going you might want to indicate so on the our event listing, so other bisexual.com members know and perhaps you can share rides or arrange to meet.

- Drew :paw:

Long Duck Dong
Mar 5, 2012, 10:43 PM
I am in new zealand, so I will not be going.... tho I have just added the NZ bisexual directory to the bi web section groups and organizations page for any members in NZ or that intend to visit the land of the long white cloud......

Brian
Mar 5, 2012, 10:46 PM
Thanks LDD! A fine addition to the Bi Web directory.

- Drew :paw:

tenni
Mar 6, 2012, 8:43 AM
"ALL things bisexual and bi-friendly will be celebrated at an East Oxford event later this month."

I wonder if this gathering of bisexuals will discuss and accept casual non gender discriminatory sex being accepted without imposing shame? Some of my bisexual friends would really appreciate it if casual non gender discriminatory sex was not written about as if it is wrong and evil. Those that wish to be in long term relationships should be able to do so regardless of their sexuality. Those who wish casual non gender bias loving should be able to do so without slurs. It is all acceptable forms of bisexuality and in fact all sexualities.