PDA

View Full Version : Just a rant

shewolf50
Feb 16, 2012, 3:29 AM
Nobody ever seems to mind when I cook, as a matter of fact I get a lot of complements on my culinary expertise. Nobody ever seems to mind when I clean up the kitchen afterwards and even do the dishes. Nobody ever seems to mind when I clean the rest of the house. Nobody ever seems to mind when I do laundry. So how can wearing a skirt or nail polish while doing these things do so much to damage to someone’s opinion of me?

elian
Feb 16, 2012, 6:16 AM
The problem is that the damage was caused before you even got here, people in Western society are indoctrinated to somehow believe that women are weak and that a "man" giving up the power of being a man is somehow wrong. This has been going on for years, and it would be a mistake to take it personally, although it can be a heavy burden to bear at times.

It sounds like you are saying that you are unappreciated in more ways than one. I'm sorry that you don't feel loved or safe to be who you are. Is it your family who is treating you with hostility, or just people in general? I hope you are able to find SOMEONE in your life who is supportive..every person just wants to be happy..I wish more people would remember that.

I love men, I just wish we didn't train them so fervently to believe they are expendable. I think it's admirable and even a little seductive that they want to protect the people they love - sometimes though I wish it wasn't so hard for them to acknowledge all of their feelings, even the feminine ones.