PDA

View Full Version : Why don't more guys shave?

biguy71
Mar 1, 2012, 10:08 AM
I know it's more common for gay and bisexual men to shave or wax their bodies, but even among those groups it seems like those who remove their body hair are in the minority. Why is that? I've always thought that a hot guy with no body hair was the sexiest thing there is and pretty much any guy looks better without body hair. I myself shave regularly, except for my legs, which I only shave about once a month but keep trimmed in between shaves, and I can tell you from experience that the overwhelming majority of men and women seem to like it quite a bit. Although a little body hair on a man doesn't turn me off the way body hair on a woman does, I still think it is much sexier for guys to get rid of it.

mikie6
Mar 1, 2012, 10:36 AM
I have to shave down there. It's the only way my wife will blow me!... Plus I like it too

NjbiGuy01
Mar 1, 2012, 12:34 PM
I like it, certainly increases satisfaction, especially if my partner is also shaved....it is a pain at the beginning, but if you get into the habit to groom every day or two, and moisturize afterwards, its all good. I use my wife and daughters shaving cream and Lady Schick razor, heck, it's in the shower already !!

BatCox40
Mar 1, 2012, 12:44 PM
I used to shave completely. Now i only just trim. The reason is when completely shaven as it grows back the stubble can get very uncomfortable and often rubs against other surfaces and makes it sore. So i have found it best to trim to avoid that uncomfortable stubble. The parts I used to shave were chest and stomach pubic hair and shoulders and sometimes the lower back. The only places i still shave are scrotum and shoulders and of course face apart from sideburns. The rest i just trim whenever i need to.

Gearbox
Mar 1, 2012, 2:06 PM
It maybe due to perspective or location? But as a bloke who prefers the unshaven male, I have difficulty finding them. I also have to plead for any bloke (smooth&hairy) NOT to shave their face before meeting. You'd think I was being a perv!:tongue:
Pubes are another 'perversion' of mine. I like it natural on both m&f, the bushier the better.

Maybe if your hairy you don't get the same sensations as when shaved though? In that case I could understand why some shave. But the look is just a matter of taste.

ErosUrge
Mar 1, 2012, 2:23 PM
It maybe due to perspective or location? But as a bloke who prefers the unshaven male, I have difficulty finding them. I also have to plead for any bloke (smooth&hairy) NOT to shave their face before meeting. You'd think I was being a perv!:tongue:
Pubes are another 'perversion' of mine. I like it natural on both m&f, the bushier the better.

Maybe if your hairy you don't get the same sensations as when shaved though? In that case I could understand why some shave. But the look is just a matter of taste.

I can agree with your perspective to be sure. I've learned to appreciate what my partners have male or female. There was a time that body hair turned me off on guys but I'm past that now. Though I must admit that hair on the back and an over abundance of it doesn't appeal to me. I'm talking about major hair growth. But I've certainly come to appreciate hair most of the time. And I once had a girlfriend who didn't shave; legs or armpits. Obviously this meant her pussy too. I enjoyed it thoroughly but it took some time to get use to in the beginning.

With all that said, I do LOVE the shaved or waxed body. It turns me on a lot. I myself have very little body hair except in the pubic areas...but just 2 days ago I went in for my second Brazilian waxing and enjoy the results. Getting there is a bit harsh as it does hurt to have your hair torn out of your body. But it's extremely smooth and a delight when it is time to play. The lady I get together with once a week loves it so that's an added bonus. I will eventually allow a bit of pubes to grow above my cock but it will be limited.

Anyhow, when it comes to moments of play, I'm good either way. In the heat of passion, none of this seems to matter anyway.

axlton
Mar 1, 2012, 4:17 PM
Male body hair is one of the top indicators of masculinity and virility. To me shaving of body hair has a feminizing effect on a guys looks and is a total turn off for me... My wife is in total agreement with me on this. I asked her once if she would prefer that I shave and the response I got back was an overwhelming "hell no! I like my hairy man."

To each their own I guess, some like guys smooth and others prefer hair.

NjbiGuy01
Mar 1, 2012, 4:21 PM
I think the many times I was approached in spas or propositioned by other men (when naked), is it seems like a shaved genital area must be some kind of indicator you may be bi or gay or something.... I swear, since I started shaving, guys overtly seem to come on to me in those situations... I prefer shaved, but will tolerate trimmed, but cannot stand "natural", as long hair on pubes tickle my nose....

tenni
Mar 1, 2012, 4:24 PM
Body hair is a symbol of masculinity on men imo. It is as simple as that. It seems to have become more fashionable for men to manscape within the past decade. As someone has mentioned some women find chest hair on a man arousing. I know that women that I've made love to seemed to enjoy playing with my soft chest hair. Not all men have soft chest hair. It makes some sense if a guy wants oral performed on him that some manscaping might encourage it. The first few guys that I got together with who also had hairy chests like my own made me realize that it can be fun.

