PDA

View Full Version : Pictures and words

Toad82
Feb 9, 2012, 12:48 AM
About half of the pictures on each page is an "X". Also Some of what people have wrote goes under the "X" or pictures making it where I can't read the page fully.

Brian
Feb 9, 2012, 1:33 PM
About half of the pictures on each page is an "X". Also Some of what people have wrote goes under the "X" or pictures making it where I can't read the page fully. I'll look into the issue of the text and the X picture running into each other.

But you can make the "X" go away and be replaced by the real thumbnails of the pictures by this setting: Control Panel > General Settings (http://www.bisexual.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions) > Display X-Rated Thumbnails? Then change to "Yes". The "X" appears in place of the real thumbnail of any profile picture if the User who uploaded the picture has identified that picture as X-Rated AND the User viewing that profile has "Display X-Rated Thumbnails" set to "No". It allows Users to not be bombarded with X-Rated pics constantly as they view profiles, if they choose.

And I'll mention a known issue... if the User's default picture is X-Rated then I believe it shows in various places on the site even if "Display X-Rated Thumbnails" set to "No". This is a known issue that i need to think about some more before addressing.

- Drew :paw:

Toad82
Feb 10, 2012, 3:14 AM
The setting was already set to show x-rated pictures.

The pictures that are not working seem to be random pics on certain pages. On some posts the report post image is an x, sometimes they are not. Some of the smilies are gone as well. Also some yahoo and AIM images are not showing. There are also other random images not showing up.

Brian
Feb 10, 2012, 8:40 AM
The setting was already set to show x-rated pictures.

The pictures that are not working seem to be random pics on certain pages. On some posts the report post image is an x, sometimes they are not. Some of the smilies are gone as well. Also some yahoo and AIM images are not showing. There are also other random images not showing up. Ok. I think I misunderstood the "X" you were referring too. It sounds like it might be the "X" a browser shows when it can't find/load an image (rather than the "X" we show for X-Rated images).

Can you take a screenshot and post it here? And what browser are you using?

- Drew :paw:

Toad82
Feb 10, 2012, 4:55 PM
I use AOL, but looking around now everything looks fine. I see all of the images now and the images and words no longer overlap one another.

keefer10.7
Feb 10, 2012, 5:05 PM
I use AOL also to get here. One thing I do appreciate on the upgrade, is that the new site works with AOL and chat.