PDA

View Full Version : ad links appearing in posts

baachus
Mar 3, 2012, 8:57 PM
I don't know if these are supposed to be there but various words are being highlighted in posts. Hover over with the mouse and something from black label ads appears about 18 year old girls, fuckbuddies, a blowing game, etc. Not only in posts on the forum, but in personal ads, blog posts, on the main page texts and within the posting rules. I went to another forum site that uses the same software and they aren't there at all. I'm using the latest FF, with adblocker and in sandboxie. If they are supposed to be there then that's one thing. Just want to know if the site's been invaded/infected/hacked/wormified/...

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx244/tnsailor/adspage.jpg

baachus
Mar 3, 2012, 9:00 PM
and since this thread appears twice, please delete one. Thanks.

Edit: Now they are gone. Glad I took a screen shot otherwise I would think I'm paranoid. Doesn't mean they're not out to get me.

Long Duck Dong
Mar 3, 2012, 9:07 PM
run malware bytes and ccleaner,...... then have a look at your extensions in firefox.....

I am running chrome 17.0.963.56 m and I am not seeing what you are seeing and I have checked it in ff 10.0.1 and 10.0.2

it looks like a keyword ad linker program that I have seen before in FF extensions and some malware programs and its computer specific, not site based

Brian
Mar 3, 2012, 10:39 PM
It was just a very brief experiment (that I think got cached and dragged on much longer than I had the setting turned on), that I don't anticipate doing again. You are good - you are clean and so is the site.

- Drew :paw:

baachus
Mar 3, 2012, 11:03 PM
Cool beans. Thanks Drew. Ran a virus check anyway, as Long Duck Dong suggested. Never hurts.