omg....That's a bit bigger than I thought ...lol

Kevinc140
Mar 1, 2012, 5:06 PM
I agree if you look like a hairy ape, well you look like a hairy ape. I am a bit hairier then I like to admit. I trim all the necessary areas and shave down the balls baby as my gf prefers it hairless. having stubbles on chests and what not is kind of stupid. It hurts your partner if you want to cuddle or anything. Keeping your hair neat and short is fine I believe. It's a double standard, you expect women to shave but you don't want to shave for your woman? LOL

FinkDoodle
Mar 1, 2012, 6:46 PM
So. . every guy should shave because it's what YOU like?? I have news for you . . for every person that likes a shaved body, there's another person who likes a natural body. YOU as an individual have no right to claim that the "overwhelming majority of men and women" prefer it . . not unless you've traveled to every country in the world and had sex with more than 50% of that region's inhabitants.

Some people like it . . some don't . . and that's what makes horse races. Deal with it.

biguy71
Mar 1, 2012, 8:06 PM
So. . every guy should shave because it's what YOU like?? I have news for you . . for every person that likes a shaved body, there's another person who likes a natural body. YOU as an individual have no right to claim that the "overwhelming majority of men and women" prefer it . . not unless you've traveled to every country in the world and had sex with more than 50% of that region's inhabitants.

Some people like it . . some don't . . and that's what makes horse races. Deal with it.

I never said every guy should shave. I was just wondering why more don't when so many people seem to like it.

You seem somewhat offended by a legitimate observation based on my personal experience. Maybe it's you who needs to learn how to deal with things.

Herculoid Poirot
Mar 1, 2012, 8:14 PM
i like a hairy man so no need to shave around me, but I do trim for practical reasons. Long pubes are a bad combo with the snaps on my cock ring, and I find it hard to go down on a woman who's REALLY hairy, I need a third hand to keep the hairs out my way!

beallaboutsex
Mar 1, 2012, 8:21 PM
I love to shave and I agree with you to the fullest! My morning routine in the shower is something i look forward to. when i get out i feel so sexy. i too wish men would shave more. especially the men that i am looking for. of my age 50. I love to explore and kiss, lick, suck, and hair is such a turn OFF!!!!

biguy71
Mar 1, 2012, 8:26 PM
Clearly there are a variety of opinions where the subject of male body hair removal is concerned. That's pretty much what I expected. As I said before, pretty much everyone I have been with, male and female, has liked the fact that I shave. I realize that the people I've been with aren't an accurate sample of the general population, but at the very least they represent a significant portion of the population. I also realize that personal tastes about things such as this change with the times, though, as do all fashions. Certainly more men shave now than ever before and I for one am glad about that.

Jobelorocks
Mar 1, 2012, 8:53 PM
My hubby doesn't shave or wax, but trims. I like it that way. It kind of creeps me out when a man doesn't have any body or pubic hair. I feel like he looks like a little boy. lol. Maybe I am just weird. Then again I like women to have some pubic hair as well not a lot, but some (a landing strip is ideal).

biguy71
Mar 1, 2012, 9:42 PM
Where exactly do you see this "significant portion of the population?" I've been to nude beaches in the near past, I see plenty of men with wife beaters on during the summer, and I do not see a significant portion of any population that are hairless.

I was referring to the significant portion of the population who seem to like shaved men. I agree that not that many men shave, although more do now than ever before and it's fairly common at the nude beaches I've been to. That was the whole point of this thread, though. Why don't more men do it?

And I'm sure you do see a lot of men in wife beaters in New Jersy. LOL!

biguy71
Mar 1, 2012, 9:48 PM
My hubby doesn't shave or wax, but trims. I like it that way. It kind of creeps me out when a man doesn't have any body or pubic hair. I feel like he looks like a little boy. lol. Maybe I am just weird. Then again I like women to have some pubic hair as well not a lot, but some (a landing strip is ideal).

If a guy looks like a little boy, even when he is shaved, then the amount of body hair he has should be the least of his concerns. LOL

IanBorthwick
Mar 1, 2012, 9:54 PM
If a guy looks like a little boy, even when he is shaved, then the amount of body hair he has should be the least of his concerns. LOL

This is FULL of WIN!

axlton
Mar 1, 2012, 10:32 PM
Even though I don't agree with biguy71's opinion on body hair I do have to Concur.

vegas_joe
Mar 1, 2012, 10:51 PM
It's a hassle, but I've been doing it for the past 15 years. The past few I've been using an electric trimmer with a 1mm clip. It doesn't get as close as a blade, but it's good enough and I like the look. I guess I'm getting lazy in my old age.

