PDA

View Full Version : Blogs

æonpax
Feb 5, 2012, 2:02 PM
How does one delete or edit a blog already posted

Brian
Feb 5, 2012, 2:53 PM
I think you do it by deleting all your blog entries/posts. There are 2 ways to do that. 1 - click the pencil beside each blog entry/post title and then hit the "delete" button. Or 2 - you can delete multiple entries at the same time by going to your blog, selecting the check box under "Inline Mod" beside each blog post/entry, then selecting "delete" under Moderation Tools at the bottom of the blog.

darkeyes
Feb 6, 2012, 5:31 AM
Lucky u can post a blog, babes... however much it needs editing or deleting:tong:.. do mine.. submit it.. and it returns me to where I was.. with a draft..somehow it wont let me post it.. I follow the rules 2 the letter Droosy Woosy... an so wy?? :(

æonpax
Feb 6, 2012, 6:03 AM
I think you do it by deleting all your blog entries/posts. There are 2 ways to do that. 1 - click the pencil beside each blog entry/post title and then hit the "delete" button. Or 2 - you can delete multiple entries at the same time by going to your blog, selecting the check box under "Inline Mod" beside each blog post/entry, then selecting "delete" under Moderation Tools at the bottom of the blog.

Thanks.

Brian
Feb 6, 2012, 6:41 AM
Lucky u can post a blog, babes... however much it needs editing or deleting:tong:.. do mine.. submit it.. and it returns me to where I was.. with a draft..somehow it wont let me post it.. I follow the rules 2 the letter Droosy Woosy... an so wy?? :( darkeyes, that is strange. Are you one of the people who have reported having trouble staying logged in?

darkeyes
Feb 6, 2012, 6:55 AM
Intermittently, Drew.. but I always did have a little when writing posts or messages on the site pre update.. but u know what I'm like.. do go on a bit at times.. but not only will it not let me post a blog it wont let me preview it either.. it just returns me to me draft..

Brian
Feb 6, 2012, 6:59 AM
I'll see what I can do to duplicate it and troubleshoot it.

- Drew :paw:

darkeyes
Feb 6, 2012, 8:46 AM
Hope u havent spent ne time playing Droosy Woosy... wos just me bein inept an stupid.. soz hun... now do summat useful for sum 1 that needs it... kissie..

Brian
Feb 7, 2012, 7:27 PM
I tried for a while and just couldn't duplicate this in FF9 or IE9. I suspect it is a log in issue with our session cookie not getting set. You may want to adjust your privacy settings (either browser or your virus program may have some too). I can't suggest anything else at this time.

darkeyes
Feb 7, 2012, 7:57 PM
I tried for a while and just couldn't duplicate this in FF9 or IE9. I suspect it is a log in issue with our session cookie not getting set. You may want to adjust your privacy settings (either browser or your virus program may have some too). I can't suggest anything else at this time.

I did resolve it mesel Drew.. u should read blogs. tee hee. and I did post to tell u somewhere Id solved it..like in the post before urs.. it was my own stupidity hun. Im sorry for putting u through all the bother.. am sure u have quite enuff on ya plate rite now..

Brian
Feb 7, 2012, 8:04 PM
No bother at all darkeyes. Glad you got it solved!

tenni
Feb 28, 2012, 4:21 PM
Hi Drew
If you forgot to put tags in your blog entry, is there a way to go back and add the tags or change them later? I just tried to check. I see where the tag section is on the blog but when I hit the edit pencil, the tag box disappears and so I can not add tags after posting the blog. If not, that's ok.

What is a "tag cloud"?

Brian
Feb 28, 2012, 5:47 PM
is there a way to go back and add the tags or change them later? Yes, there is, because I did so myself the other day. It is kindof goofy how you do it... Go to the blog post. Hover over where it says "Tags: none" (or it might have the tags you already entered). Then a small icon will appear near your mouse pointer -it is a tag with a pencil. Click on it. And you are now editing/adding the tags.

