PDA

View Full Version : Doomsayers for Atheists

pepperjack
Jan 12, 2012, 8:48 PM
'Doomsday Clock' is closer to midnight (Title); Washington- A group of scientists that tracks the likelihood of a global cataclysm says the world is moving closer to doomsday. The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists announced Tuesday that it has moved its "Doomsday Clock" to five minutes to midnight. The group says inadequate progress on stopping the spread of nuclear weapons and continuing inaction on climate change are the reasons for the change. The clock had been set at six minutes to midnight for the past two years. AP article discovered in local paper this week & copied verbatim. 2012 Rocks!!:bigrin:

void()
Jan 12, 2012, 9:32 PM
"Not at all, as long as you provide me with a stick to chase the creatures away!"

Will leave that for your preponderance.

DuckiesDarling
Jan 12, 2012, 10:00 PM
You know I've given up wondering when the world will end cause I'll be dead anyway :)

void()
Jan 12, 2012, 10:03 PM
You know I've given up wondering when the world will end cause I'll be dead anyway :)

Rolls over another tub for DD & LD to sleep in. Lays in his painting lanterns on the inside wall.

pepperjack
Jan 12, 2012, 10:19 PM
"Not at all, as long as you provide me with a stick to chase the creatures away!"

Will leave that for your preponderance.

Didn't require much pondering but puzzled by phrase "Not at all," and needing a stick to chase zombies away? :smilies15

mikey3000
Jan 12, 2012, 10:23 PM
I say to them, "S**t or get off the pot already!" Geez.

pepperjack
Jan 12, 2012, 10:25 PM

People keep saying the world is going to end; it's not! It's going to be recycled like it has countless times before.

DuckiesDarling
Jan 12, 2012, 10:33 PM
People keep saying the world is going to end; it's not! It's going to be recycled like it has countless times before.

well to that i say Soylent Green is people :)

bi42guy1958
Jan 13, 2012, 4:07 AM

I have to agree with this statement! I grew up in a so called religious or christian family, baptist to be exact, and was always taught that our so called "god" is a perfect god. So if he is so perfect how can all the turmoil be going on in his world?
So I believe we are recycled, so to speak! Or at least til the bitch gets it right.

I guess Im no more a baptist, consider me an atheist!:bigrin:

Long Duck Dong
Jan 13, 2012, 5:28 AM
I reckon the world will end when we have world peace.... and I worked that out cos of the number of people that have nobody else to bitch about, tell they are wrong or protest over, will have nowhere to expel all of their energy.... so it will build up until somebody has a opinion they can argue with and they will all release that energy at once and blow the world to bits....... then argue over whose fault it was

chuck1124
Jan 13, 2012, 6:34 AM
Let's see. Wasn't there a preacher that predicted the world would end last May? The proliferation of nuclear weapons, especially to Iran, does make it seem the end of the world more likely. Climate change? No, you lost me there.

goldenfinger
Jan 13, 2012, 6:42 AM
After Noah's flood, didn't god promise Never to do it again. Some seems to have forgotten that.:bigrin:

pepperjack
Jan 13, 2012, 8:48 AM
After Noah's flood, didn't god promise Never to do it again. Some seems to have forgotten that.:bigrin:

He promised to never destroy the world by flood again and the rainbow is a symbol of that covenant. Some, but not all have forgotten.:shades:

void()
Jan 13, 2012, 9:03 AM
Let's see. Wasn't there a preacher that predicted the world would end last May? The proliferation of nuclear weapons, especially to Iran, does make it seem the end of the world more likely. Climate change? No, you lost me there.

Yes and Chuck Norris beat the fool, or of Chuck Norris' clones. Oddly your handle is chuck, are you maybe saying something? :)

darkeyes
Jan 13, 2012, 9:15 AM
If the doomsayers r rite an' the world ends on 21 December.. can I have me chrissie pressies early please?:bigrin:

void()
Jan 13, 2012, 9:16 AM
Didn't require much pondering but puzzled by phrase "Not at all," and needing a stick to chase zombies away? :smilies15

Well (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diogenes_of_Sinope), this ought to help you get cleared up. He is purported to have said it. Nice bit of a joke if considered. That and it's funny to see how many are unwitting cynics and epicureans no matter their religions.

Gearbox
Jan 13, 2012, 4:45 PM
If the doomsayers r rite an' the world ends on 21 December.. can I have me chrissie pressies early please?:bigrin:
First sign of a tsunami and I'll dripping in Lynx - Fcuk in my new socks n comfy slippers.
If yu gota go! Go in style!;)

darkeyes
Jan 13, 2012, 4:55 PM
First sign of a tsunami and I'll dripping in Lynx - Fcuk in my new socks n comfy slippers.
If yu gota go! Go in style!;)

Lynx? Anya hope 2 go out in style babes???

pepperjack
Jan 13, 2012, 6:29 PM
Well (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diogenes_of_Sinope), this ought to help you get cleared up. He is purported to have said it. Nice bit of a joke if considered. That and it's funny to see how many are unwitting cynics and epicureans no matter their religions.

Interesting reading; strange & fascinating character. Are you referring to his walking about mid-day carrying a lamp,claiming to be looking for an honest man? That IS wryly amusing. Enjoyed that info & your reference to my "preponderance" on post #5. Assumed you were complimenting me on my superiority & dominance.:bigrin:

mikey3000
Jan 13, 2012, 7:31 PM
If it happens, I'll be the first to NOT put up a fight. I wanna get off this rock anyway. Just pull up a chair, poor me a peach liquor on the rocks and I'll wait for the show to begin. :bigrin:

Gearbox
Jan 13, 2012, 7:46 PM
Lynx? Anya hope 2 go out in style babes???
I'm in a lil old town, an it's not in Milan.:rolleyes:

Twoforyou
Jan 13, 2012, 7:48 PM
One of the greatest written scenes in sci-fi is from Arthur C. Clarke's " Childhoods End " where a man is playing Bach on a piano as the world is simply erased, block by block, as it approaches him.

I'm with gearbox. Make it a margarita and a really good joint. Throw in a silk shirt, a long smoking jacket, cashmere slacks, and opera slippers.

Like the man says, " Wherever you go...there you are."

pepperjack
Jan 13, 2012, 8:26 PM
One of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes was about a young boy who would have clairvoyant episodes after learning something new & would make such uncanny predictions that he became an international sensation as a psychic. The public was always eagerly awaiting his newest one which he finally revealed as a new dawn for mankind, peace, a perfect world. After the broadcast, while the world reveled in his prediction, his confidantes queried him about what had inspired the announcement. He calmly peered through a window at the sunlight and said (paraphrased) " I just learned about what a supernova is.";)