PDA

View Full Version : Will society ever accept bisexuality?

jazzer
Jun 10, 2005, 6:46 AM
Apart from my college days I never really thought a great deal about bisexuality when I enjoyed being with guys. Let's face it the line I was fed was that bisexuals were guys who were gays who really couldn't make up their minds. At one stage as a teenager I thought I might be gay when my best mate got us to suck each others cocks.
From then on I became very heterosexual and to my shame verging on homophobic. I loved women and still do and so I married and had three children. Work and family life intervened and it wasn't until I retired that some of those male longings started to surface. Bugger, was I turning gay. I had cold sweats, being gay was a fate worse than death, just ask my mates. I do apologise to the gay people out there as it is not truly how I feel now, but how I was conditioned by my peers.
So at 59 years of age I shared my bi feelings with my wife. That was one of the most traumatic things I have ever done in my life. Would she say you silly old bugger or just ask for a divorce.
Well neither. She and I have embarked on MMF threesomes and she has grown to love them. I am a very lucky man.
OK I know all you young guys find it hard to believe that an old couple can still find pleasure and experimentation in sex at our age, but we do and we have.
The thing I feel really sad about is that so many young people out there will be subjected to the same crap I was and be made to be feel social outcasts because they are attracted to both sexes.
The macho line is yes I love FFM threesomes because I love to see two woman serving me and each other and that is OK, but MMF threesomes are weird and not for real men. Sort of a double standard really.
All I can say is that a MMF female threesome is the most erotic thing I have ever experienced in my life and I am sorry I had to find this sexual pleasure so late in life.
Will society ever accept bisexuality? I somehow feel they won't because in doing so they might have to accept those deep desires that lurk in the innermost reaches of their minds, and that would be really unsettling for many people. This site is the tip of a very large Kinsey iceberg and for many people their true feelings will be forever buried as deep as the Titanic.

LoveYourCum
Jun 10, 2005, 11:22 PM
Society, as a rule, doesn't think well on it's own. You will always find those people who will hate no matter what the subject. besides what is more important by a long shot is you're accepting your bisexuality.

Seek out those people who are accepting and focus your attention on them and the rest be dammed. It's your life, you live it the way your heart says to. The only "society" you have to answer to anyway is your heart and your wife. It's good you found this while still young enough to do something about it! Enjoy! :tongue:

I would be with the both of you anytime!

jazzer
Jun 10, 2005, 11:58 PM
Thanks for your comments Loveyourcum. I agree that accepting your bi feelings can be hard, but sharing them with your partner can be even harder, but important I think. Only my wife and our bi male friends know how I truly feel and in my mind no one else need know. I totally agree with the sentiment expressed on this site that heterosexual people don't race around stating that they are heterosexual. Also thanks for your tempting offer to be with us. :tongue:

teraspecter
Jun 21, 2005, 10:59 AM
I blame our patriarchal society. There are other cultures in the world where a young boy of the tribe becomes a man by performing oral sex on an elder male. For some reason, the first world is just really ass-backwards. Men are on capitalistic forages to collect as much as they can to prove their worth and women are just more objects to show off. It makes me sad just thinking about it.

jo69guy
Jun 21, 2005, 1:56 PM
I too lived a hetero lifestyle for many years. I also was very anti-gay, and definately homophobic. I began to get more comfortable around gay people as a result of a former girlfriend. I have just in the last seven and one-half years begun to live a bi lifestyle, somewhat in the open, though not to everybody.

To get back to the question, who knows? I just try to be as open minded and caring as I can be to all people.