daldav
Mar 1, 2012, 11:23 PM
I'm backwards I think, I love my women hairy and my men shaved

biguy71
Mar 2, 2012, 2:54 AM
I'm backwards I think, I love my women hairy and my men shaved

A sexy woman is a sexy woman, regardless of hair. When I was in college I briefly dated a hippie girl who wasn't too into shaving. Actually, dated probably isn't the right word. It was more of an ongoing fling that lasted a couple of months. She was of Italian ancestry and she had dark thick hair, but it really wasn't a turnoff. I would have preferred her to shave, but she was still hot.

jackbirdjay
Mar 2, 2012, 5:02 AM
In my 20's use to shave everything legs chest every thing. It is a pain in the ass having to shave everyday. Now I only shave my ass cock and balls. I do trim my chest with a beard trimmer

by~his~side
Mar 2, 2012, 7:31 AM
I'll stay down there longer to extend the pleasure if he's shaved. I'll pay way more attention to all the parts and go as far back as he'd allow if there isn't any hair in the way.
Body hair in general is sexy...and yes, I'd say I view it as masculine.
But a hairy package isn't necessarily a turn off. :tong:

~D~

DuckiesDarling
Mar 2, 2012, 8:04 AM
I have never been really fond of chest hair but the stubble on a man's chin... oh mama now that is sexy. But as for manscaping the pubic region, I can take it or leave it, it doesn't bother me either way but they always say if you trim back the bush the deck looks bigger, seems the same principle would apply here :)

BatCox40
Mar 2, 2012, 10:11 AM
Some parts are best shaved, some others trimmed and the rest untouched. It is down to preference of course.

ErosUrge
Mar 2, 2012, 12:36 PM
First with this post, I am not trying to create a conflict here. But after my first post on this matter, I read posts by others and realized from the comments that there was this idea about masculinity with hairiness. Since the emphasis that not shaving and being hairy was natural (and I agree) and that this is what symbolizes masculinity, I had to offer another side to this.

Since I am a man who has very little body hair in the first place and I know of many men who are the same, does it somehow mean that we're less masculine? Of course not. And if one chooses to eliminate body hair, does that imply that someone is less masculine?....hmmm....not from my perspective. Considering the fact that both sexes have elements of both sexes in us whether bi, straight, gay, tg, it all gets to be a bit of a tumble. Surely, there are some men that are more masculine and some women that are more feminine no doubt. Whether we choose to shave, wax or not shave or wax might be an aspect of our masculinity or femininity, but it's only a sidebar to who we really are anyway....

It all comes down to a simple matter of personal preference. No one way is better than any other...

tenni
Mar 2, 2012, 12:48 PM
ERosUrge
I'm not certain if the analogy of a man who is naturally less hairy than another means that he is less masculine.

Body hair has been a symbol of masculinity or maleness but that doesn't mean the lack of body hair is less masculine as there are other factors as to what defines masculine(a penis and testicles being two and then a lot of behavioural traits). Men tend to have more body hair than women. Traditionally, women have tried to reduce the amount of body hair while men have traditionally not been concerned until recently about removing body hair. I've heard more than once from men with little body hair that they admire my hairy chest though. Facial hair is also a symbol of masculinity as well as height, wide shoulders, etc. When a young boy begins to grow facial hair, it has been a visible sign of developing sexual maturation just as when a girl begins to develop breasts as a visible sign of sexual maturation.

I understand that some men with less body hair may experience a desire to have more body hair while others are happy with little. Hair on the back of a man is considered often undesirable. That is just how western society has up until recently interpreted sexual maturation. Increased interest in the removal of body hair from the male body may or may not have a sociological rationale. Just as some have stated that less hair in the pubic area increases willingness for oral sex. The discussion publicly of oral sex has increased rapidly over the past 40 years.

Body hair or removal of body hair has become a fashion statement for some men just as whether and how he lets his beard grow or not ...;)

ErosUrge
Mar 2, 2012, 1:46 PM
ERosUrge
I'm not certain if the analogy of a man who is naturally less hairy than another means that he is less masculine.

Body hair has been a symbol of masculinity or maleness but that doesn't mean the lack of body hair is less masculine as there are other factors as to what defines masculine(a penis and testicles being two and then a lot of behavioural traits). Men tend to have more body hair than women. Traditionally, women have tried to reduce the amount of body hair while men have traditionally not been concerned until recently about removing body hair. I've heard more than once from men with little body hair that they admire my hairy chest though. Facial hair is also a symbol of masculinity as well as height, wide shoulders, etc. When a young boy begins to grow facial hair, it has been a visible sign of developing sexual maturation just as when a girl begins to develop breasts as a visible sign of sexual maturation.

I understand that some men with less body hair may experience a desire to have more body hair while others are happy with little. Hair on the back of a man is considered often undesirable. That is just how western society has up until recently interpreted sexual maturation. Increased interest in the removal of body hair from the male body may or may not have a sociological rationale. Just as some have stated that less hair in the pubic area increases willingness for oral sex. The discussion publicly of oral sex has increased rapidly over the past 40 years.

