PDA

View Full Version : Advice

imaguy711
Jan 26, 2012, 10:57 PM
Serious question here. I am a guy, and I'm emotionally attracted to women. However, I am physically attracted to men. Am I just bisexual, or is there a term that describes me?

Long Duck Dong
Jan 27, 2012, 12:17 AM
bisexual comes to mind.... if you are interested in trans people, intersex, gender undefined.... then pansexual / omnisexual......

dafydd
Jan 27, 2012, 3:01 AM
are you emotionally attracted to men too?
biamorous maybe..?

Jobelorocks
Jan 27, 2012, 8:22 AM
A good definition for bisexual is someone who is romantically (emotionally) and/or sexually (physically) attracted to both genders. Now these can be different levels of attraction as well. For instance I am a bisexual woman who is both romantically and sexually attracted to men, while I am just sexually attracted to women.

Only you can decide what your sexual identity is and I won't tell you one way or another. All you can do is look at what it means to be different sexual identities and decide which you think you best fit.

fredtyg
Jan 27, 2012, 8:31 AM
Agreed. If you're sexually attracted to both men and women that would be considered bisexual. You could emotionally be attracted to men, women, or both and still be considered bisexual.

Keep in mind the "sexual" part of bisexual. It refers to sexual preferences. Emotional preferences are secondary.

stu.gottz
Jan 27, 2012, 12:42 PM
Ditto to what Jobelorocks said for me except reverse the genders.

dafydd
Jan 27, 2012, 12:44 PM
Agreed. If you're sexually attracted to both men and women that would be considered bisexual. You could emotionally be attracted to men, women, or both and still be considered bisexual.

Keep in mind the "sexual" part of bisexual. It refers to sexual preferences. Emotional preferences are secondary.

'sexual' refers to all forms of intimacy, closeness, and arousal, the same with heterosexual and homosexual. not all bisexual relationships involve sex/arousal, just as not all homosexual or heterosexual relationships involve sex/arousal.

tenni
Jan 27, 2012, 1:00 PM
imaguy711
I would suspect that you are in a very large group of bisexuals (men in particular) who have no emotional attraction to others of their gender beyond a platonic emotional attraction(friend). Many men are physically sexually attracted to other men but have no emotional romantic attraction.

Since bisexuality is fluid though it is possible that you may begin to develop an emotional attraction to a man later in your life. Stranger things have happened.;)

Live you life so that you are comfortable with yourself.