:2cents:

m.in.heels&hose
Sep 28, 2005, 9:35 AM
jazzer i am sorry and a little embarrassed that i did not see this before now

i really doubt society will ever (in the open) accept bisexuals, but within society there is a sub culture (my opinion anyway) and this sub culture thinks more freely
i waas homophobic for a short period of time too, but i got to thinking that these are just people like myself who want to live their life and be left alone, so why not treat them as i wanted to be treated, and i pretty much live by that rule to this day
i have a sister who is lesbian, and i have seen what she has gone through when she came out, and her good friends have turned their back on her (except for one) im sure this hurt her, but she has dealt with it, and she has moved on.
i too have tried to surpress my bisexuallity and it seemed the more i tried to surpress it, the more bi/gay i turned (cravings i think) like a smoker trying to quit smoking!

and (before i close) i tend to be attracted to olde men myself jazzer, i have found them to be more open minded than younger and more immature guys

thank you for my :2cents: here
m.in.heels&hose :bipride:

Ratchick
Sep 28, 2005, 12:20 PM
All through school we are taught to catagorise this and that, and we are programmed to do so with people as well.

Society is JUST starting to hear homosexual issues and slightly understad them. Unfortunately, with a moron in office of USA who refues to understand GLBT issues it seems that Bisexuality is out of W's League.

BUT, after talking to older GLBT people in my community, in thier 70's and 80's, I find they are amazed that GLBT issues are even on the table. They never dreamed Gay marriage would even be an option in thier lifetime. Openly Gay /Bi actors is amazing to them.
Hell, I am astounded at the openess of Young GLBT folks just 10-15 years younger then me. They come-out at 15 Yrs old now, and younger!

So to me, with time, Bisexuality, along with Homosexuality and general Queerness will be accepted or at least acknowledged.
Bisexual have two hurdles. 1) Hetero society 2) homosexuals.
We are much a piriah to homosexuals as we are to Heterosexuals.

So the more OUT and aware we make people, the more likely it will be that someday Bisexuals wont be just "Freaks"

RC

JohnnyV
Sep 28, 2005, 12:21 PM
Hi,

Society will never accept bisexuality, because it can't accept sexuality at all. The US is still puritanical and repressed. Bi folks are simply juggling all the sexual neuroses and repressions on both ends.

J

csrakate
Sep 28, 2005, 2:05 PM
Jazzer,
Like MIHH, I am sorry that I have not seen this thread before. I was raised to believe that homosexuality, bisexuality, and anything else that deviated from the "normal" coupling of a male and a female was wrong. I didn't know anyone who felt differently...or at least anyone who admitted that they did. So you can imagine my surprise when my boyfriend of six years proposed to me and when he did, also shared with me that he was bisexual. You know my story Jazzer so I won't go into all of that again, but the bottom line is, if I can change my views, then it is possible for many others to do so as well. But it takes obtaining a bit education about sexuality and an open mind to do so and that may be what is causing it to take so long for society to accept all of its members.

I have also shared how my coming to this site has expanded my view...that by talking and sharing with others has led to my better understanding that while some may choose to leave their options open as to who they sleep with, they are in fact no different than I am. I am also afraid that society doesn't accept "in your face" attitudes and while I am sure the Gay Movement is empowering for the Gay community, it often leads others to automatically reject something that they know nothing about. Very often it is because they are probably suppressing their own sexuality, but very often it is because they are just plain close minded and stupid.

I would like to believe that as generations continue to cycle, those of us with a more open mind will pass their attitudes on to the next generation. Perhaps we can end this cycle of hate and distrust one day, but unfortunately, we have a long way to go. But like I said, if I can change, anything is possible!! We just have to continue to hope and continue to spread positive attitudes...like not allowing others to bash homosexuality or bisexuality in front of us...teaching our children that it isn't right to dislike others for who they choose to love...not being afraid to talk openly about our own sexuality so that perhaps society will be less inhibited and less repressed as a whole.

Yes...it is a pipe dream...but it is one that I will continue to hope will one day become reality.

Kate

;)

mike9753
Sep 28, 2005, 2:38 PM
Hi Folks:

A little history. In the 60's there was a popular book that was made into a movie called "The Harrad Experiment". What I can remember was that a few heterosexual couples got together and began to live in a house. There were 8 couples if I am not mistaken (It's been a long time).

Anyway, throughout the book, these couples began to breakdown and sleep with others within the house. As I recall, some pairs changed, there was some F2F sex and even M2M sex. The message I took was that if people respected each other, communicated honestly and openly then people would not have to feel restricted to being monogamous.