And this is what a tag cloud is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag_cloud On our site it appears on the right side of blog posts. They are clickable so to see all blog posts with that tag you click on the word in the tag cloud. Over time the more popular tags with grow bigger and the less popular ones will be smaller. But right now we do not have many blog post tags so I think they are all the same size.

Brian
Feb 28, 2012, 5:50 PM
And strangely enough, it seems we can edit each others' blog post tags. Not sure I like that. Thinking...

Edit: This has been changed. You can only add/edit tags on your own blog now.

tenni
Feb 28, 2012, 6:13 PM
Thanks Drew It worked. I like the aspect that the blogger moderates their own blog. I think that it might just cause problems if other may change the blogger's tags.

Hephaestion
Feb 29, 2012, 3:43 AM
Drew - I've written to you partly on this on your own blog as a comment

If there are interest groups that pursue their own ways and discussions and there are blogs which allow for personal comment and discussions, With so many nooks and crannies, is there a need for a main forum?

The perception here is that the site is becoming too compartmental and is losing the greater binding shared experience.

tenni
Feb 29, 2012, 7:35 AM
Hep
I haven't used the blog concept too much yet but I thought a bit along your perception initially. In reality, the blog is quite different from the forum imo. The forum is open for discussion on a variety of topics and issues while the blog is for self expression by members. The blogger has more control over the blog not only for the flow of their thoughts on going from blog to blog but as the moderator. Reading the blogs are open to all including visitors. What is posted on each member's blog both by the blogger and other is under the control of each blogger. Not every member is going to want to blog but it is nice to have the opportunity. I'm not sure about the interest group section yet.

darkeyes
Feb 29, 2012, 8:00 AM
Drew - I've written to you partly on this on your own blog as a comment

If there are interest groups that pursue their own ways and discussions and there are blogs which allow for personal comment and discussions, With so many nooks and crannies, is there a need for a main forum?

The perception here is that the site is becoming too compartmental and is losing the greater binding shared experience.The forum will always be required.. I am as yet undecided whether the creation of groups will be the boon we want because u do have a point about compartmentalisation.. but as long as people have the ability to read each groups discussions, and the forum exists there will always be the likelihood that a thread will be raised or a general discussion.. when this was first mooted I did have concerns and I think we have no alternative to run with it and suck it and see.. it may yet prove to be too much of a fragmentation by isolating people from one another and if the forum was done away with the reality is that the value of the site would be greatly diminished.. if that does look like happening then Drew will have to think again and so will everyone else about just what they do want.. much depends on the use people make of the groups and of finding out what groups of which they are not members are discussing.. and how much interplay there is between groups, the members of groups and what people are prepared to raise on the forum from group discussions.. from my observations so far there are a number of issues which are closed to non members of groups in a contributory sense which would be far better debated as a general discussion as a thread in forums..

It is early days after the revamp and things are still bedding in and people getting used to the difference... go sook on a boiling for a month or two more and see how things get on... mine's are soor plooms btw... and soor may yet prove to be the taste we get out of present group format... Droosy Woosy take note..

Brian
Feb 29, 2012, 8:30 AM
Good points raised darkeyes, tenni and heph. We'll monitor things inthe coming months and go from there. Speaking of compartmentalization, I posted this in response to a blog post by Keladry (http://www.bisexual.com/forum/entry.php?64-Relationship-of-Blog-and-Forum)... it might be useful for you bloggers, and highlights how they are more for your own customizable and controllable space:

Hephaestion
Feb 29, 2012, 5:56 PM
OK you three - let's go for it.

darkeyes
Mar 1, 2012, 1:39 PM
OK you three - let's go for it.

Naaa u go for it... mine's haddie an chips wiv curry sauce.. an dont forget the salt.. not 2 much.. but PLENTY of vinegar!!! An hurry up bout it.. me h8s cold or reheated fish suppas!!!