PDA

View Full Version : Married male 34 and just came out as Bisexual

CorePDX
Jan 14, 2012, 2:51 PM
Most of my life I've been worried about being gay, although woman have always been an addiction. Certain encounters with men have always made me wonder. Unfortunately, like most LGBT people I was constantly exposed to homophobia, myself included. Almost all of my guy friends were haters, and my mom would say things like "I would accept you if you were LGBT, but I would hate it". To make things worse, I deal with MDD and OCD, the OCD is mostly thought oriented and I just can't get things out of my head. So, all of this has allowed my mind to deny the fact that I'm Bisexual until recently.

Luckily for me I have a very open minded and caring wife who has embraced almost every aspect of who I am, Including being Bisexual. She actual got me to a therapist to deal with my MDD and OCD. My therapist, just happens to be a lesbian and an incredibly talented person. So, about two weeks ago after inching towards the idea in my head of be Bi I came out in a session. This has not been a terrible adjustment, but it has been weird. I've got lot's of exploring to do, and the exploring I've done is a huge reality check that I am in fact Bisexual.

Who knows what will happen now, but I feel like a thorn has been taken from deep in my body. I probably will never reveal who I am to many people, including my family, which in a way is very sad. Still, it feels good to be part of the LGBT community and to live in a city that is accepting of who I am.

I'm more interested in woman than men, but I really want to physically explore with men and make it a part of my life.

Jobelorocks
Jan 14, 2012, 3:09 PM
Good for you that you have come to a point of acceptance of your bisexuality. It is incredibly freeing. I know how it is to feel you can't come out to everyone in your life. I still haven't come out to my family, and I don't know if I ever will. They think that bisexuality isn't real, incredibly sinful, or many other horrible things. It is a hard thing to struggle with and only you can decide who it is worth coming out to. You have come a long way and I hope with the help of your therapist and support from your wife you can continue forward on your way to self discovery and exploration.

Hoselvr
Jan 14, 2012, 7:17 PM
Neither of you are alone in your thoughts and feelings.

Long Duck Dong
Jan 14, 2012, 7:42 PM
welcome to bisexual.com....core.... and dude, you are not alone....there are a good number of us that deal with extra challenges every day

and your wife sounds like a incredible lady and partner, you are one very blessed man, and I dare say that you make a incredible husband.....

sounds like your therapist is brilliant.... and a real asset to the community ( all sexualities ) and they make the best therapist and counselors as they help people be themselves .....

so grab a chair, bars open, drinks are free.... and partners welcome too..... and therapists :tong:

bobble
Jan 15, 2012, 2:27 AM
What a huge relief that must be! I hope that you'll keep us posted about your feelings that you experience along the way! It sounds as if you have a wonderful wife, too! I'm guessing that the two of you are off on an incredible journey. Good luck!

slipnslide
Jan 15, 2012, 3:08 PM
You may go back to where you were before. The gay community where I live is full of very insecure sad people. They're depressing to be around and seem to feed off each other's depression in a race to the bottom. Since cutting off all ties to them I'm back in a much happier place.