As a college student, I thought that was great. And during the 60's (pre-AIDS), I experimented and had a great time.

Then I went to grad school, became a psychotherapist and began my private practice. During the course of 25 years of practice, I dramatically changed my thinking about this matter. I saw couple after couple whose lives were ruined because of promiscuous behaviors - either with the fore-knowledge and permission of their spouse, or with the active participation of their spouse.

So now, based on those many years of experience, this is what I believe. (And I know I will catch all sorts of reactions to this unpopular view).
1. We have not progressed much in the years we have been on this earth as a species.
2. We are still subject to jealousies, anxieties, angers, etc.
3. Sex is one of the most powerful dynamics that we can imagine. It is neither good nor bad, just powerful.
4. Sex can serve to keep us together and cement pair bonds over time because of the intimacy that can occur as a result when a couple expresses their love physically.
5. Sex can also serve to unleash tremendous rage and anger. Many horrendous crimes have been perpetrated because of the underlying motive related to sex.
6. Few people can successfully deal with multiple sexual relationships (maintaining a pair bond while having sex with others).
7. Those that say they can, may not have as good of a pair bond as they could if they were monogamous.
8. In addition to some of the reasons above, I also think that we are continually evolving and that may mean that in the future bisexuality and homosexuality will become accepted by mainstream society. It's been many years since Dr. Martin Luther King had a dream. How far has society come in eliminating racial prejudice? Take that example and it will give you some insight into how long mainstream society will accept bisexuality and homosexuality - only multiply it by a factor if 100.
9. I strongly believe that Bisexuality exists and that is is part of our DNA. But I also firmly believe in monogamy.
10. Society has yet to rationalize itself to accept things that are different. To a person with fundamentalist beliefs, anything outside of proscribed behavior (by tradition, by their interpretation of doctrine, i.e. the Bible, etc.) is wrong and unacceptable.
11. I talk too much, so I will stop now.

Well who is going to take the first pot shot?? I worry that having been so definitive, Drew may kick me off the site. But let's see who responds and debates me.

Mike

JohnnyV
Sep 28, 2005, 6:43 PM
Mike,

Your views are realistic and practical. Just as the Puritans created a holy ideal that people cannot live up to, so sexual radicals of the 60s created an uninhibited ideal that people cannot live up to.

It would be wonderful if relationships were simple enough to say that limitless sex is within our grasp, if we only overcome repression. Of course it is much more complicated and a lot of the rules we find repressive actually evolved because they made sense. For example, to play the devil's advocate, the penis and the vagina are biologically better suited for copulation than the penis and the anus, so we could rationalize the heterosexual norm as something grounded in timeless natural principles. Your points are well taken.

But on the other hand, why does every generation look for ways around those very same rules? Read Ovid, Dante, Boccaccio, Shakespeare, Sade, Hawthorne, Faulkner, Ginsberg... Even if the monogamous principles you mention are as old as time itself, so is the human appetite to dodge and violate them!

Weirdly enough, we need rules and we need to break rules. That's the only way we can find ourselves as people. Bisexuality is the greatest example of the paradox. Bisexuals can live in a marriage that looks suburban and churchgoing and totally pristine, then prowl for wild sex with a gay pervert in the bathroom of a public park. The mix of transgression and normalcy is part of what makes it so hot.

I hate to say it, but I think that when society accepts bisexuality, we may lose the thrill that comes with it now. I know, in my case, I became more and more straight, as my wife started to view my bisexuality as something tolerable and normal. Without feeling like I was doing something scandalous and taboo, I suddenly realized the sex in and of itself wasn't that revolutionary. And I started snuggling down in a boring suburban marriage, shopping for housewares on Saturdays at Target and watching reruns of Friends while eating leftovers.

