PDA

View Full Version : Tory Revolt Threatens Same Sex Marriage

darkeyes
Jan 17, 2012, 9:29 AM
David Cameron our erstwhile dinosaur PM is reasonably sound on lgbt issues.. officially and publicly at least.. the law is supposed to be changed to allow same sex Marriage (there are already Civil Unions allowed as u probably are aware) in England and Wales.. however the US is not the only part of the world where there remains a large dinosaur population elected or otherwise and now up to 100 maybe even more Tory MPs threaten to try and kill the proposed bill.. there is a large majority in the commons for such a measure but whether Cameron is prepared to risk his party unity and even his job should he press ahead remains to be seen...

Time prevents me from saying much more but this explains the man's little local difficulty and what it may mean for the likes of us in England and Wales.....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-mps-go-to-war-over-gay-marriage-6290679.html

Separate legislation is to be placed before the Scottish Parliament and I fully expect there to be a law passed there before long.. the argument north of the border is about where people can marry, not if they should..

12voltman59
Jan 17, 2012, 10:39 AM
Frannie---you are a bad, bad girl posting up a thread right now about some controversial political issue!!!

BAD, BAD Girl---bend over and take your punishment!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin:

darkeyes
Jan 17, 2012, 10:51 AM
Frannie---you are a bad, bad girl posting up a thread right now about some controversial political issue!!!

BAD, BAD Girl---bend over and take your punishment!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin:

.. just make it vewwy painful willya Voltie:bigrin:.. me deserves everythin me gets:eek:... hav been vewwy vewwy bad...:(

bigbadmax
Jan 17, 2012, 11:14 AM
Not defending or decrying any politicians here but I heard the church of England were against it and that believe it or not, the Catholic church had no view either way.

Nothing to source this comment but just a whisper I heard.

darkeyes
Jan 17, 2012, 2:08 PM
Not defending or decrying any politicians here but I heard the church of England were against it and that believe it or not, the Catholic church had no view either way.

Nothing to source this comment but just a whisper I heard.

*laffs* Dont believe it for 1 min babes...the Catholic church r goin bananas bout it... suggest u keep ur ear closer 2 the ground an listen bit more carefully..:tong:

Gearbox
Jan 17, 2012, 2:27 PM
"Many colleagues are worried that it would fundamentally affect how marriage between a man and woman has historically been viewed in this country," he said.
"Hmmmph!! Hmmmmfff! Bloody working women! Hmmff! Damn gay n lessies! Hmmmmf! Hmmmf! Stuff n nonsense! Hmmmmf!", could be heard all night long in their sleepless beds, allegedly.:rolleyes:

Well I'm not pro-marriage, but I reckon if the religious want to gang up, then the LGBT should too.;)

Edit- Reason being, the historical view of LGBT needs fundamental change. Not coz I wanna fight!lol

bigbadmax
Jan 17, 2012, 10:22 PM
*laffs* Dont believe it for 1 min babes...the Catholic church r goin bananas bout it... suggest u keep ur ear closer 2 the ground an listen bit more carefully..:tong:

My sources say the Catholic church are staying out of the argument so that they are not associated with the outcome, if the Law changes in favour of gay marriage then they will not be held responsible and vicky verka, they wont be held liable if it doesnt.

A moral exclusion for them that does not have them bickering with the church of England, a shrewd move from them methinks- although it would be good to have a full debate on equality in marraige in the corridoors of power.