PDA

View Full Version : BDSM Enthusiasts, Swingers and Bisexuals. Kindred Spirits?

Brian
Mar 3, 2012, 10:39 AM
I have been thinking the last few days... How much overlap do you think there is between the BDSM community and the bisexual community? Are there a lot of bisexuals do you think who also consider themselves doms or masters or slaves or subs or fetishists or leather enthusiasts and so on? Both are sort of "alternative" sexual communities - outsiders to the plain ole "sex with your spouse 1.2 times per week on average" community.

And the Swingers community... I wonder how many people identify as "bisexual" and also a "swinger"?

I am curious how you would identify yourself (anonymously).

Attaching a poll...

- Drew :paw:

drugstore cowboy
Mar 4, 2012, 1:31 AM
I have been thinking the last few days... How much overlap do you think there is between the BDSM community and the bisexual community? Are there a lot of bisexuals do you think who also consider themselves doms or masters or slaves or subs or fetishists or leather enthusiasts and so on? Both are sort of "alternative" sexual communities - outsiders to the plain ole "sex with your spouse 1.2 times per week on average" community. And the Swingers community... I wonder how many people identify as "bisexual" and also a "swinger"? I am curious how you would indentify yourself (anonymously). Attaching a poll... - Drew :paw: BDSM and swinging or an open relationship/marriage have both been pretty much mainstream for decades ever since the 60s, and there's nothing "alternative" about them at all anymore. Bisexuality has been around and recognized since ancient times. No I'm not just saying this as a longterm resident of SF as even in the mid 70s and even into the early 80s in the United States one could very easily find large groups of people into BDSM, who had fetishes, or who were in open relationships even in small towns in flyover country away from big cities. It's still this way today in the United States. Secondly, most people who are into consensual BDSM, who have a fetish, or who are into swinging or having an open marriage/open relationship are pretty average and normal, and can and do easily pass as the "Sex with your partner 1-3X a week on average" type and they don't practice BDSM or their sexual fetishes all the time or do it all the time they have sex, and the same goes for people who are in an open relationship who have sex with other people.

ohbimale
Mar 4, 2012, 2:07 AM
I describe myself as bisexual. Why? Because I do enjoy skin on skin sexual with the occassional female my overall preferrence is skin on skin with another man. I really like the feel and taste of another man's naked body against mine.

ocaladouglas
Mar 4, 2012, 4:50 AM
I describe myself as bisexual. I enjoy sex with both female and male partners. I would also call myself a swinger becouse both my wife and I do occasionally enjoy adding the extra partner into our enjoyments.

Jobelorocks
Mar 4, 2012, 7:39 AM
Well I am a happily married bisexual swinger. I guess that I am a bdsm kind of gal too, but I only like the lighter bdsm.

darkeyes
Mar 4, 2012, 8:08 AM
Dont mind a lil trussin chainin cuffin an ruff stuff... of wich I will say no more.. but its fun, its erotic an a turn on.. my partner happens 2 b ver gud at it an as soon as the sexy stern gear is on kno am in for some nite.. as 2 swingin.. these days only in the mind but thats another story of wich some of u r aware.. dont think it matters what our sexuality is there is or at least often is an overlap between between swingin an bdsm... that depends on those involved...am not bisexual but she is....

Paul B.
Mar 4, 2012, 1:30 PM
There is definitely significant overlap among the 3 populations (bi, BDSM, & swinger). Don't know if the exact measure of statistical overlap has ever been taken scientifically.

Gearbox
Mar 4, 2012, 3:49 PM
I like the painless variety of BDSM with m&f as a 'master'. The sadomasochism bit is (almost) purely mentally driven: Inflicting unquenched sexual stimulation etc etc while physically restrained by whatever means until I decide to quench.
I'd be crap at physical pain, as I'd go get some ointment & bandage and continuously apologise for it.lol
The terms 'master' & 'Slave' are very confused IMO. As a 'master' I'm really a 'slave tool' to the 'slave'.

LeeNorCal
Mar 5, 2012, 5:38 PM
I would have to say mainly bi, with a little light (and fun) bdsm thrown in when playing with a M/F couple. I have also enjoyed playing with swingers (who I more associate as the male being straight, rather than bisexual.) Guess that's just how mama raised me!!!