J

jazzer
Sep 28, 2005, 8:08 PM
I am pleased that my post has created some interest. Initially I thought it brought very little reaction and I was pleasantly surprised to see it resurface. In relating my personal experience in adopting a bisexual lifestyle and how it came about, I hoped that it may give an insight into how others deal with it.
I would like to thank everyone for their contributions to my thread, they made very interesting reading and can only build on what I wrote and add to a further understanding of bisexuality. :) :bibounce:

Ratchick
Sep 28, 2005, 8:20 PM
Mike,
Although I agree with a lot of what you say, I don't agree that monogmy is the only way.
Polyamoury is not the practice of just screwing everyone you want with out talking to your current lover(s) first. It is not about promiscuious (No, I can't spell), or even group sex entirely.
The way I have come to know it from Friends and my own girlfriend, is an open communication and freedom to have other relationships.
In theroy I am polyamourous, and I haven't gone out and slept with anyone I could find. My GF is Poly because she needs to have a man in her life as well as a woman. She had tried monogoous relationships and always ended up wanting the other sex, eventually. Polyamoury allows her to keep her lover(S) with out having to break-up with them just to sleep with a man/woman.
She has one boyfriend and one girlfriend. All she has time for really...
She is very careful to give needed time to both of us and make each of us feel special. She is very open about her sexuality and multiple patners. Nothing is done behind our backs or with out us knowing. BUT at the same time, I dont know all the details of her relatinship with her Boyfreind either. It is a totally seperate thing. I belive human beings are EITHER Polyamourous OR Monogomous. Some folks do better with more then one relationship, others with just ONE intimate relationship.
Depends on the person.

Also, to address our evoluntionary progress:
Considering it takes millions of years for any species to evolve, I think the human race has done a great deal of evolveing in it's extremly short time on earth. Look at alligators, millions of years old, still living in a swamp. You have to remember, that human life is but a mere half blink in the time table of existance. In 100 years we have done great things for human rights. IS it enough? NO, not by ANY means. But, when you consider that JUST 3,500 years ago people only lived 20-30 years on average, and had NO doctors or medicine, and for the most part were a tribal people not accepting of ANYONE outside of thier tiny tribe, I think we are comming along. Maybe not fast enough for those of us who already see what must be done to goto the next level, but very fast evolutionary wise. Yes, we need to go faster, but you can't disparrage the progress we HAVE made.

30 years ago, how many Gay programs or Gay networks did you know of on TV?
How many High schools, just 20 years ago, had GLBT Youth Groups for teens IN the schools?

10 years ago, How many comprehenisve Bisexual Websites did you know of?

5 years ago, was legal Gay marriage something anyone thought would even be on the platform for a presidential election????

Just a thought......
RC :2cents:

SweetAmy
Sep 28, 2005, 8:27 PM
Will society ever accept bisexuality?
I'm not really sure and dont care b/c I love me for me.

mike9753
Sep 29, 2005, 12:14 AM
I am very pleased with the reactions of just a few. I readily admit that I don't know the answers to these questions. I have hunches based on experiences.

I have never met anyone who can maintain multiple relationships with different genders that include emotional and physical intimacy. But that does not mean there arn't people out there capable of doing it. Not having any face to face knowledge of these extrordinary people, their successes are outside my experience.

I would comment on Ratchick's line, "She has one boyfriend and one girlfriend. All she has time for really..." That is a very practical key to this issue. Again, for me, having a solid relationship with someone, emotionally satisfying and physically gratifying is all that I have time for. I couldn't imagine maintaining two at once - because of the need to communicate, to share, to keep private elements of each relationship so they don't bleed over into the other one. More power to her!

As for evloution, I am very optimistic about all we as humans have accomplished in a short period of time. But I am also distressed at the levels of intolerence that exist all around us. I would have hoped that after WWII, after the civil rights movement began, after we mapped out our DNA, after we have done all that we have done, that we as a specioes would learn to be more tolerant.

But Johnny's point about forbiddne fruit that tastes sweeter because it is forbidden is a good one. That is a consistent point, ever since the Garden of Eden. Will we ever appreciate what we can have and never crave that which we shouldn't? Is that the nature of a curious, thinking creature that is man? Maybe.

