PDA

View Full Version : best/worst threads 2011 and before?

bigbadmax
Dec 26, 2011, 6:56 PM
Not gloating much, but I think I just posted a rather good thread on tonsil tickling pretty petty officers.

Do you have a favourite thread of 2011, if not word by word...in a nut shell? or as a mime that we can all admire......:eek:

Long Duck Dong
Dec 26, 2011, 7:13 PM
any thread with 12 voltmans pics in them from his travels, rate for me as the best threads I have read... they have given us a view of the us that many people never see, the small town shops and buildings...... it reminds me of peter jenkins

peter jenkins was a guy that got so disillusioned with the US that he went walking across the us to find the true US then shared his story in a book
A_Walk_Across_America (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/122781.A_Walk_Across_America)

as for the worst threads..... lol any of the threads where the members were abused and insulted by the site trolls, with uncalled for and very offensive posts......

keefer201
Dec 27, 2011, 8:20 AM
Just a note, LDD......Peter Jennings wasn't even an American, he was Canadian. He was also the one, who in '94, when the Republicans took both houses of Congress, reported (as a non partisan journalist/news anchor) that America just had, what one could best describe as a "temper tantrum". I may agree with Max, but being just as selfish here, that anything I've posted shoud go into the achieves of brilliance...oye! To me, most of what LDD says for material content and the thought process but for the relaxing entertainment for one being ZUNG, I'd go with Mikey3000.

Realist
Dec 27, 2011, 9:28 AM
I realize that there's different strokes for different folks.

I will often by-pass threads, because titles are not appealing to me. If I do enter a thread that is not that compelling, I will usually look for certain member's responses, because I appreciate their views. There are others that I will rarely read. That's just me and I respect others' ability to choose for themselves.

I don't understand why some people will get upset at things written here. If they are disgusting to you, why not just move on?

Apparently, even the most uninteresting things to me are interesting to some, because rarely does one go with no response.

Live and let live.

Katja
Dec 27, 2011, 10:06 AM
Just a note, LDD......Peter Jennings wasn't even an American, he was Canadian. He was also the one, who in '94, when the Republicans took both houses of Congress, reported (as a non partisan journalist/news anchor) that America just had, what one could best describe as a "temper tantrum". I may agree with Max, but being just as selfish here, that anything I've posted shoud go into the achieves of brilliance...oye! To me, most of what LDD says for material content and the thought process but for the relaxing entertainment for one being ZUNG, I'd go with Mikey3000.

The person to whom LDD referred in his link was Peter Jenkins, an American travel author. Anything you have posted brilliant? I think not.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Dec 28, 2011, 2:35 AM
Even tho I havent been around much this year, I vote for Voltie. (Geez, I started calling him that a long time ago and it stuck...LOL) His pics and wit have often times lifted the spirits of many of us, and I love his warmth and loving heart. You GO Voltie!!! :}
Yer Cat