Body hair or removal of body hair has become a fashion statement for some men just as whether and how he lets his beard grow or not ...;)

Point well taken Tenni. Your posts have always interested me in that you state so very many things I am in agreement with. I certainly have no qualms with men who are hairy. I guess having so little of it on my body is why I decided to respond here in that way that I have. And it's true, when going through puberty myself I wanted to have more body hair and to be able to grow a mustache or beard; neither of which I am able to do to this day. Now neither factor bothers me in the least.

As far as performing oral on someone who has less or no pubic hair, it is certainly a positive to not have the interruption of digging a hair from out of my mouth or throat in the heat of the moment to be quite blunt. However, at the same time I've still enjoyed it even with that small interruption. Whether hairy or not, it has not been a detriment in my own willingness to participate in oral. And yes quite true about the public discussion of oral increasing. In fact currently oral sex is more common than ever before. Anal sex is rapidly approaching a greater acceptance too compared to 20 or even 10 years ago. As people learn more, the fallacy of certain taboos is exposed. Thanks as always for your input.

drugstore cowboy
Mar 2, 2012, 8:00 PM
Because men are supposed to have body and pubic hair and not be trimmed, completely waxed, or shaved looking like a Ken Doll clone. It does look very odd and creepy when a man is completely shaved, waxed, or trimmed and has no body hair at all and when a woman has no pubic hair at all it's also very odd.

biguy71
Mar 2, 2012, 8:54 PM
Because men are supposed to have body and pubic hair and not be trimmed, completely waxed, or shaved looking like a Ken Doll clone. It does look very odd and creepy when a man is completely shaved, waxed, or trimmed and has no body hair at all and when a woman has no pubic hair at all it's also very odd.

I disagree, because if you take your argument to its logical conclusion, then men shaving their faces or any human being cutting the hair on their head would be odd. It's just a matter of what styles of grooming people find attractive. What is odd to you is attractive to a lot of other people. Personally, I find hairless bodies very attractive. On the other hand, I don't really care much for tattoos. I don't have anything against people with tattoos, it's just not something that I find attractive, generally speaking that is. That doesn't mean that men and women with tattoos can't still be attractive to me, just like men and women who don't remove their body hair can still be attractive to me. I'm just speaking about what I find attractive in general. When it comes down to it, though, you really have to take everyone as an individual. What one person can pull off doesn't always work for someone else.

_someone_
Mar 2, 2012, 9:09 PM
To each his own. I think the waxed look is a turnoff and a sign of vanity.

Gearbox
Mar 2, 2012, 9:42 PM
@ ErosUrge- I was a little worried there too.lol Being naturally smooth, we just don't get the option to be masc or not, if it was solely down to body hair.
I don't care what anyone says though, I'd LOVE to have a thick rug of hair all over me. (in more ways than 1).:tongue:

axlton
Mar 3, 2012, 12:43 AM
I disagree, because if you take your argument to its logical conclusion, then men shaving their faces or any human being cutting the hair on their head would be odd. It's just a matter of what styles of grooming people find attractive. What is odd to you is attractive to a lot of other people. Personally, I find hairless bodies very attractive. On the other hand, I don't really care much for tattoos. I don't have anything against people with tattoos, it's just not something that I find attractive, generally speaking that is. That doesn't mean that men and women with tattoos can't still be attractive to me, just like men and women who don't remove their body hair can still be attractive to me. I'm just speaking about what I find attractive in general. When it comes down to it, though, you really have to take everyone as an individual. What one person can pull off doesn't always work for someone else.

The more I read your responses to this the more I realize that you're just trying to make the case that because you shave and find it attractive that everyone else should as well... You mention that the people you've slept with seem to like it and that you also think that they are representative of the population as a whole (not an exact quote but the gist of it anyway.) Really, how many people have you slept with that you can claim any measure of statistical significance in your assumption... Hundreds, Thousands? because those are the kind of numbers you'd have to get to to be able to make that claim. You also don't know if those people were telling you the truth when they said they liked it, or just humoring you. Saying that a "fair number of people at the nude beach seem to go for it to" (once again not exact, just the gist) bears no significance unless you take count over a very long period of time do statistical surveys and analysis.