Mike

Proteus1979
Oct 4, 2005, 9:00 PM
I doubt everyone will ever accept it or any sexuality other then heterosexuality. At least not for a very long time. I quite frankly here the word "f--" word far more then I hear the N-word or any other ephithet against any other minority group.

Between the macho guys scared of anything that smells of of love between two men or the evangical prudes that condemn anything sexual outside of heterosexual marriage. And seemed to think of the idea of same-sex love or anything else that don't understand as a threat to civilization then I doubt it's a conflict that I doubt will ever be resolved. At least in my lifetime.

The simple sad reality is that there is some miserable and hatful people that can't accept everybody. It's not a question of wither they will hate somebody, but they are going to hate.

MissMoo
Oct 4, 2005, 9:58 PM
I think the main problem with our society is the constant demand for labels and public definitions. Society encourages everyone to STATE who they are and why and when, and then analyzes whatever it is that people say.

I say - the hell with labels. Other than the fact it's no one's BUSINESS what my sexual prefferences are, it's also - in my opinion - not something you SHOULD label with a definite and absolute certainty.

See, some men love blonde women, they get turned on when they see one walking down the street, or when one is sitting on a red cadillac on a commercial or an ad - and many of them end up hooking up and falling in love with the "opposite" type; a brunette, or anyone who is not.. well, a perfect model.
Those things happen all the time, and no one demands the men to declare publicly what their sexual prefferences are in terms of which type of females they like, do they. So no one really cares if that guy had a blonde girlfriend for three months, and a brunette for three years. It's also no one's business.

Same with me.
I like men. I like women. I don't go by gender, I go by feelings and attraction. Society demands me to DECLARE and "pick a side":
Gay society demands me to say I'm gay, because they believe in coming out, in pride, in the strength of numbers, in the need to show the world there's lots of gay people - I accept, agree mostly and usually support that, but that shouldn't come at my expense. I'm not a lesbian. I love men.
Straight society demands me to decide and declare I'm either "with them" or "without them" since there can't be a straight woman who likes female touch (unless, naturally, she's a porn queen).

All those attitudes show a narrow minded thinking, one that society enforces on MOST of bisexuals who don't even know, as a result, that they're bisexuals!

Do you go around declaring you like foot fetish? do you go around yelling you love being tied up? do you dance in the streets with a dildo? NO. Why? Because it's no one's business.

Same here. It's no one's business who and what I want to do in my own bed and with my own love life and sex life.

They want to "change my definition" every few months when I switch from girl to boy to boy to girl, let 'em have it.

It's their fault and their loss, not mine.

I agree with you that its a hard one, bisexuals are not accepted in straight society aswell as gay society - but its time we stop taking those accusations to ourselves and carry them with us: whether I'm sleeping with a girl because I am CONFUSED or whether I am sleeping with a girl because I want to have FUN or EXPERIMENT or decide I'm GAY, it's MY OWN LIFE.

No one has a right to critisize me.
Specially not gays and lesbians.

~MissMoo

JohnnyV
Oct 4, 2005, 10:28 PM
MissMoo,

So right, so right, you are. Bravo.

I haven't gotten much flak from gays in real life but I'm stunned how much trash gets talked against bisexuality on the internet. To me, and most of my strictly gay friends (of which I have many), it's a no-brainer. If you say that certain people aren't welcome in your social set, your social set dwindles, gets incestuous, turns in on itself, and collapses.

As bi folks, we need to support the causes endorsed by gay and lesbian groups. But they need to court us or their whole agenda is going nowhere fast. It's a question of numbers. Even though bisexuals are much, much more likely to be in the closet (look at the numbers to the "are you out" poll), we are a much larger group numerically than "pure" gays. We should stop feeling like we have to explain ourselves to gays to get their approval.

Miss Moo's got the right idea. Moo! No apologies, no defensiveness. Just be -- support important causes for the queer agenda, and then let other snickers roll off your back. I don't care what Michelangelo Signorile says while I'm screwing my wife. I just enjoy myself.

And that's about 23 cents.

