PDA

View Full Version : Internet Detective wanted

Brian
Feb 11, 2012, 6:15 PM
Reward Offered! (well, not really I'm afraid, but you will have my never-ending gratitude)

I am trying to get a hold of our Posting Rules from the old site. There were three of them I think. They were carefully crafted and revised after several years of experience. But I have lost them!

I tried to find them on waybackmachine but to no avail.

They appeared at the top of the page whenever a user hit New Thread or Reply (to Thread).

Can anyone find them?

- Drew :paw:

welickit
Feb 11, 2012, 7:01 PM
Drew

I am getting this message when I try to get on the site (new bisexual.com). Also another one that is a 401 Error for the old site.

Index of /
[ICO] Name Last modified Size Description
[DIR] realchat/ 14-Jun-2005 05:08 -
[DIR] tmp/ 14-Jun-2005 05:04 -
Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) PHP/5.2.6-1+lenny13 with Suhosin-Patch Server at main.bisexual.com Port 80

tester2
Feb 11, 2012, 7:05 PM
Yeah, that is my challenge. The old site, main.bisexual.com, is history. I need some sort of archive/cache of the Post Reply or Post Thread page.

baachus
Feb 11, 2012, 7:19 PM
is this it?

Posting Rules:
Generally I am not a "rules person", but experience with various internet communities has taught me that rules are necessary, even on a site that is all about about sexual freedom such as Bisexual.com. So here they are:
1. Don't post your personal ad here. They just clutter up the forums. By far the best thing to do if you are looking to meet people is create a quality personal ad under your "My Account" control panel. These ads then show up highlighted to people in your area.
2. Be polite - flame the idea if you feel you must, but not the person.
3. Sexual freedom is what it's all about, but even it should have limits - discussions of non-consensual sex, violence and sex, or sex involving children are not welcome here, will be promptly deleted, and the poster may be banned.
4. Have fun. Learn. Share. Entertain. Discuss. Argue. Enlighten.
- Drew

Brian
Feb 11, 2012, 7:24 PM
Oh I could kiss you Baachus!!!! You are my hero! I am dieing to know... how did you do it!?

baachus
Feb 11, 2012, 7:26 PM
Since main.bisexual.com is done, searched for site:main.bisexual.com and clicked on the google cache. It shows old posts and this was in one of the replies. Old site may be gone but the google cache remains.

Brian
Feb 11, 2012, 7:34 PM
Brilliant. I tried something like that but couldn't get any google caches. I might have a setting wrong (I haven't been seeing many google caches lately - hmmm) or I wasn't looking in the right place. Thanks man!

baachus
Feb 11, 2012, 7:40 PM
Maybe it's because I'm using Coolpreviews and the cache link appears in the preview pane off the search page.

Brian
Feb 11, 2012, 8:12 PM
Maybe it's because I'm using Coolpreviews and the cache link appears in the preview pane off the search page. Ah, that is where it has moved to! I could kiss you twice!! That is handy to know. Thanks!

baachus
Feb 11, 2012, 8:21 PM
glad that I could help. I see the rules are up.