PDA

View Full Version : What a cockup

Michele Mayelle
Feb 10, 2012, 3:40 PM
They have made a right cockup of what was a very good site I just hope enough of us complain so we get our old site back. This ones terrible, useless

darkeyes
Feb 10, 2012, 5:36 PM
Its easy peasy babes.. chill... owt is better than that green an gold/amber/orange crap that flashed in me eyes I looked at the site...

DuckiesDarling
Feb 10, 2012, 5:40 PM
useless? When the very site was created to give the people who USED the old site exactly what they wanted? Drew is still working on the color scheme but all in all the chat is better, the Blogs are great and it's fairly easy to navigate once you learn the controls. Give it time and you'll see. But most of all what made the old site good was the people and they are here.

*pan*
Feb 10, 2012, 6:38 PM
yea i told him the color scheme was a little bright and too lite, but thats no biggie, this new site is really ok once you get used to it. there's more things it seems. more complicated means more to get used to and learn, plus theres still a few bugs and always is with anything new like this. i hate change when i get comfortable with something and used to it, getting this up and running was a lot of work for him and other people and he's still at it. i think when all the changes are in most will like it.but you can't please all the people all the time.

Brian
Feb 10, 2012, 7:04 PM
They have made a right cockup of what was a very good site I just hope enough of us complain so we get our old site back. This ones terrible, useless Dude, I got your "the site sucks" message in the other thread. And both times you didn't bother to make even a single specific suggestion. No real feedback at all.

- Drew :paw:

Kentbi
Feb 10, 2012, 7:15 PM
I love the new site...just takes a minute to figure out where things are and I believe it's much improved. For instance, when you look at someone's profile and look at the pictures it only takes one back arrow to return to where you started instead of the two. A small thing perhaps but makes it better for me. Thanks, Drew!

**Peg**
Feb 10, 2012, 7:58 PM
well said, DD

I also think the new site layout/design is awesome.... it's crisp and clean, and I really like the colours, esp. the dark green...

I might suggest that the OP take a quiet time and flip through all the links and get to know the site; and when all else fails, read the instructions. I found the FAQs helpful.

orallybi4cpl
Feb 10, 2012, 8:19 PM
The group invite request needs to be put in a quick link tap.. instead of walking thru all the management

using the KISS method really works.. as you said Drew.. there will be issues..
thanks for your efforts :)

sexual26
Feb 10, 2012, 9:49 PM
First off thank you Drew my hats off to you for all the work you do for us in keeping this site up and running. The old site lay out was ok and pretty easy to navigate but I think it was long over due for an upgrade I'm sure there will be a few bugs to work out but once all is said and done this will be an amazing site.

bidirectional
Feb 10, 2012, 10:20 PM
They have made a right cockup of what was a very good site I just hope enough of us complain so we get our old site back. This ones terrible, useless

Ah come on. Give it a chance. You aren't gonna find a better FREE site than this one. Drew definitely has made some nice changes. It needs some tweaking for sure. If there is something specific that needs fixing then point it out. But a general whine is not helpful.

BiDi

Moonlight_BHI
Feb 10, 2012, 11:20 PM
Seriously? Useless? Drew went through all this hard work to change and fix up the site up to improve things, let alone incorporate what some of us wanted into the new site along with what he wanted for the site. Have some manners and respect. You could of at least said it in a nicer way that you want the old site back.

R. R. Wayne
Feb 14, 2012, 2:19 AM
How come I have to log in everytime I visit? I did not have to do that with the old format.

DuckiesDarling
Feb 14, 2012, 2:37 AM
How come I have to log in everytime I visit? I did not have to do that with the old format.

Have you selected "Remember Me"? If you clear your cookies, you will need to relogin but if you check to save your stuff it works on IE for sure.