PDA

View Full Version : My little flag..

darkeyes
Feb 11, 2012, 12:26 PM
Droosy Woosy.. I have no lil flag against my name... I'm not upset, cos I could kissya for it... I detest the Union flag.. its ugly and its horrible and neither am I in the least proud of it so dont change it huh? But if ya cud shove up a nice UN flag for me wud greatly appreciate it... am an internationalist so just gimme a UN flag or leave it as it is... will however accept an EU flag if thats the best u can do...quite like the Saltire but am not a nationalist so dont want that either... fix it or not am not fussed.. but no Union flag, babes.. please....

'Course a nice lil red flag wud do ver nicely but best of all.. how 'bout just the dove of peace???:bigrin:

keefer10.7
Feb 11, 2012, 1:29 PM
I absolutely do not believe this. I just spent at least 20 minutes replying to your thread here, and I'll be damned that when I went to post it, I found that I got logged off. I seriously want to toss this new format now.

mariersa
Feb 11, 2012, 1:43 PM
I've got a flag for ya teehee:2cents:

darkeyes
Feb 11, 2012, 2:04 PM
I've got a flag for ya teehee:2cents: in the form of knickers maybe Mars?? tee hee.. yum yum.:tong:

darkeyes
Feb 11, 2012, 2:09 PM
I absolutely do not believe this. I just spent at least 20 minutes replying to your thread here, and I'll be damned that when I went to post it, I found that I got logged off. I seriously want to toss this new format now.Whew.. now isnt that a relief.. saved from a Keefer savagin maybe? Hope he had his teeth in at time...

Seriously, Keefer.. a lil thought and a lil study and u will find it was auto saved and ya can get it back... unless of course ya waffled and savaged sum1 else.. in wich case.. try again...

tenni
Feb 11, 2012, 2:15 PM
Well, I noticed that :)
I thought that it was a sign of Scottish Independence? ;)

Oh I just noticed that someone from Kenya also doesn't have a flag showing either?

Annika L
Feb 11, 2012, 2:17 PM
Yes, maybe it's recoverable...sometimes (recently, I needed to auto-recover, and it pulled up a message from the previous *week*). Yes, maybe sometimes we can remember to save our long posts to Notepad or somesuch.

But seriously...is it really necessary we be logged off every 10 minutes, even if we're actually being active on the site (typing a forum post or pm)??

Can the default be set to an hour or something? Or is it too much of a drain on this new system?

darkeyes
Feb 11, 2012, 2:38 PM
Well, I noticed that :)
I thought that it was a sign of Scottish Independence? ;)

Oh I just noticed that someone from Kenya also doesn't have a flag showing either?No hun... just a glitch methinks.. ratha have nowt than the hideous thing we call the union flag..

keefer10.7
Feb 11, 2012, 4:55 PM
Obviously nothing was "auto saved" as the site logged me off sometime during the writing process. A glitch I am sure, none the less an aggrivating one. It was a one time deal as to what I was writing, and think as you may, we will never know what was going to be posted.

Brian
Feb 11, 2012, 5:34 PM
Droosy Woosy.. I have no lil flag against my name... but no Union flag, babes.. please....
So you have no flag on the homepage? (I can't see when you are not logged in, as now) Or you just don't want the UK one?

I might be able to do a mod for Scot and Welsh flags when those areas selected.

Or a mod so a user can override their default flag with EU flag or something like that.

But probably will be low on the priority list - maybe a month or two.

- Drew :paw:

Brian
Feb 11, 2012, 5:38 PM
Obviously nothing was "auto saved" as the site logged me off sometime during the writing process. A glitch I am sure, none the less an aggrivating one. It was a one time deal as to what I was writing, and think as you may, we will never know what was going to be posted.

I need to talk you into allowing cookies from the site. I think even the auto-save counts on cookies (I think it only works when you go forward and something goes wrong, such as if the server is busy and times out, then you can hit "back" on your browser and the autosave kicks in for you and has saved the post).

All my investigating suggests that these kind of issues are 100% cookies-being-denied issues. This is just one of those sites where cookies are a near-must.

Brian
Feb 11, 2012, 5:41 PM
BTW, for those of you who reject most cookies but use a list of exemptions to allow some sites. You may have had a cookie acceptance exemption/setting for the old domain, "main.bisexual.com". You may need to grant a new approval for the new site on "www.bisexual.com".

keefer10.7
Feb 11, 2012, 5:54 PM
I will surely look into that, Drew. Thanks for the heads up on that.

darkeyes
Feb 12, 2012, 7:27 AM
No dont want a UK flag.. God.. the shame.. dont want a Scottish flag either cos told ya.. am no nationalist.. an am not Welsh ne way.. tee hee. An EU flag wud do me fine but dont fret bout it... am quite happy 2 have it missin.. ya have other more important things 2 think bout babes..

æonpax
Feb 12, 2012, 8:41 AM
No dont want a UK flag.. God.. the shame.. dont want a Scottish flag either cos told ya.. am no nationalist.. an am not Welsh ne way.. tee hee. An EU flag wud do me fine but dont fret bout it... am quite happy 2 have it missin.. ya have other more important things 2 think bout babes..

Here's a flag you might like...the words on it mean "United Through Peace."

http://i.imgur.com/VkZXR.jpg

darkeyes
Feb 12, 2012, 9:26 AM
Ver nice Æon.. but not as nice as..