PDA

View Full Version : Spokeo.com. ID THIEVES!!!!!!

falcondfw
Feb 17, 2012, 2:14 AM
Hey. Just wanted you to be aware. There is a site that compiles data on EVERYONE on the internet. They CLAIM to only compile public data. I know better. They have my home phone number even though it is unpublished and hidden from even AT&T operators! The site is called spokeo.com. You need to go there, search for your information, and disable it. They are a PRIMO hunting ground for ID Thieves! I hope people take this seriously.

Jobelorocks
Feb 17, 2012, 8:08 AM
I just checked out that site and they had ALOT of information I don't have listed ANYWHERE in public records. Luckily they only have my old address and my maiden name. I had them remove my info. I will pass on the word.

ohmymy69
Feb 17, 2012, 8:15 AM
I requested my info removed from that site about 2 years ago, good thing I used a throwaway email address because the have added that to my info. It's useless to ask them to remove your info and any attempt will only update their data base! Keep in mind most of their info is inaccurate at best.

keefer10.7
Feb 17, 2012, 8:40 AM
I had a friend go bat whackey a while ago over spokeo. The site may appear to be a garden of evil, but it is no different than whitepages.com and a ton of other sites that have data on us. The information found on any of these sites, however intrusive we may find it, are there because it's part of the public domain. As it is now, for a nominal fee, you can find information on just about anyone, but there is one problem; without a social security number there is no real proof we are dealing with the right person.

captjeff
Feb 17, 2012, 10:43 AM
A local television station did a piece on this a few weeks ago. I too was amazed of the information that was collected on me. You can delete your file from the site, I did.