PDA

View Full Version : Enabling Personal Ad

Paul B.
Feb 4, 2012, 6:31 PM
Can't seem to find any way to enable my personal ad.

DuckiesDarling
Feb 4, 2012, 6:39 PM
Queer go to top user bar where it says My Profile, Click on Personal Ad tab, then Enable Ad

Paul B.
Feb 4, 2012, 7:24 PM
The "enable" box is checked but it still won't post.

Brian
Feb 4, 2012, 8:09 PM
Do you get an error message or anything? How long is the text of the ad? I know there is a minimum limit to filter out any super-tiny ads, but maybe the error message is not showing when that limit is not reached. I think it might be 40 characters min or something.

If that doesn't fix it, can I have permission to log into your account as you and check it out?

- Drew :paw:

Paul B.
Feb 4, 2012, 9:11 PM
Yes Drew, that would be fine. Thanks for help. Just a clarification, it looks my profile is enabled, but it doesn't appear with the other listings in my area.

Brian
Feb 4, 2012, 10:53 PM
Ah. It doesn't appear with the 10 displayed on the homepage? If so, that is because it is not one of the 10 most recently updated ads. Just update it by making a small edit to bump it back up to the top of the list.

If it doesn't appear at all on the Search Personal Ads for your area (http://www.bisexual.com/forum/searchads.php) then that is a bug.

Let me know which it is.

Edit: I am seeing your ad in your area on the Search Personal Ads page.

Brian
Feb 4, 2012, 11:07 PM
Okay. I think ads are not being displayed in the order of 10 most recently updated ones on the homepage, as they are supposed to be. I am not sure in what order they are being selected - maybe 10 random ones, or 10 oldest ones. Bug noted and will be fixed. Thx queer id.

Paul B.
Feb 5, 2012, 6:00 PM
STILL can't get my profile to appear with the others in my area!!!! Might I add a frustrated WTF!!!!

mwmrichva
Feb 5, 2012, 6:37 PM
I'm having the same problem, I checked my profile and "Enable Ad" is checked. Is there something else I must do?
Thanks for your help.

Brian
Feb 5, 2012, 6:59 PM
Please don't start a 2nd thread. Your ads are appearing, as near as I can tell, on the main Search Personal Ads Page, http://www.bisexual.com/forum/searchads.php (let me know if that is not the case). They just aren't appearing on the list of 10 most recently updated ads on the homepage. It is a known bug and will be fixed in a couple of days.

Brian
Feb 5, 2012, 7:07 PM
mwmrichva, I am seeing your ad too on the Search Personal Ads Page (2nd page of results). So I am thinking your problem is the same bug as with as queer_id - the 10 ads showing on the homepage are not the 10 MOST RECENTLY UPDATED ads in your area. It is documented and will be fixed in a couple of days. We'll also change the Search Personal Ads Page results so they are shown in order of most recently updated ones first as well.

Brian
Feb 6, 2012, 5:43 AM
And another problem I just noticed. A user's own personal ad is not showing in the Search Personal Ads results for that user. It is showing to other users, but not the logged in user. We will change that.

So queer id and mwmrichva, that is why you aren't seeing your ad on your Search Personal Ads page. Others are seeing it however.

Paul B.
Feb 6, 2012, 7:19 AM
Thanks much Drew! Sorry for being so impatient.

Brian
Feb 6, 2012, 7:21 AM
No worries at all. Your queries were very helpful in identifying some things going on that I didn't realize were going on. Thanks for that.

celticmagic
Feb 6, 2012, 8:59 AM
Good morning, Drew...Some problem here!
My add is checked, but I can not post it or display it anywhere.
Please, if you can, you have my permission to log into my account and correct it.
Celtic

celticmagic
Feb 6, 2012, 9:22 AM
Same pproblem here!
Can not make my add/profile appear anywhere!

Brian
Feb 6, 2012, 9:42 AM
Same pproblem here!
Can not make my add/profile appear anywhere!

Your ad is showing to others, just not for you. We will have that quirk fixed very soon.

celticmagic
Feb 6, 2012, 12:26 PM
Thank You!

Brian
Feb 7, 2012, 7:24 PM
This should be fixed now.

micurious
Feb 12, 2012, 6:20 PM
Hi there,

I'm actually looking to re-enable my ad on here. Is that possible, or do I need to send an email? Thanks,.

-micurious

micurious
Feb 12, 2012, 6:25 PM
Found it! Disregard. :)