Don't get me wrong, if a hairless body is what does it for you then great, to each his own I say.I'm also not going to talk out of my ass and say more people prefer one over the other either, because I don't pretend to knowledge I don't have. However, you're clearly arguing with people that don't share your point of view and no amount of rationalization on your part is going to change what anyone else finds attractive.

dafydd
Mar 3, 2012, 1:03 AM
utter laziness. and i look fatter without my body hair. therefore utter vanity.

can i watch
Aug 6, 2012, 7:34 PM
I LOVE that my bf shaves completely. He always wanted too, when he met me and found out that I love it so...hes been shaving ever since. His ex used to berate him for wanting it...told him he was not a man. Can you believe that? How fucked up is that?
When we shower together..I shave my baby..ssslllloooowww and sweet. Mmmmmmm smoooth...perfect for a nice long afternoon of sucking cock.
When we first were getting to know each other ( 5 -7 hour phone convos) He confessed that he would LOVE to shave my pussy....there was a pause..and I told him: "Too late...already beat you to it" He told me got hard immediately and had precum dripping down his leg. He was on a break at work....Then he couldnt wait to see me..."see me"
I will never go back to unshaving...Its the hottest sensation no matter what youre doing...for him too.

FinkDoodle
Aug 6, 2012, 8:02 PM
I can't speak for anybody else, but personally I find it rather uncomfortable having my nutsack sticking to my thighs all day . . and that's what happens if I shave.

Rose2Me
Aug 6, 2012, 8:22 PM
As a daily shaver, I can tell you the one reason more don't shave- it is a pain in the neck, and takes a long time. There are many a morning that I have a fleeting wish that I had never started shaving. To me the time and effort are worth it, but I can see most people being put off by the added time to the morning routine. As a formerly average hairy guy before I started all this, I can tell you that for me it does require a daily re-devotion to keeping everything everywhere nicely clean shaven.

poke_m86
Aug 6, 2012, 8:37 PM
Because it freaking itches!

Bishyguy1958
Aug 8, 2012, 1:05 PM
I started trimming my pubes about 10 years ago. I asked my wife if she'd shave, and to my surprise, she said "I will, if you will." SWEET!

We've both been shaved ever since. Cock, balls, and occasionally ass, depending on how feminine I feel.

But I noticed about this time last year, that I felt a lot hairier. I suspected that my testosterone gel was the culprit, in addition to reading that hair can absorb it, keeping it from where it needs to go. So, wife again, to my surprise, and joy...said "Shave it" I loved it. But hated the stubble that developed a few hours later. So...sadly, I went natural.

As for my legs, I noticed I developed bare spots from my jeans rubbing against the backs of my legs, and around my ankles from my work boots. Yeah...I really want to shave it all off so it's even, but wife said "no." Figures.

(So I cheat...I shave the stray hairs that DO grow back..shhh!) Hoping one day she'll give in.

Long story short: If I could afford it, I'd wax from my nose to my toes. I just can't stand all that hair!

Bi_Druid
Aug 8, 2012, 1:31 PM
I find hair - body, facial, pubic, etc - suits some people more than others.
Head hair wise I prefer guys with hair over guys with out as a rule.
Body hair can depend on the body. Some guys look better with it, some better without. I myself am naturally smooth, so far only growing 'lashes' around my nipples, which I feel looks a bit silly so I shave them off. If/when I start growing a fuller chest of hair than I suspect I'd let it grow, at most keep it trimmed and tidy.
Pubic hair I like most when trimmed and well kept; though again on some all-natural can look good. I tend not to go for totally shaved/waxed guys as regard pubic hair.
Leg hair on guys should be left alone. Heck, the more the better :) maybe I'm just a bit traditionalist but I like strong hairy legs on men.

Jobelorocks
Aug 8, 2012, 1:37 PM
Well, I am a woman who prefers men to have hair, but my husband shaves his balls and trims. I don't like totally shaven men or women, women I like a runway on. My husband likes me totally shaven, so I shave.

Bi_Druid
Aug 8, 2012, 1:39 PM
Oh, nearly forgot...
Beard/facial hair again can depend on the individual. If someones going to grow a beard or tash or facial hair, again I prefer the well kept looked after look. Though the fashionably slightly stubbly look can look nice if the hair is not too curly or fuzzy.

I guess all over I prefer guys who take the time to take a little visible care of their appearance with out looking overly vain. Total shave all off is a little too much for my liking. I like people who are happy with their bodies and like to look after themselves.

zigzig
Aug 8, 2012, 1:42 PM
I like when the hair is trimmed with some hair left, but not like a bush of hair.

Basin_Bouy
Aug 8, 2012, 3:02 PM
I tried shaving, but hated the stubble, just as I do with a woman. I use VEET (Sensitive Formula) and LOVE IT!!

its just me
Aug 9, 2012, 10:22 AM
my wife won't let me ....she says its too gay.

shaver6
Aug 10, 2012, 5:27 PM
I think one of the simplest answers to this question..is some men are just lazy. The same way guys will let their beard grow for a couple of days, because they don't want to take the
time to shave their face...its even more so that way...because not everyone sees all their body hair. ..where as the face in on display all the time.