J :) :2cents: :2cents:

kcunderwhere
Oct 7, 2005, 3:03 PM
Ahhh, I'm late...but wanted to add something.

I think some of the problem people have with bisexuals stems from feelings of fear or inadequacies (for lack of a better term). When you are a straight guy, your girlfriend only has to "compete" with other girls...and, theoretically, could perform to the standard of most any other woman.

However, when you are bisexual, I think the partner could feel threatened...if you are a bi guy with a woman, she will feel that it is not fair to have to "compete" with another guy - since she cannot replicate what another guy could offer. Again, same with gays, vice versa, ad nauseum.

The partner will fear that if you need something (sexually, usually) they cannot offer...you will leave them. That feeling of helplessness I believe is part of what leads 100% straight or 100% gay people to feel negatively towards bisexuals - "Pick one and go with it!"

Of course, this is tied in with the idea that love/monogomy and sex are permanently bound together, but I have other thoughs on that... :bigrin:

mike9753
Oct 8, 2005, 1:25 AM
There has been on this thread and others statements against the use of labels. I agree that they can be terribly distructive. I would speculate that what people object to about labels is their Misuse.

I am labeled a man. That is neither positive nor negative - except perhaps by women who have been abused by a man - then it may be seen by them to be a negative label. I am labeled short. Is it good or bad? Neither! I am labeled caucasian or white. Is that good or bad? I guess it depends on your perception.

Being labeled bisexual is not bad for me. But for others in society who do not know what being a bisexual really means, it could be bad.

So I guess my question is can we do without labels? Or without labels that connote a pejorative meaning? I think we have to have them, they are useful. We just have to use them without hurting others.

What do you think??

Mike

APMountianMan
Oct 8, 2005, 9:56 AM
This is an interesting conversation, so here I go again looking at things from a different point of view. When I read the original statement, I come away with the question: how did society get to the place where it does not accept bisexuality? I think most responses assume that bisexuality was never accepted, just as the discussion on monogamy assumes that the history of human relationships is monogamous. I beg to differ. Both are relatively new psychosexual constraints spread for the purpose of uniting the medieval world under one banner.

Please don't get me wrong on this; this is not a rant against religion. But the fact is, a major societal shift came about with the Roman empire’s sanctioning of Christianity. Before that moment, relationships were varied throughout the empire. If a man prefers a man on occasion, so be it. If two women enjoyed the same man, OK. My point isn't that every thing was perfect then, far from it, but sexual roles and marriage was socially different from what we think of today.

The Church used sex and relationships to control its "assets." If you wanted to be a priest you had to give up sex all together, and give all your possessions to the church. This led to a Church richer than most kingdoms. But wait, why must you be celibate to be a priest? Peter was married. Isn’t he the rock, the example, which the church is built upon? That silence is the answer we get for asking. Then came the doctrine of monogamy. I'd like you to think about this, because suddenly the church was saying that it was ungodly to have more than one wife. Uh? What about King Solomon, David, Abraham? The founders of the faith weren’t celibate. And some had more than one wife/woman. This too was an issue of control. Why spend your money on more than one woman when you could give the excess to the church? And two men together, when men were the moneymakers of the day? No, no, the church could not afford to have men hoarding their wealth between themselves.

Get to the point you say? OK. Here goes, all ready we are seeing a shift from the restrictive Christian view of the past. The Catholic Church's stand on celibacy is on its last leg. To save itself, the church may have to restate its position on the ordination of married priest, and with it will come a societal shift on sexuality. Big deal? Yes, every step counts.

The problems that Mike states, with bi/non-monogamous relationships, stem from the societal pressures to fit into a paradigm based on the Christian social view. (Mike, remember when psychologist thought that homosexuality was a mental disorder? What progress we have made on a social level since that myth was abolished – when loving relationships are allowed on a social level they will succeed.) Many thought that interracial marriage would mean the end of civilization. It has not. Neither will gay marriage. Neither will polyamorous marriage.

