PDA

View Full Version : chat connection failed ...cant get onto chat

cyclone6
Feb 5, 2012, 5:44 AM
Can't into chat. Connection failed....What to do

cyclone6
Feb 5, 2012, 5:57 AM
was able to get on thru Explorer and NOT thru Firefox Mozilla. Hope they fix it.

Brian
Feb 5, 2012, 7:18 AM
You might need to adjust your Firefox settings. I am able to get into chat using Firefox 9. Or maybe your version of Firefox is somehow different, what version are you using?

- Drew :paw:

void()
Feb 5, 2012, 9:28 AM
May also want to check that your Flash player/s are up to date. In my experience on Linux computers, big issues are keeping the proper Flash and/or Java up to date. May also be the same on Windows computers. Adobe does not always provide much trumpeting of new Flash being
released. At present I'm using Firefox 9.01, and a recent version of Chrome. these both enter chat fine. I also use Konquerer, Galeon, IceCat, Epiphany.

cyclone6
Feb 5, 2012, 12:44 PM
"using 10.0"

cyclone6
Feb 5, 2012, 12:46 PM
"using 10.0"

Brian
Feb 5, 2012, 3:12 PM
Cyclone, it's got to be a setting with one of either FireFox, Flash or your firewall. I fired up my other computer with FireFox 10.0 and was able to get into chat. And no problem using FF9 on this PC either. I hope that helps.

ReawakeningBi
Feb 10, 2012, 4:20 AM
I was having trouble with the chat even before the new site -- not all the time, and the trouble would clear up after a while. Not so now; all I get now in either Firefox 10.0 or MSIE 9.0 is a blank white area, roughly square/rectangular with what must be the area for a righthand sidebar for the user list. Flash is up to date. No changes have been made to Norton Firewall.

Brian
Feb 10, 2012, 8:38 AM
I was having trouble with the chat even before the new site -- not all the time, and the trouble would clear up after a while. Not so now; all I get now in either Firefox 10.0 or MSIE 9.0 is a blank white area, roughly square/rectangular with what must be the area for a righthand sidebar for the user list. Flash is up to date. No changes have been made to Norton Firewall. I'm thinking it has got to be either some security settings (Norton, Windows firewall or browser), or a browser plug-in. I suggest disabling them one by one (or all to start) and narrowing it down.

I suppose if you are seeing it in FF and IE that might be a clue... that might narrow it down to either Norton or Windows Firewall security settings (the latter is probably disabled by Norton so it can manage things, but worth checking).