Harbourshore
Aug 11, 2012, 8:02 AM
I'm in the camp for the natural look...I appreciate a hairy chest, arms, legs, lower back, pubes, face...within reason LOL
Gorillas don't exactly do it for me, but I do enjoy the feel of a man's hair rubbing against me.

ncfriendforyou
Aug 11, 2012, 8:15 AM
I trim but don't shave, and neither does my wife. I love her pussy. It has just the right amount of hair that makes it look very womanly to me. I realize this is a matter of personal taste although I won't get into the useless argument of "well I think someone does this because". I have been with more women than men, and lost my virginity at age 16 in 1983, and the whole shaving thing didn't really seem to come into fashion until the 90's.
When I was in my teens and 20's and banging any chick that I could, none of them ever shaved or had wax jobs. It wasn't in vogue yet. Even Penthouse and Playboy still had more neatly trimmed bush (hedges, maybe?) than landing strips. Now the landing strip has all but turned into the pencil mustache if anything. I haven't stopped liking pussy since then, and still like to look, but I do miss the fur.
Another observation (if there can be such a thing without any bias whatsoever), especially when trying to meet new people in this era of "what are your stats?", I have noticed that the people who shave are much more likely to "prefer" that you are like them. They also tend to get "turned off" easily and start vilifying body parts like foreskins, etc. I wouldn't kick a potential new partner out bed of because they shaved, but I don't think it looks sexy on a man or woman. I'll keep my fuzzy nuts.

orcalover
Aug 11, 2012, 8:33 AM
Mainly shave during the summer months. Then its grow it back for the winter. THe main draw back is if you don't shave regularly it ends up itching like hell.

Paddarick69
Aug 11, 2012, 8:50 AM
ya get more sensation when you're trimmed and shaved and, as DD said, packages look somewhat bigger... I love doing it... that being said, I'm a pretty typical guy - daily appearance maintenance isn't given much thought compared to, say, the Lakers signing Dwight Howard... soooo I'm usually pretty hairy down there... one more thing I should remember to do on a regular basis!

pantytimbmd
Aug 11, 2012, 10:18 AM
I shave regularly. Nothing like being smooth and silky. The feeling and sensitivity are incredible!

blugirl789
Aug 11, 2012, 10:20 AM
i am probably the minority here, but i prefer men unshaved.

BiRobb
Aug 11, 2012, 10:23 AM
I think that most men don't shave well because if you are really hairy it's a pain in the ass and well for the most part we do shave our faces at least... the other part might be because of social stigma if you are talking about say your legs or parts of the body that may be exposed in public. Personally I don't care about that I shave all over but not very often, probably about once ever 2-3 weeks with clippers set on the closest setting. That get the hair off without being itchy or leaving ingrown hairs and it looks and feels smooth and takes while to grow back so it's a lot easier than using a razor. My wife shaves my anus regularly and I shave my armpits and my nads at least once a week. The only occasions I use a razor all over is when we hook up with another man I find that men like me extra-smooth and find it very arousing.

wln1595
Aug 11, 2012, 2:14 PM
I like a person be it a man or a women to hair down there. To me thats what an adult looks like. I hate a shaved area makes me feel like i'm looking at a child...Just creeps me out

wanderingrichard
Aug 11, 2012, 4:21 PM
Biguy,
i've never understood the fascination with completely hairless bodies. Ken and Barbie are only toys, after all. Real peeps have hair. How we take care of it, and what we do with it to enhance hygiene and pleasure, to me are totally personal choices. Being a mildly hirsute guy, it's way tooo much work too shave or wax or remove all body hair. Besides which i would look wayyy odd.

Once had a lover who shaved and she would get itchy within 3 days if she didn't keep at it. Also her recurrence of UTI went way up the scale. She stopped shaving her pubes, and just kept things neatly trimmed and never had another issue. Another, he went the totally shaved/hairless route. Meh, wasn't much of a turn on for me, but he couldn't keep the twinks and under age girls off him at the clubs. 25 years later i run into him, he's completely bald headed but let everything else grow back. Said he feels more balanced that way.

Back to topic; i'll trim my groin closely to keep things neater and cleaner, but no, thanks, i'll pass on the rest. To each their own, variety is what makes things fun.

allanscott
Aug 11, 2012, 6:21 PM
Because it freaking itches!

Thats why i dont shave .I trim with trimer keep my bush short

12voltman59
Aug 11, 2012, 11:59 PM
With things trending that not only women but men are shaving their pubic hairs more and more---there is starting to be some blowback against this trend by the cultural gatekeepers:

This one is about both sexes shaving: http://www.salon.com/2012/08/12/the_war_on_pubic_hair_salpart/

This one is more geared towards the ladies: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/06/emily-gibson-war-pubic-hair-waxing-vajazzling_n_1747349.html

nitrog100
Aug 12, 2012, 12:39 AM
It's really tough to cut down on all the hair you're packing downstairs, and when you do, it starts poking and itching like crazy with a couple of days. If you're not making the sexy time often, it really isn't worth it.

Meetyou123
Aug 12, 2012, 2:12 PM
To me it is a matter of preference. I shave my legs, chest and armpits once a week. I feel very clean afterwords. I prefer smooth men as apposed to hairy (bears). That is all a matter of preference. Recently I saw a post (don't remember if it was here or elsewhere) in which a man asked what was up with all of the men shaving. So people do think that way. It's all a matter of preference.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Aug 12, 2012, 3:40 PM
If a man is beautifully shaved, then I adore it. Its so much cleaner and tastier, to me. I really hate going down on a hairy guy and having to stop sucking to cough up a hair ball later......Snicker
Cat

silkpanty61
Aug 12, 2012, 6:37 PM
I shave armpits, what chest hair that I did have, plus I shave my genitals, just about every other day. I feel my panties so much more that way.

Paddarick69
Aug 12, 2012, 11:26 PM
Cat, you are a wild, wild kitty!

BiBedBud
Sep 11, 2012, 9:42 PM
Someone earlier in this thread remarked that he likes to use his wife's or his daughter's razor in the shower.

He should know that's not a good idea, as a razor can be a disease vector.

I can well imagine he doesn't share toothbrushes and probably wouldn't share insulin needles, for instance.

For the same reason, he shouldn't be sharing a razor with his daughter (I'm sure he's probably 'fluid bonded' with his wife, but his daughter deserves her own razor).

Just FYI.

woody4u269
Sep 12, 2012, 12:53 PM
i shave but if im going to meet someone that like the hair i let it grow back out then shave it afterwards but i love a hairy pussy never to much hair on a pussy

DiamondDog
Sep 12, 2012, 4:38 PM
I don't shave or trim any part of my body since I would look very odd, and adult men are supposed to have body and pubic hair.

I'm also not into men who shave, wax, trim, or remove their body hair. If a woman has a bush I'm OK with that.

a2smith09
Sep 13, 2012, 12:21 AM
Well speaking of preferences I keep my cock and balls shaved and the pubes well trimmed and groomed. I like the way they look and feel. My wife prefers them like that too and that's about the only way she'll give me a blow job. I prefer my cocks and balls like that too. My lovers generally like mine that way too. I love my pussies bare, smooth, and bald. My wife used to complain about the that upkeep until her girlfriend went down on her one day after I had shaved her. The gf really liked it thenwife ate her hairy girlfriend and then Shaved her too and tried it bare. Then the ladies understood it and both kept themselves smooth ever since.

DOZERLA
Sep 13, 2012, 12:28 AM
I am not turned on by guys who shaved - it's much hotter/sexier to find a masculine, regular guy who, if he happens to be hairy, just lets it grow ut natural - if you're naturally smooth, ok too, but I am def partial to furry chests, legs, butts, beards, goatees, hairy forearms, etc. - if you're hairy, embrace it, don't trim/shave/prune like a girl.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Sep 13, 2012, 1:24 AM
lol I love a man who Does shave, but its not a necessity to me like it once was. I am extremely oral (Shup Rich) and if a guy is neat, clean, and presentable, then its all good. What I Cant handle is a man that looks like a brush pile gone wild unside of his BVD's. Especially in warm weather where cracks and crevasses tend to get all sweaty and icky. Sorry but thats nasty.
Had an encounter recently with a guy that looked like a Bigfoot with a hardon, and that was just a Humungous turn off. He was Very hairy all over. Had some tasty looking equipment, but I didnt feel like having to fight to get to it.....

He asked most politely if I wanted to go play, and all I could do was tell him nicely, "No Hon, I'm sorry. I cant handle all the hair."
So when I saw him again at last months play party, he had shaved All around his cock and balls but still looked like a Bigfoot with a bald spot.....Sigh. All that black hair and a big white spot in the middle. Some of our ladies had a hell of a time not bursting out in laughter.
Guys, please just take a little time to trim up and spiff up a little. It goes along way with some of us..:}
Picky Cat

NakedInSeattle
Sep 13, 2012, 1:30 AM
Body hair and facial hair is masculine...pubic hair...not so much...it feels and tastes soooo much better shaved. I like my woman shaved too!

MyTimeNow
Sep 17, 2012, 7:57 AM
I went down on a girl in the early to mid 90's who was shaved. I told her I liked it and she said I should do it too. Once I did it, I never went back. It got to the point to where I wouldn't even go down on someone unless they at least had a closer trim, but I prefer shaved. Really, 2012 and people still look like they came out of 1972. I even shave my arm pits (seriously, who really likes hair there either).

