PDA

View Full Version : My story (in case it helps anyone out there)

istriachilles1
Jan 10, 2012, 1:01 AM
I'd just like to share my story, in case it helps anyone out there.

I am a bi girl (although I've only ever been with guys) dating a bi guy. Although both of us are 25, I am my boyfriend's first girlfriend. Growing up in an Eastern European country, he thought his attraction to guys meant that he was gay (no one talked about bisexuality), and since homosexuality is so forbidden in his country, he never tried to be with anyone. He felt that it was forbidden to be with guys, and was worried that he wouldn't be able to respond to girls in the way they expected. He hadn't even kissed anyone before.

When he moved to the US last spring and we met, we immediately felt a connection. I assumed he was straight, since he was flirting with me so much, but several of my friends told me they thought he was gay (I thought he was at least bi when it took us 1.5 hours and 5 stores for him to find gloves he liked). In any case, towards the end of September 2011 I told him I had feelings for him. He said he felt the same way, but then proceeded to tell me everything (that he thought he was gay, and that he hadn't even kissed anyone). I'm apparently the first person he's ever told that to.

We started going to counseling together, since he was very confused about his sexuality, and very nervous about being intimate with anyone. I told him that he could take as long as he needed to let me know whether he'd feel comfortable being in a relationship with me. At the end of October, he said he'd like to give it a try. The first time we kissed, it was very awkward, but we kept at it.

We've now been together for about 2.5 months, and it's absolutely wonderful. He's positive that he's bi (he jokes that I brought out the straightness in him :)), and I absolutely love him. He's sensitive, romantic, a great kisser (despite his lack of previous experience), and just so kind.

In any case, I wanted to share my story just in case anyone is in the same situation. If you're bi (or if you're just unsure) and you've been afraid to be with anyone, don't be scared! It can work out and be wonderful.

R. R. Wayne
Jan 10, 2012, 9:24 AM
A sweet story. Thanks for sharing.

Realist
Jan 10, 2012, 10:03 AM
Welcome to the site. There are many here who can relate to your story.

You possibly have stumbled upon a remarkable relationship, that was worth the wait! Enjoy!

I hope this turns out to be a loving and rewarding time for you both.

lucky.cucky
Jan 10, 2012, 11:26 AM
Dear Istriachilles1,

I am so happy that you found the love you are looking for. Your story is so heartwarming to us all here. It is like a fairy tale come true. Luckily for me, my wife is also understanding of my Bisexuality and supportive of me. We have had a few experiences together to enjoy that side of our life. Love long my dear, love long.

Lucky.Cucky

istriachilles1
Jan 11, 2012, 2:26 AM
Thank you for the warm wishes, everyone! :)

a2smith09
Jan 12, 2012, 5:41 PM
Wonderful. You two are starting off on the right foot. Wish you all the best as you explore and grow. Why haven't you explored your own bi feelings before?

sparander
Jan 14, 2012, 1:23 PM
Awww thats such a cute story. I am happy for you guys :)

istriachilles1
Jan 15, 2012, 3:02 AM
Thanks, everyone! I am so grateful every day for him. :)

@a2smith09: I haven't yet explored my same sex feelings just because I dated the same guy from when I was 18 - 24, and before that I knew I was attracted to girls, too, but just didn't have the courage to do anything about it.

a2smith09
Jan 20, 2012, 9:46 PM
It's wonderful. I'm so happy nfor you guys and it's great that it's in the open and you are so supportive of each other. I wish you the best. Are you guys going to help each other explore your bi natures? I think shared exploration is a lot of fun and very intimate.