PDA

View Full Version : looking for drag show in Ocala fl

ocaladouglas
Feb 24, 2012, 9:39 AM
hey everyone, A while back in Ocala florida there used to be a place called Connections just outside of Town. It was a place that the areas gay and bisexual community could go to and really be ourselfs. One of the things that they had there was a drag show. Unfortunately the place closed:( I heard a rumor that near downtown Ocala or in the downtown area that someone is doing a drag show again. I was wondering if anyone in the area had heard anything and could tell me where it is.

thanks Doug

biguycancun
Feb 25, 2012, 7:38 AM
http://clubfly.com/venue/2933/the_copa_ocala.html
http://www.outtonight.mobi/gay_club_listing/Florida/Other/index.html

welickit
Feb 25, 2012, 4:36 PM
The wife and I go to the drag shows down here in St. Pete now and then when friends are in the show. They are usually advertised on your local gay pride web site if you aren't actively involved in the community. Getting involved with your local gay pride is something you will never regret. Not talking sexually here, there is much more to it and activities and friendships are endless once you get involved. Believe it or not the gay community DOES accept bisexuals, especially here in Florida.

12voltman59
Feb 28, 2012, 10:19 AM
I didn't know about drag shows in Ocala---but it sort has always been a center of drag racing --(racing supercharged cars very fast down a short and narrow track)---not a bunch of bitchy drag queens doing running races---even though---that actually kinda sounds like something that might be fun to see.

Ocala was the home of "Big Daddy" Don Garlits---one of the first big time dragracers in the days after WWII--they even have a drag racing museum there named in his honor just south of town.

If ya ever go to a drag race---you probably would not want to talk about anything having to do with drag queens and "queers" other than to make nasty jokes about them---otherwise you might get your ass kicked!!:)

To go to one at least in many parts of the country----ya kinda got to channel your inner redneck, sorta acting like "Larry the (Git 'Err Done) Cable Guy!"

Wanna see some real redneck fun?---just like in one of the most recent editions of Larry's "Only in America" cable show---he went to a mud bogging event someplace where they were racing really high powered "swamp trucks" through a mud bog----yeeehaw!!! What fun---lots of noise and sprayin' mud!!!!:cool:Larry and everyone in the crowd at the event sure loved it!!

ocaladouglas
Mar 2, 2012, 1:15 PM
thanks all for your reply I knew that if anyone could answer my question it would be someone on this site. special thanks to biguycancun, I just didn't think it would be someone from out of country to give me the anser. LOL I am going to check out the club in the next couple of weekends.