Latinomaleaz60
Sep 17, 2012, 5:04 PM
Hi,Nice Topic.Im a Hispanic male 60.The Thing is that I agree most prefer shaved men.I myself been shaving my pubes Im smooth here now.But the problem is that Since Im all always looking for sexual encounters,Some prefer shaved and some prefer hair.I got a reply from someone wanted to meet me,but they wanted a hairy man.So You cant be hairy one day and smooth the next day.Its hard to be both.Some want hairy some want shaved.

bifemme
Sep 18, 2012, 3:33 PM
I love a shaved guy. A shaved guy with a beard is so fucking hot. A little hair can be nice. Pavel Petel come to mind. I have a huge crush on him^.^

want2havefun
Sep 21, 2012, 12:59 PM
It kind of creeps me out when a man doesn't have any body or pubic hair. I feel like he looks like a little boy. lol. Maybe I am just weird. Then again I like women to have some pubic hair as well not a lot, but some (a landing strip is ideal).

Sums it up for me too. :)
No hair at all seems juvenile. I prefer adults that engage in grooming, not a human cue ball
or pre pubescent look.

dick_pumper
Sep 21, 2012, 2:52 PM
I love my hairy chest and belly and my hairy legs, but I shave my pubes totally bald along with my balls, and ass cheeks. I am very oral and love to be able to not worry about hair in my mouth. Nothing like going down on someone and gagging cause you take a lick and it's like licking a fur coat. Doesn't do much to the other person either to hear you gag as you lick them, makes them think they taste bad lol
I also shave my upper arms from elbow to shoulder. I started that when I was going to get a tattoo, but so far haven't found what I want.
I shave the armpits to see what it would be like after watching this Summer's Olympics, and I like the look and feel but don't know how to explain to friends that know I'm hairy, why I have no pit hair. They have seen me topless, but they have no idea what else I shave lol. So I was letting it grow back and after almost a month it's still only about 1/2" long. I wonder if it will grow back? If not no big deal, I like it either way.
I find a shaved genitals on a guy or gal to be very sexy.

smoothskinallover
Sep 22, 2012, 2:12 AM
I shave from face to toe. forearms at least every other day. Legs twice a weekish. armpits- weeklyish, as with chest. Pubes I keep trimmed as possible. Contrarily I like women with hairy forearms and legs, with trimmed pubes but not hairless.

The Young Pretender
Sep 22, 2012, 3:08 AM
Why I don't? It's a significant time investment for what amounts to my annual fuck.

good93
Nov 21, 2012, 12:24 AM
I honestly would like to, but I don't know how to!

wln1595
Nov 21, 2012, 7:21 PM
I don't want to be with either a man or woman that shaves their whole body. I like a bush on a woman and a man. It creeps me out out...I want to be with a man or a woman not a child. That's what goes through mind...

bottomsup4444
Nov 22, 2012, 11:53 AM
I think the same way I have always shaved all over and some times my leg it makes me feel clean and some like it some don't. But I do so that is all that counts lol, It is so nice to hear from someone that also like it

bottomsup4444
Nov 22, 2012, 1:43 PM
I have seen many posts on here about preferences in body types and so on, I like hair on others body's or no hair it dose not matter to me. I have male and female friends that shave are don't shave, that have piercings all over and that have beautiful tattoos that cover there bodies. I have gay friends,straight friends and all around my age within a few years. I don't shave to be juvenile are do I even think that way it is just a personal preference. I like all my friends for who they are I could never imagine judging any one as we are all unique individuals and the world would be a very boring place if we all did the same thing. Life is way more interesting just excepting people for who they are.

mattsbutt
Nov 22, 2012, 5:14 PM
c'mon people....can't we all just get along? I prefer smooth, myself, but I don't really care what anybody else prefers....why should you?

soaked_again
Nov 22, 2012, 8:07 PM
All comes down to personal preference at the end of the day. When my wife and I first hooked up we were both early 20's and sporting full bushes. In time I persuaded her to shave her pussy but she never asked the same of me. For some reason I experimented when on a business trip and loved the completely shaven look - smooth balls etc. It wasn't meant to be though in the long run as a) it's a pain to maintain and b) my wife disliked the total shaven look - as she put it once, it felt like she was fucking a boy instead of a man. The compromise these days is smooth balls and shaft and heavily trimmed pubes. Thinking about other men's cocks with my bi curious hat on my view and given my interest in oral sex with another man only I'd like his cock to be either fully shaven and smooth or the same as my own - the thought of a cock bristling with hair is a tremendous turn off no matter how natural it may actually be.

Just my two cents ;-)

soaked

twoforone16
Nov 24, 2012, 5:26 PM
I have shaved and/or waxed my entire body at times mostly when I was in a gay relationship and crossed dressed it kept him happy. My exwife did not like the shaved look so I would keep myself trimed for me. My current wife like to play with the hair on my chest, and lets me do what I want as far as my cock goes. Lately I have just been keeping it trimed rather short, as it is a lot less work than shaving. Getting LAZY I guess