Fortunately for us, the Christian paradigm of marriage is fraying about the edges, as proof I offer this site. Are we not questioning the sexual mores that have been preached to us from ever hill and hamlet, every mountainside?

I don't see society moving away from bisexuality, but toward a more natural balance of sexuality that is more inclusive. We will not be the Greeks or the Romans in our sexuality, nor will we be traditional Christian. We will be something new, more educated about our sexuality, and more accepting of individual sexual taste. This is my belief, and it gives me hope.

:cool:

saturnmoon
Oct 8, 2005, 4:40 PM
Apart from my college days I never really thought a great deal about bisexuality when I enjoyed being with guys. Let's face it the line I was fed was that bisexuals were guys who were gays who really couldn't make up their minds. At one stage as a teenager I thought I might be gay when my best mate got us to suck each others cocks.
From then on I became very heterosexual and to my shame verging on homophobic. I loved women and still do and so I married and had three children. Work and family life intervened and it wasn't until I retired that some of those male longings started to surface. Bugger, was I turning gay. I had cold sweats, being gay was a fate worse than death, just ask my mates. I do apologise to the gay people out there as it is not truly how I feel now, but how I was conditioned by my peers.
So at 59 years of age I shared my bi feelings with my wife. That was one of the most traumatic things I have ever done in my life. Would she say you silly old bugger or just ask for a divorce.
Well neither. She and I have embarked on MMF threesomes and she has grown to love them. I am a very lucky man.
OK I know all you young guys find it hard to believe that an old couple can still find pleasure and experimentation in sex at our age, but we do and we have.
The thing I feel really sad about is that so many young people out there will be subjected to the same crap I was and be made to be feel social outcasts because they are attracted to both sexes.
The macho line is yes I love FFM threesomes because I love to see two woman serving me and each other and that is OK, but MMF threesomes are weird and not for real men. Sort of a double standard really.
All I can say is that a MMF female threesome is the most erotic thing I have ever experienced in my life and I am sorry I had to find this sexual pleasure so late in life.
Will society ever accept bisexuality? I somehow feel they won't because in doing so they might have to accept those deep desires that lurk in the innermost reaches of their minds, and that would be really unsettling for many people. This site is the tip of a very large Kinsey iceberg and for many people their true feelings will be forever buried as deep as the Titanic. Wow. Very good you could not put it in better words

mike9753
Oct 12, 2005, 12:38 PM
As long as Bisexuality is different from the majority it will not be accepted. If there ever comes a time when 60% to 75% of people can admit that they or others close to them are bisexual, then and only then will society accept us.

We must be predictible in our behaviors and not a threat to the institutions of marriage and the family.

How's that for a prediction??

Mike

Raine
Oct 12, 2005, 12:58 PM
My humble opinion: NEVER!!! in the worst case and a bloody long time in the best case.

I think society at large has finally accepted it has to tolerate same-sex relationships and marriages. Through this acceptance, albeit a forced acceptance initially, they get an understanding that people of the same sex can love each other and establish a relationship in the same way as hetrosexuals do.

I doubt they will ever be able to accept or understand that people could be attracted to and what to have relationships (sexual or otherwise) with members of both sexes.

It took me a long time to accept and understand that I am attracted to both sexes and my wife even longer ... how long will it take for society to understand and accept??? A bloody long time at best.

Timber136
Oct 12, 2005, 1:28 PM
I don't see society ever accepting bisexualiy from a male (my opinion) but being a bi women is different. I know several bi ladies that are accepted in my circle of friends (rodeos). Maybe if I worked in the theater it would be different? (for bi-men). So until times change, I'll stay closited.

Love this site Drew :

Raine
Oct 12, 2005, 1:40 PM
I don't see society ever accepting bisexualiy from a male but being a bi women is different.

Absolutely, I agree with that. Society at large, I think, can't really understand how 2 males could be attracted to each other.

As a mid/late-30's bi-male, married to a very understanding wife ... I'm right behind you in the closet. :) My family, as a start, would die a trillion deaths, let alone the community in which I live if they knew I was a proud bi-sexual.

:bipride: