PDA

View Full Version : Quakes in NZ...:(

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Dec 23, 2011, 2:48 AM
Loves, could you joining me in sending out prayers, good wishes, and good thoughts to our friends in ChristsChurch NZ? They were hit by another big series of quakes today, and this is after the devistating quakes that happened close to this time last year, I think....
I hope LDD is safe and well, and everyone else in that town, and surrounding areas.
May the Spirits watch over all of you...:}
Yer Cat

DuckiesDarling
Dec 23, 2011, 2:50 AM
Am praying my favorite pussy. LDD is fine, he's up north but the news is full of the information. Four big ones, largest was 6.0 and all were above 5 hit there. That poor town needs all the prayers it can get, right at Christmastime too.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/6184519/Swarm-of-quakes-hits-Christchurch

pics there

darkeyes
Dec 23, 2011, 4:16 AM
We truly do live on a very fragile planet.:( Our thoughts and best wishes to all affected.. as if their year hasnt been enough and we hope that they can rebuild homes and lives and that 2012 is a much kinder and gentle year than this now ending..:)

Long Duck Dong
Dec 23, 2011, 4:59 AM
I live at the top of the south island, christchurch is part way down the coast from me....

christchurch is the same place that got hammered last year in sept ( 182 dead ) and again in feb this year, and now they have been hit again....

my heart goes out to the people down there as many insurance companies have refused to insure people there now, cos of the likelihood that the insurance companies will have to pay out, instead of raking in the 100 mill+ profits that they have enjoyed for so long..... and at this stage, it looks like the government is buying AMI insurance so that people in christchurch will get insurance cover......

just outside of lyttleton habour, is a extinct volcano under the water.. if that goes for any reason at all.... christchurch is screwed and its the 3rd largest city in NZ, the largest in the south island..... so having that place hammered is bad enuf, but right on xmas, my prayers are with everybody down there that its a safe and quiet xmas....

Rhevan
Dec 24, 2011, 6:09 AM
Those poor people and at this time of year, too. My heart goes out to them and will add my prayers and well wishes to the list.

Rhevan

goldenfinger
Dec 24, 2011, 6:26 PM
Just done a two week cruise around NZ,I didn't go to CH, but wife did. They are using old shipping containers converted into temp shops, after last earth quakes, looks very nice, but let's hope mother earth will settle down soon.

mikey3000
Dec 24, 2011, 7:03 PM
My thoughts and prayers to all affected.